Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 13:01

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hi CHELLE! Nice to see you again! And thank you for telling Cricket all about this Carb Nite Solution plan, otherwise I would have never tried it.

Hi ROOB! Great to have you on board too! the more the merrier and the more we can learn from each other!

I am getting ramped up for my first Carb Nite tomorrow night. Actually, it will start around 1 pm, since I am always up at 4am and go to bed around 7pm. I have my game plan all laid out and I have spoken to my doc about my plans. I have the insulin I need if my BS goes too high.

Here is the plan:

Normal breakfast of coffee/cream in early am. I will make some eggs a little later with a bit of leftover turkey - around 10am.

Around 1 pm I will have a serving of Cream of Wheat (with brown sugar for sweetening, and some milk to prepare it). This will give me 40 carbs and very low fat. I will test my blood about an hour later to see how I am doing.

Around 3-ish - I had a hard time figuring out what to do about this. But I saw an ad for a Shamrock Shake at McDonald's and my mind was set. I always loved these and used to get them every year when they came in "season". I have not had one in years. I am going to get one tomorrow! Carbs should be 72 for a small one. The fat is amazingly low for a Shamrock shake, so I am not over-doing it.

Around 5 pm I will have my dinner. I have decided to get a fish fry! 2 pieces of cod with some fries and cole slaw! I believe a dinner roll is included with that. It will come to 95 carbs! This seems so shockingly high to me. I have never thought about the amount of carbs in a simple fish fry before.

That is 209 carbs already. I will need a bedtime snack, and Ed has sugar cookies, so I may scarf a couple while watching TV in bed. IF I CAN HANDLE IT! That seems to be so much food and I will try to have at least a couple to get that last insulin release before I sleep. At least 35 carbs extra.

WHEW. I am curious to see how this goes. That fish fry will fill me to the gills. I may have to space it out a bit more. But for the sake of filling up the old glycogen stores, I will give it my best. At least I will get around 200 carbs in for the night minimum. That should do the trick.

Tomorrow morning I will post my weight and measurements before I start the day and post my weight every morning after so I can see how my body reacts to this.

I can barely wait. This is so scary!

I hope the rest of you are having a good ULC day and gearing up for your Carb Nite! I know I seem to be over-planning this, but I don't have the luxury of winging it. I must make sure the blood sugars do not get out of hand.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 14:06
Registered Member

Plan: my own low carb
Stats: 100/100/100 Male 50.0 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

CNS ers LIANNE ~~ Well, I for one am thrilled to have you find this thread!!! I do not even know what DIRTY CARB NITE IS
I guess it is cheats?? What in the world ELSE is there
I like that idea about fasting before the carb nite.. that is generally just my speed. I do not eat early and am happy when I have nothing until about 3 pm! But tomorrow is a hectic day. I have an early morning appointment and will not return until I think around 10AM. I changed my entire menu around a bit. . I will have hotcakes when I return..not many but there is almost no fat there.. 1.5g per 2 (4") cakes..and carbs a plenty! I will not have to sorry about fats early with THAT!
Of course I am having my blueberry syrup. Looks like this harvest I will be saving lots for me to have.
Later on I bought 2 NY strip stakes to have with baked potatoe and butter and sour cream and potato bread rolls to have with some SF strawberry preserves ( like the Sf Smuckers stuff ) ...I also bought those amazing veggie straws WOW they are great!...BUT sit down.. POLLIE>>BETTER GET YOUR SYRINGE READY>>I bought a cheese cake sampler..tin of brownies with icing.. cherry turnovers...and last but not least, some strawberry Haagendas No, I did not forget about my Valentines day candy.. and no, not eating all of everything I got. It is all freezable for next week! But having a nice taste binge in WO NDERFUL ..OH I will be in a carb stupur for certain!.... I did not bring anything in the house! It is unpaked and stored in the friidge and freezer in the barn!!!

I DID buy some whey isolate powder after all. Had it when I got home a bout noon and it was delish! made it into a thick smoothie.Did not think I would like the vanilla but it was yummy so this will be my mainstay weekdays. Carbs are 2-1fiber =1 useable.. low low fat..almost none...so I use HC in the shake..cals are low as well.
I have concerns about my wheat sensitivities..I have been gluten free for YEARS aside form a rare pizza. So I will have to wathc this. It hits my lungs and joints usually so good luck to me.

My daughter is to begin today as well. She works 7p-7:30A on a changing sched..2days on, 2 days off, 3 (f,s,su on) and then 2 off, 2 on and the nest 3 day week end off so it will be fun getting her farb nites to be on days off. She will be in the need to always change a day later or earlier.
BBL
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 15:22

Plan: Carb Nite Solution
Stats: 22/14/06 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 50%

Hi everyone!

