Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 07:24
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamoney
Anyway, today was a great day. We exercised again, visited with some family that was in for the Holidays, and just relaxed. I'm back down 1.2 of the 2 lb gain I had from last week, that is always a good thing. Ready to see that new decade.
I'm glad you're back, tam and that your scale is still working for you! You'll see a new decade in no time flat!

Keep Fighting the Good Hard Fight, girlie, cause you are SO WORTH IT!
Quote:
Jo: Thanks for the welcome back. I am trying my best to get my Aunt to see what a great area this is, so praying that she does agree to live with us, at least until her place sells.
I'll keep that in my prayers, tam, that your aunt decides to stay with you! She surely does not need to be up there in the toxic environment with those abusive family members!!
Quote:
As far as an Induction lifer...probably what I will have to do too. I am so much better at abstaining than moderation.
That's an EXCELLENT point, the abstainer vs. moderator statement.

I know for me, that's one of my many food related issues too. And I'm afraid that if I were to loosen the reins on how I am eating now and "think" I'm a moderator... all hell would break loose and "Fat Jo" will take over again! I can't have that happen now or EVER again!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 07:35
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Good Wednesday Morning Hard Core Warriors,

It is still crazy for me. I am working and have the grandkiddies full time😜👍. My DD and baby Makayla will be home Tommorrow AM. 🎊🎉💃🎊🎉💃. I am 100% on plan bring my tote bag cooler with my tuna, olive oil spray and salad greens. I also have egg white powder or the container of egg whites if I want to make an omelet in a cup😀. So it is all good. Learned 22 months ago to always have my emergency tote packed and in the car. A win win safe a fortune on food and stay on plan.
I'm so glad momma and baby will be home tomorrow!

I can imagine you have your hands full taking care of the grands and doing your job too! But it's only for today again right, until your DD comes home?

Of course you're 100% OP, that's a given since YOU are a Warrior member of TEAM 5%!

I am so proud of you!

I didn't know you did carton egg whites too? I love THEM!

Gosh, we probably eat pretty much the exact same things.. funny how that happened huh?

Huge Congrats again on becoming a grandma and give my heartfelt congrats to your dd and her family!
Quote:
Jo- your wisdom is so important to me in my daily journey! Luv the Dr. A no no's
Wisdom = experience? Thanks for the kind words, Berni, my dear friend!

Yeah, some of the Dr. A No Nos were really OBVIOUS, the cashews threw me for a loop... cause he does say you can add nuts on a higher level. Then I did a little research:
Cashews = 9.3 grams of carbs/oz
Compared to most other nuts that have around 6 and
Macadamia nuts = 3.8 carbs/oz

So until one does the research, you'd never know why it's on the list!
  #93   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 07:53
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
DOWN .5----wee, its been a bit. I corral'd up my calories a bit and got a result. yes it is my calories. they must go down a bit and when they do I see results. OK world, I get it
Huge Congrats on your 0.5 lb DOWN!

at corral'd! You go girl!

We all have to do whatever it takes to get the results we want, so if dropping the kcals a bit will do that for you, that's fab-tastic! But remember, if you get hungry "Feed the Need" with perfectly 100% OP food, there's no sense in being miserable doing this, eh?
  #94   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 08:13

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

absolutely JO. every time I can I am controlling calories, but if I feel the need---I absolutely will eat my LC. I am not on a diet and will not feel deprivation!

I do think it is time to realize each day of my eating can't be a ZC free for all I eat just cause I can sometimes and it is time to put some thoughts behind all this!

In a good place and doing well!!
  #95   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 08:30
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
absolutely JO. every time I can I am controlling calories, but if I feel the need---I absolutely will eat my LC. I am not on a diet and will not feel deprivation!
And you shouldn't feel deprived!
Quote:
I do think it is time to realize each day of my eating can't be a ZC free for all I eat just cause I can sometimes and it is time to put some thoughts behind all this!
Keep a small notebook and record WHY you are eating. Ask yourself questions like:
1) Are you truly hungry?
2) Were you bored?
3) Are you stressed?
4) Are you tired?
5) Was someone else eating and that triggered your "hunger"?
6) Are you eating by the clock?
7) Do you wait for your body to say "feed me"?
8) Did a food commercial tempt you?

IMHO, I think you'll learn a lot about your eating patterns and habits if you start that internal dialogue with yourself.
  #96   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 08:46
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS '72
Stats: 234/182/160 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 70%

What y'all talk about so resonates with me. I've been on and off Atkins since this past March...obviously more off than on. I can't add many carbs or cravings start. I've watched the pattern start SO MANY TIMES!! I know it, so why do I even go there? I read Atkins '72 cover to cover last month which was a huge help. I'm continuing to read all your old threads and so much is clicking for me.

I think white-knuckling and going it alone isn't sustainable. So, I'm going to sit on these threads for a while and soak in all the good advice.

