Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-16, 10:53

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

New presentation from the LC Vail conference:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/lchf-and-...dr-eric-westman
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-16, 19:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 296/220/205 Male 71 inches
BF:25%?
Progress: 84%

Thank you!
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-16, 19:58

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Good one, Janet. I'm now reading about his Adapt program.
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-16, 03:29

The AdaptYourLife Facebook page has more of the one minute FAQs which the Adapt website does not (or at least I can't find them). Currently the website is dealing with adding sales in more countries, more flavors, etc, but his entire program (same as the clinic) is there for free as he mentioned at the end of the talk. I added a copy of the Adapt booklet to a recent Amazon order just to see it myself, and as I wrote earlier...it is identical, same design, same font with the addition of that one line about oils.

He has confirmed now that he will be talking at the LC SanDiego conference.
  #50   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-16, 04:03

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

This was a great talk by Dr Westman. More of his passion and commitment to what he is doing came out along with his frustration with the powers that be. He's still low key, just a little less so.

Jean
  #51   ^
Old Tue, May-10-16, 08:52

Quote:
From Lynne Daniel:
Eric C. Westman, MD, MHS and I recently co-authored a paper that has been published in the medical journal, Advances in Therapy. We wanted to let you know that our article is fully accessible online, so it is free for anyone around the world to read and download (no subscription or pay-per-view fees).
Please help us spread the word about this article by sharing with those who may find it helpful (friends, family, colleagues, healthcare providers, etc.). Please share it with anyone who may be questioning LCHF as a viable therapy and a sustainable way of living. Please share it with anyone who is questioning what you are doing, why you are doing it, and how it works.

Download .pdf from here: http://link.springer.com/article/10...2325-016-0334-5
  #52   ^
Old Tue, May-10-16, 09:23

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Thanks, Janet. I downloaded a copy of this article to my personal health file at home, and will take a printed copy to my doc next time I see him. It's a "non-scientific" description of a real patient outcome; but it tells the story of LC in an accessible way that my doc might find useful. At least I hope so. I've never actually discussed my dietary pursuits with him, because I've always been well within a healthy profile as to weight and everything else. But he should be informed, no?
  #53   ^
Old Tue, May-10-16, 09:37

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

I had one young doctor react very defensively about wheat.
WWWWats the matter with wheat? (staring at me intently)
I replied, oh nothing, the product just didn't have any wheat in it. He replied- Oh OK...

There was a lot more wrong with this guy and needless to say that after a few more minutes I got up, shook his hand said thank you very much, You've been paid and walked out, with his mouth standing wide open in shock that I wasn't going to take his shitz. (they made me pay in advance)
I feel sure he was vegetarian (skin and bones) and that was Not a good match for me.
  #54   ^
Old Wed, May-11-16, 03:44

Adele Hite congratulated them and made the point that their perspective is "in the literature" now, that means it can be "cited". Some subtle research level that had escaped me, I was only happy for Lynne to be published.
  #55   ^
Old Sat, May-21-16, 06:40

I've been updating information about a meeting in the Local section for WV and DC. But today the news went International!

DietDoctor took this opportunity to repost all his Dr Westman information in one place, the diet itself, tips and how-to, all related videos to the diet including a role-playing introduction class. Check this post for everything about a No Sugar, No Starch Diet in one place:

http://www.dietdoctor.com/serial-di...y-losing-weight
  #56   ^
Old Sun, May-29-16, 12:49

Plan: keto
Stats: 211/177.5/150 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 55%

I bought the Adapt Program booklet from Amazon and got it today. What I really like is that it's clear what to eat. That is very helpful for someone like me who recently started a LCHF WOE.
  #57   ^
Old Sun, May-29-16, 16:42

Plan: ZC carnivore
Stats: 170/147/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Appreciate your mention of the two Westman article sites. ~~mo
  #58   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 08:09

Think I have mentioned before that there is a FB page for the on-line presence of his support group (THELowCarbSupportGroup) and in 2016 you can watch the meetings live on Periscope plus the 24 hours following.

Today until about 6pm Eastern, if you have a Twitter Account and a Persiscope App you can watch the replay by "following" Eric Westman or ~ecwestman. It's a bit over an hour, so you hear the usual welcomes, success stories, some info on Adapt, but also about how now Duke Orthopedic and Heart Transplant send him patients who must lose weight before surgery is allowed. Tells a very moving story and you will hear why his program is not your average weight loss clinic. He is so low key as Barb said, he joked that it takes helping someone get onto a heart transplant list to excite him. Then information about a new HealClinic diabetes outreach, and toward the end, fascinating information about Dr. Bernstein. This meeting has interesting info, but anytime you want to see an in person support group...watch on Periscope first Tuesday of each month.

You can find it here, but then have to download app etc: https://www.periscope.tv/ecwestman/1ynKOrakenZxR

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Jul-06-16 at 09:23.
  #59   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 11:30

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Think I have mentioned before that there is a FB page for the on-line presence of his support group (THELowCarbSupportGroup) and in 2016 you can watch the meetings live on Periscope plus the 24 hours following.

Today until about 6pm Eastern, if you have a Twitter Account and a Persiscope App you can watch the replay by "following" Eric Westman or ~ecwestman. It's a bit over an hour, so you hear the usual welcomes, success stories, some info on Adapt, but also about how now Duke Orthopedic and Heart Transplant send him patients who must lose weight before surgery is allowed. Tells a very moving story and you will hear why his program is not your average weight loss clinic. He is so low key as Barb said, he joked that it takes helping someone get onto a heart transplant list to excite him. Then information about a new HealClinic diabetes outreach, and toward the end, fascinating information about Dr. Bernstein. This meeting has interesting info, but anytime you want to see an in person support group...watch on Periscope first Tuesday of each month.

You can find it here, but then have to download app etc: https://www.periscope.tv/ecwestman/1ynKOrakenZxR

I found what Dr Westman had to say about Dr Bernstein really fascinating. It gave me some insight into what motivates him. Of course I had to listen to the whole meeting to get to it but it never hurts to hear more success stories. I stuck very closely to Bernstein's plan for many years. I've now loosened up quite a bit. There's lots to think about concerning the choices we make, both for those of us trying to optimize our health and for doctors like Westman and Bernstein deciding how to practice. Dr Westman says he's writing an essay on Dr Bernstein. It should be fascinating.

Jean
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Jul-06-16, 12:00

For the future, you can scrub through ahead...on the app it is press and hold and a bar shows up..somehow. I've done it, but not sure how to explain how it happens.this is the only thing I watch on Periscope and it shows.
Hope you heard "Carolyn's" story. I sat with her in January at her first meeting...and to come off all her insulin in month is nothing short of a miracle. I was on the verge of tears hearing that she was able to walk through Duke South (long, long and sometimes scary corridors of outpatient clinics) for the first time in ten years and still with neuropathy pain. Also think I heard Dr. Westman's voice catch telling the heart transplant story...his meetings take "success stories" to a whole different level. I will look forward to the essay on Dr. Bernstein too, his respect for him is immense.