Nice to see you too Paulette! I hope you enjoy the treats and it works well with your diabetes. Mine spikes a bit but nothing awful. I'm type 2 and no longer on meds. I actually test out great as long a I behave 6.5 days a week.

Cricket sounds like you have a good plan. A dirty carb nite is all the sweets and pastry etc. A clean carb night is higher carb but what the SAD might call healthy eating. Sounds like you have a delicious carb nite planned

Liane, nice to meet you. I like carb nights dirty too It seems a few of us are in the same general time from with one low carbing strictly and losing our way. I have to say this is certainly an enjoyable plan. Your last carb nite sounds delicious!

Roobinsky, Dont get down if there is not always a loss after carb nite. Most of the frequent weighers see a bump up before it drops again. The longer I did it the less and less water bounce I saw.

If everyone wants to share daily menus I'm game. I just cant guarantee mine will follow the book 100%. I'm all for the KISS factor!

Mine today:

B~ chicken salad( not much as I didnt like it!)

L~ 4% cottage cheese with a few berries

S~ a tad under 3 oz of cheddar

D~ 8 oz roast beef drenched in garlic butter, lettuce salad with Italian dressing

S~ scoop of peanut butter protein powder with 2 T coconut oil and bit of heavy cream

We are going away this weekend for our 23rd anniversary and I am going to use the vacation protocol maybe instead of my regular Saturday carb night. I'm still debating.
  #64   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 16:41
Registered Member

BF:

HAVE to correct some stuff.. the TWO steaks are for CARL AND ME! NOT just me!!!!AND my typos are horrendous UGH!

This is what I had for late lunch since the breakfast was the protein drink.. I did have a bite of 2 slices Canadian bacon and Am cheese to counteract my 3oz cream cheese and celery snack.. and then I had an ATKINS shake for the 15g of protein in it, 2 useable carbs.seemed like a decent trade on these. Let me know if not..no SA in there at all.. and no bad additives either.
I LIKE that dirty carb nite... with my treats, this may be considered just that

What is the vacay protcol???
  #65   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 17:34

BF:

This is what I ate today:

B - Nothing - I had to fast for my labs this morning
L - coffee with cream (as soon as I got home from the doc), cottage cheese
D - turkey with cream gravy, asparagus with butter
S - yogurt (my special homemade stuff!)
  #66   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 18:43
Registered Member

BF:

hmmmm.. cottage cheese.. great idea! I often get urges for something and have that with a bit of cinnamon and sweetener and sunflower seeds in it..now it is more than doable

HERE is an idea from a pool pal... she calls it pizza swirls...
eggplant cut in half.. sprinkle with salt and let sit to get the water and bitterness out.. then after draining that, sprinle with olive oil, add some rocotta and mozerella and italian sauce and bake 30 mis or so..oh sounds great..
ALSO a speghetti squash lasagna.. boil and peel etc the squash.. layered in pan and layers are rocotta, cheeses. parm, italian seasonings, sauce and add layers etc.. bake. sounds easy enough for me. Of course the Wallyword was out of eggplant or it would have been my veggie tomorrow!
She has it as snacks and so will I!
  #67   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 18:43

Plan: VLC - Atkins Style
Stats: 260/218/180 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 53%
Default May I Join

Hello,

I am a low-carb veteran, but newbie to this site and find the CNS plan intriguing. I've lurked quite a bit over the last year so some of your faces are familiar to me. I had been stuck in a stall for over a year (aghhhhh) then since last October I've started gaining again. I am very frustrated and desperate to figure something out.

Can I join your group? I haven't gotten the book yet, but will be soon. I'll tell you all more about me if I get the to join.

Dusti
  #68   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 18:45
Registered Member

BF:

QUESTION.. I saw on a blog where they track.. so where, when, how much are we looking for for fats and carbs and proteins? The book is very poor in dealing with this..unless I missed specifics?? There must be close to ideals out there.
  #69   ^
Old Wed, Feb-17-16, 19:28
Registered Member

BF:

Got an answer on the stats.. same as we had always done
approx 75% fat, 20% prtein 5% carbs yea in at least that making sense to me! a tracking I shall go!!!
  #70   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 05:51

BF:

DUSTI - Hop right in! This is not a closed group! It would be great to have hundreds of people sharing this same plan!!!! I feel with you on the plateau. I have been on one for almost 8 months!!!!! It seemed like I busted it this past month, but my measurements have not budged a micro since summertime. I did lose some weight last month, but it was because I was started on a diuretic, and I lost a bunch of water weight and the edema in my legs went away.

