Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 08:36
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickiSue
These are called Body by Victoria Lined Perfect Coverage.

I'm afraid those are too plunging. I fall out of those. :\

I know we always want what we don't have, but I'd be pretty happy being flat-chested. I'd probably just go braless!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 08:45

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

I fall out in the middle, too, from some. But these are actually good, Nancy.

I had the startling development of growing cup sizes, with a stable weight, at around 60. As I've lost, I expected that the girls would shrink, too. But the cup size has stayed stable. And each time you go down a band size, if the girls stay the same, the cup size goes up. So, a 36 D (where I was when I started this journey) has become a 32 DDD. And I can't help but laugh, because it's so ludicrous to me. 30 years ago, and nearly the weight I was three years ago, I was a 34C.
  #18   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 08:52

Plan: Atkins 72 Induc Lifer IF
Stats: 249/157/150 Female 5'7.5"
BF:
Progress: 93%

I know when I was larger busted, I got tired of spending money on bras and they didn't do their job so I turned to sports bras. I have yet to find a fabulous bra after all the money spent. Now that I'm much smaller on top I still go to sport bra that is only when I have to wear one. At home I let the girls free! I just hit the 50 mark and quite frankly sick of bras lol
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 09:13
Experimenter

BF:

Quote:
I fall out in the middle, too, from some. But these are actually good, Nancy.

I'm pretty sure I actually have one of these bras and I fall out of it. :\ I'll have to check again, but it sure looks similar. My lady lumps kind of slide to the side when I'm on my side, or slide forward when I bend over. Very uncomfortable to have it get wedged in the bra.

Anyway, if I do go back to VS I wonder if they'll mind if I lay on the floor of the dressing room to see if I fall out when I'm on my side.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 09:22

Plan: Atkins 72 Induc Lifer IF
Stats: 249/157/150 Female 5'7.5"
BF:
Progress: 93%

That's hilarious Nancy. There shouldn't really be anything wrong with giving it a real test run before buying right...?? If you find something that works to fix this problem so many of us have, please come back and share.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 09:32

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

I'm a very small bandwidth very large cup size person. I can only buy online because stores don't carry my size. In fact very few bras come in my size. I only get bras labeled "full coverage" to avoid spilling out. My size is now 30G. I'm hoping my band width stays right where it is because 28" bras are even more difficult to come buy with an even smaller selection. Decent exposures make very comfortable bras but they are not all that supportive. If you like to wear your tops tight fitting they probably won't due but for hanging around in they are great.

www.decentexposures.com

Jean
  #22   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 10:12

LOL on the lying down on the floor, Nancy. There's another style that's really similar, but cut deeper in the middle, and I could tell, just trying it on, that it was NOT going to work.

Oh, dear, Jean! Have you tried herroom.com? I'm shocked at the wide range of cup sizes they have, even in the smaller bandwidths. Soma, the store, has a big selection, but I'm not certain that they go up to G in such a small band.

The ones I got at VS had only one in stock in my size: beige. But I ordered a gray one online, so I didn't have two identical. Because what's the fun in that?
  #23   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 10:25

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:

Oh, dear, Jean! Have you tried herroom.com? I'm shocked at the wide range of cup sizes they have, even in the smaller bandwidths. Soma, the store, has a big selection, but I'm not certain that they go up to G in such a small band.

Herrom, Barenecessities, Freshpair. I know all the sites. I had found a bra that fits really well by Panache but of course they discontinued it. I found a few being sold on ebay in my size at a very low price so I bought 4. That will hold me (literally and figuratively) for a while.

I think I checked Soma out once and they didn't carry my size.

Jean
  #24   ^
Old Thu, May-26-16, 11:41
Experimenter

BF:

I think post-meno women need a bra champion. Someone should sweep up the market and corral all the wayward girls of girls who have attained venerability, such as myself.

I just can't bring myself to buy a bra online that I haven't tried on. It takes me a dozen or so in the changing room to find one that is barely adequate.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 13:57

Plan: Atkins / Keto / ZC
Stats: 182/130/130 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 100%

I have researched bra sizing and am down two band sizes and down from G to D. I have dropped 25 kilos. I now wear FayreForm but the sizing is small. In a Fantasie bra I would be 10C/D. FayreForm I am 12D. I use underwire bras - I call them sheepdog bras. They round 'em up and point them in the right direction! Losing weight is expensive when you must replace bras. I bought 4 Fantasie bras and shrank out of them. I have given two lots of bras away.
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 17:46

Mintaka, in the US, just to make things difficult, bra sizes go up to DDD before they go on to EFG. So, for example, a British or Euro E would be a US DD. And a US G would be a British I or J.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 18:33

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:

I'm not certain what size my old bras were - the labels had fallen off - but when I started losing weight again I desperately needed new bras. I didn't want to spend much, figuring I'll need a smaller size before the bras wear out (keeping my fingers crossed!), so went to WalMart.

Not much choice there as most have underwires - can't stand them. I was pleasantly surprised to find a very cheap Fruit of the Loom bra in my size - 40D - & it was comfortable. The only problem I'm having is the band seems to be stretching. I started on the first set of hooks, now I'm on the last. I don't think I've lost that much weight in just a few months!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 18:40

Bonnie, cheaper bras DO stretch pretty quickly. And you're not that much shorter than me. At your weight, I was in a 36D.

Have you tried getting professionally fitted? When I went to Vicki's Secret, I was pretty sure, based on the instructions on the Soma site for measuring, that I needed a 32 band. But was shocked to need a DDD. I had her bring me a DD, just to see, but she was right: DDD it was and is.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Oct-04-16, 18:54

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:

I think there's a VS in Spokane - one of these days I'll check it out. But here my only choice is WalMart. Sometimes being in the boonies is inconvenient. But I still like it.

Added - I just looked it up. There's one in the mall on Division - the main drag in Spokane. So I know how to get there & know where to park.

I have to go to Spokane Thursday - maybe I'll go early & check it out.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Oct-05-16, 07:33

In the meantime, go to the Soma website. There are really good instructions on how to measure yourself for a bra. The first time I did it, I realized that I needed a bigger cup.