I am finding that if I just eat the same thing for B/L/Dinner I remove the "choices" and I feel more in control. I am only beginning Day 3 but the "less choices" seems to be working better for me for now. Does anyone see a disadvantage to doing this?

Karrie
  #97   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 08:56

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalk

I am finding that if I just eat the same thing for B/L/Dinner I remove the "choices" and I feel more in control. I am only beginning Day 3 but the "less choices" seems to be working better for me for now. Does anyone see a disadvantage to doing this?

Karrie

Karrie - I now eat 2 meals a day and they both look pretty much the same. When I ate 3 meals a day they also looked pretty much the same. This worked and still works really well for me. I don't have to spend much time thinking about what I will eat and I don't have to spend much time either preparing food or shopping for it. It makes life so much simpler. You just have to do what works and this works.

Jean
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 09:08

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Welcome Karrie,

Yes, limiting choices is a biggie for me. Keeping it simple, no fancy recipes or LC baking. Just good plain food. I typically grill my meat...mostly chicken & fish, limited beef & pork. Salad most days with homemade oil & vinegar dressing. I use mostly olive oil for my added fat, a little butter when I have eggs and a little use of mayo, for tuna or chicken salad or deviled eggs. If I have cheese it's on something like eggs or salad...no eating big chunks of cheese any more.

I usually eat twice a day with no snacking. I drink water, coffee (limited cream) diet soda and tea.

Staying 100% on plan is the only way if you are super carb sensitive!!!!

#99   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 10:38
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS '72
Stats: 234/182/160 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 70%

Thank you Jean & Delaney!

Thank you for sharing your experience of what is working for you both.
  #100   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 11:14

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Staying 100% on plan is the only way if you are super carb sensitive!!!!

YOU SAID IT THERE DE!!!

that is so the truth. if carbs draw you in and you become an uncontrollable backsliding insane person around them, what DE said is 100% truth.

stay on a biological 0 plan. it is our only savior when the carbs are the true enemy.

I also have limited food. We ALL eat what we WANT from the A72 food list as it states. WE eat so different but in reality we are eating the same---bio 0 carb!

I tried LC substitutions and baking LC desserts etc. and it was a friggin' nightmare. they were nowhere close to the 'good stuff' I gave up and I realized I need to drop them point blank. no pretending to make old favorites for me anymore. and costly to buy all that LC product stuff--boo!

simple, basic, fresh, delish and off the A72 list!
  #101   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 11:42

Plan: Keto Low Carb
Stats: 317/280/200 Male 66 Inches
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Larry ---this is the info I was remembering....

From "Ketopia"
First off, we need to understand what ketostix actually measure, and more importantly, what they don’t. Generally speaking, ketostix measure excess ketones in your urine. They are considered excess, because they are removed from your serum and shunted to your urine by your kidneys. Their caloric content is thereby wasted.
Of the three types of ketones (acetate, acetoacetate, and beta-hydroxybutyrate) produced by your body, ketostix only measure acetoacetate.

This is extremely important to understand, because it turns out that your body produces different quantities of these different types of ketones depending on how long you’ve been in ketosis. If you’ve been in ketosis for a while, you’re going to see a reduction in the “intensity” of what you register on your ketostix for two reasons:

A change in the relative volume of the ketones produced/present in your body
A reduction in the volume of ketones in your urine as your kidneys reduce the amount they secrete

----Larry if you are ZC believe me you are in a deep keto adapted body!

Thanks, I will ignore the ketostix and just keep to my plan. It sure has worked well so far.
  #102   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 11:49

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Excellent! From what I understand a true stall can last upwards of 4-6 weeks or MORE. I really need to research that in our A '72 book to see what the good doctor says on that!

Couple, or 3 questions:

1) When's the last time you lost weight? How many days ago?

2) How many pounds? You might just be building up to a huge weight loss!

3) How are you clothes fitting? Did you need to put a new smaller notch on your belt? Dr. A does say that the tape measure is a better gauge of FAT loss then the scales: Very very cool! Just gotta remember to update your signature line every day you log in...but I think it really does show the HARD CORE determination this group has for not only doing A '72 Induction but that we are doing it without CHEATING!

It's been about 10 days since I lost and then it was a 2 pound loss. My clothes are about the same.

When I started on the signature I realized it will require daily updates but that is good. It becomes an excellent positive reinforcement for me.
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 11:52

BF:

Quote:
I eat just cause I can sometimes and it is time to put some thoughts behind all this!

Me too!!
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 11:55

BF:

Welcome Karrie!

A great group of Warriors here with lots of support.

Welcome to the EASY way of eating for life.
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Dec-30-15, 12:08

BF:

I just returned from my hematologist. For the last 4 years I have been treated without success for anemia.
I had high hopes that the higher protein and fats and low (now zero) carb WOE would have an effect on my Anemia.

The bad news is this WOE had no positive effect on my anemia

The good news is this WOE had no negative effect on my anemia

All conventional testing has been exhausted.
Now I am scheduled for a bone marrow biopsy on 1/7/2016.
Closed Thread