Today is my first official Carb Nite. My plan is set and here are my starting stats:

STARTING WEIGHT: 207.4 LBS

MEASUREMENTS:
ARM: 14"
CHEST: 39.5"
WAIST: 37"
HIPS: 45.5"
THIGH: 23.5"

Those are the ones I will track. I will recheck the measurements on the day of my next Carb Nite next week. The weight will be updated daily.

I am still nervous about this. It has to be the weirdest experiment I have ever tried since starting my whole diet journey! If this works I will be eternally grateful. I am sick and tired of this gol-dang plateau!

CRICKET - you and JODI are doing the first Carb Nite today, too, right? I agree how the book is very vague on stats. I will continue my long-standing ketogenic way of eating on all ULC days. The only difference is that I am trying to balance the proteins and fats with every meal now. I am having my morning coffee now and will have a little cottage cheese in a bit. I can't wait to get my protein powder delivered. I would prefer a morning shake!

Is anyone else willing to post their meals, either pre-CN or the CN itself? I am most curious to see how others handle this!

Last edited by PauletteB1 : Thu, Feb-18-16 at 06:04.
  #71   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 07:25
Registered Member

BF:

DUST!!~~~~ I am sorry I missed your POST!!! YES of course you are welcome... so, you were one of our Team ghosites LOL We have a three muskateers total newbie here PAULETTE, YOU AND MYSELF.. not counting CHELLE or LIANNE in the newbies.. Jodi is still in that egg and nt a even a PEEP yet LOL.. she begins the plan tonight and since she has been really off of LC she gets to do 10 days so her first CN is Sunday and that will be mine since we are returning from FL and that date is good....
PAULLETTE.. I will post my stats when I retunr later this morning and weigh in then too. I will be doing the same as you are. We eat differently though so that will be interesting meny wise. No hot drinks for me this AM but will have to do a protein, next to nothing fat and carb.. so it will be Canadian bacon and a small bit of protein shake.that will take care of proteins. I will have a touch of the HC in the drink so fats are there but low too. AHHHhh back to the scales and measureing spoons and cups..WHTH.. had tooo much time on my hands anyway. OUR measurements are almost identical!!! Just goes to show how weight really is not the end all I think we are both the same or close weight to goal even if different numbers... interesting!
Gotta get going to the lawyer for the will stuff. New guy.I MISS my old one
BBL
  #72   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 07:34
Registered Member

BF:

B: shake..forget the bacon

L : pancakes..Aunt Jamima original;complete with blueberry syrup ( do not think I made it with sweetener or sugar)

D: small NY strip;backed potato with small amouts of butter and sour cream, potato roll and Jam
a couple ( 2-3) valenitine's choclate pieces

as the eveniong unfolds: cheese cake, brownies, Haagendas strawberry ice cream

I doubt will have more than samples of these. I just cannot eat that much with my GI system.

I am trying to keep proteins high and very low fats early and then work up the carbs later withthe fats which will not be influenced to remain since the hormones and such are working.. RIGHT??? It is hard to teach me new trick now.. I am going to have to create a cheat sheet when I get home and write this all down before I put a thinh other than my shake into me!
BBL
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 08:14

BF:

CRICKET - our measurements are almost identical???!!!! I find that hard to believe because you are SO much smaller than me!!!!!!!!! I am 5' 8.5" tall and wear a size 14-16 right now. And still over 200 lbs.
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 08:50

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Me Like the CNS plan :)

So I want to try this plan , I went back and read the whole thread and it seems great for those in a stall. My goal is to get to 200 and I am 211 as of this morning due to some pork rinds. I ate way to many, but better then soda and cakes.

I like the Ideal of the Dirt carb night and I think this would work great for my wife and I. I have come down from 270 doing LCHF, but cannot seem to get that last 10 pounds off. I would love to lose more too. I think I want to join and give this a try.

I will go get the book and go from there.
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Feb-18-16, 12:49

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Welcome!

My meals are boring. During the week I normally I will just have coffee with HWC and sweetener (sometimes) or a Bullet Proof Coffee (with butter and coconut oil) or just black coffee. I have this and water until I get back from the gym and then I eat.

Today I've had a vanilla protein shake made with water. Normally I would bring a can of tuna or flakes of ham or something similar. I would mix this with lots of mayo and seasonings.

For supper tonight I am planning to make a beef and cabbage casserole. Last night for supper I had bacon wrapped scallops and steak bites.

Ordered some Beachbody DVDs last night. Told the lady that I was not interested in the nutrition side (21 day containers) but was interested in the workouts. I've been following this lady for a year and she's had some great results. Also, she is a SAHM with 3 young kids. If she can find 30 minutes every day to do a workout in front of her TV or computer so can I. If nothing else, I will add these to my collection of Leslie Sansone workouts that I own.
Closed Thread