Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Atkins Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-16, 15:34

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 69%

I mean, peanut butter and cheese does stall some people, but give it a try and see. I think it's far more likely low calorie is stalling you since I think you said in a previous post you're eating less than 1,000 calories per day? I use Fitday as well, but it only tells you how many calories to eat based on the goal and timeframe you input under the Weight Goal tab. Therefore, give yourself plenty time to reach your goal. I often hover at same weight for one week before I see a drop, that's normal. But six weeks makes me suspect you're not eating enough? We all have very different lives and it sounds like yours is really "on-the-go" so you'll find foods that work into your lifestyle. Eating enough is so important. This is a long-term way of life, not a short term fix. Takes most of us a while to really get that into our heads lol
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-16, 19:21

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 212/169/150 Female 5'9"
BF:

Each one of us is different. Peanut butter only stalls some of us, but it's a perfectly acceptable low carb food if it's the natural kind and you keep it to no more than 2 tbsp.
Cheese is just like PB. No more than 2 oz. and it stalls some but not others.
ha ha I think there's a few of us on here who eat straight butter - too funny. The things you do on LCHF. But I love it.
I just fried a steak in olive oil with nothing but salt and garlic powder. It was heavenly.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-16, 20:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

JD, how is it going, now?

You do NOT have to allow your husband to put crap on your food, you know.

It's not as though the chicken and the chops are all attached to each other: they come separately. Just tell him he can choose A or B: A, he puts whatever he wants on HIS food, and leaves yours alone or B, you fix your own, he fixes his own.

Anyone working two jobs and running a home doesn't need aggravation from a spouse: they're supposed to support us, not thwart us.

I would rethink that weight goal, too. You are an inch and a half taller than I am, and I have a very healthy, in the middle of the "normal" BMI goal that's 20 lbs higher than yours!

One of the reasons that you may not be losing yet is that you are already very close to your healthy weight.

The great thing about LCHF is that you can reshape your body, even if you don't lose as much as you thought you needed to lose.

Based on what you've posted as what you eat, it looks to me like your biggest challenge is that you eat too much artificial stuff--Crystal Light and Gatorade are doing you no favors.

Maybe cut the coffee in half, and change out the junk beverages for cold water with a slice of lemon or lime in it.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-16, 02:05
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - 1st rung induct.
Stats: 142.8/130.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:

JD, I just want to offer you my words of encouragement and admiration for carrying on with this WOE with all that you've got going on - you can do this thing !

Also, a few food ideas:
1) If you have Trader Joes, they have a delicious mayo with no sugar
2) Pukra makes a wonderful cinnamon tea that tastes naturally sweet, would be great for your sun tea!
3) 2 easy salad dressings with negligible carbs:
-2 tbs mayo mixed with 1/2 tsp plain horseradish (get in fresh dairy case)
-3/4 c olive oil, 3 tbs red wine vinegar, salt & pepper, 1/8 tsp dry oregano 1/2 tsp Dijon, small garlic clove grated:
-mix all ingredients except oil
-slowly (slowly!) pour in oil and wisk with fork to emulsify

Have a wonderful day!
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-16, 05:33

Stats: 230/215/160 Female 69
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi J

All of the members who have posted here have been low carbing way longer than me and have great advice.

I just wanted to say - please don't give up, I know that you can do it! Stay positive, it's really important!!!
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-16, 10:45
Former Couch Potato

Stats: 209/195.5/165 Female 5' 8"
BF:Oh yeah!
Progress: 31%

I would not eat the peanut butter -especially a spoon here, a spoon there. : ) I think giving up artificially sweetened drinks as much as possible and the PB will help a lot. Also radically cutting back cheese. Still enjoy it but track carefully.

I would use HWC in coffee over coconut milk - fewer carbs and stick to 2 cups if you can. I drink tea after my coffee as I can get away with far less cream.

Drink lots of water .... have the mayo. I use Hellman's too and the sugar is negligible and again, the fat makes you feel full.

Add fats to real foods instead of just artificially adding coconut oil to things (why?) -- have a salad with olive oil. Eat chicken skin, bacon, cook in butter, add butter to steamed broccoli or asparagus.` These are ways to add fat in to build satiety and enjoy your food. You want something you can sustain for a long time. To each his own, but your diet would depress me. LOL.

There are some many delicious whole foods you can eat. Make extra dinner for easy lunches, etc. Have a proper size meal instead of bites of this and that.

Good luck!

Last edited by Kaillean : Thu, Apr-07-16 at 10:52.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-16, 11:30

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 184.4/134.6/135 Female 5'3"
BF:32.8/23.9
Progress: 101%

Dukes Mayo has no sugar and is readily available in any normal grocery store. Hellman did make a difference to my losses BUT I am very sensitive to carbs. Under 10 per day for me or I stop losing.
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-16, 11:33

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 184.4/134.6/135 Female 5'3"
BF:32.8/23.9
Progress: 101%

I eat butter from the carton. It is grass fed and a wonderful way to up my fats! Who needs bread when you have a spoon? lol
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-16, 12:56

Plan: Atkins72, mostly
Stats: 294/178.6/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 80%

Dukes mayo is not readily available in ANY grocery store in my area. The Dollar Tree in my area occasionally carried small jars of Dukes in the past, but they have not had it for a few months. I have heard of people ordering it on Amazon. I use Hellmans or a store brand and it has not caused me any trouble.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Apr-07-16, 16:12
Registered Member

Stats: 160/150.8/125 Female 66"
BF:30%
Progress: 26%

I was not able to get into here from work today, but thanks to everyone for all the wonderful suggestions.

2 cups of red eye coffee this morning and 2 boiled eggs so far...heading to the store to load up on pork rinds...and other goodies
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-16, 05:09
Registered Member

I started my new job early, wow it's hell...all the people do is sit around and eat while working...cookies, candy, chips and soda and one brought in 2 gallons of ice cream to share...I politely declined saying I would not eat my dinner if I ate anything extra.

I brought in celery with deviled egg filling, someone noticed it and said it looked good, and it was good..

One of the older ladies said to me, a little goodie will not hurt you...you don't need to diet, you look fine...

I thanked her then, I am not dieting, I am just selective about the foods I eat...

Thanks to all who have helped me here, I'm working on it and hope to post a loss on Monday when I weigh again
  #27   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-16, 08:49

Stats: 189/148.6/145 Female 5' 5"
BF:36%/28%/25%
Progress: 92%

Such a good answer, J! "I am not dieting, I am selective about the foods I eat."

Another good answer is to say that you have food allergies, and have to be careful. Because, really, the toxicity of sugars is something that is worse than an allergen, isn't it?
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-16, 10:27
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins - 1st rung induct.
Stats: 142.8/130.5/125 Female 5'2"
BF:

Wow, that sounds like a tough environment! I think you did an amazing job being strong and also being patient with their comments, which were undermining but probably coming from trying to be nice.

I like that line about being selective about what you eat, I'm going to use that the next time my neighbor expresses shock that I wont drink wine with her anymore!
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Apr-09-16, 16:48
Registered Member

Thank you everyone, being selective is different than being picky...ad being the new kid at the job, I don't want to offend them.

I did manage a shopping trip today, got some coconut oil that tastes like coconut, it seems like a treat...I also found at walmart toasted organic coconut and wow it's amazing reminds me of slivered almonds, I can see me eating these on salad..

I ran into a deal on sliced fresh mushrooms too, so i bought some real butter to have a treat, Mushrooms butter and garlic, I call sex in a pan

Thanks to everyone for all of the support, Dukes mayo is not sold here but I must find my immersion blender and make my own, eggs, olive oil, a little minced garlic, it is amazing and I have not made it in so long, I have forgotten how delicious it tastes

I'm doing well today and will weigh on Monday, check back then, good or bad, we shall see
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Apr-11-16, 05:18
Registered Member

OK it was GOOD!!!! 152.8, I'm now losing.. ..I think it was a combination of too much, artificial sweeteners, cheese and peanut butter, upping the fat with the coconut...

Thank you everyone