Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#61   ^
Old Mon, Dec-28-15, 21:24

Plan: LCHF <20g
Stats: 206/182/170 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Whirrlley/Karen, thanks for that info.

What about HWC, and I think Jo mentioned somewhere that she has a fancy coffee with almond milk, and some pork rinds. Also chicken broth. I understand they all have some carbs, right?

I assume I would lose a lot faster on this plan, is that true for the most part?
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 04:27

Plan: Atkins 72 induction
Stats: 225/125/125 Female 5"8
BF:
Progress: 100%

Good Morning Warriors,

Quick drive by DD went into labor at 1:15 am had baby at 3:15am. Quick job. Baby girl 8lbs I think 11 or 13 ounces. DD and DGD are doing well!

I will stop by later
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 05:42

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

CONGRATS BERNIE!!! WEE! A BABY GIRL!!

Be sure to let us know what they named her!

Glad it was fast and all went well I am sure DD is smiling big this morning!!
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 05:45

BF:

1DD I don't use that stuff

not sure on carbs on those things but none of what you mentioned I use. we all use a few different things to get us by on eating well and content.

If you stick to this plan and do not cheat, you will lose well. Of course we are like others, scale down is not an everyday thing and we must just stay on plan, but with you watching you, you can move off some lbs very well. especially when you start.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 07:26
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
OUR WORDS TO LIVE BY!

We got such a cool thread here
Amen Sister!
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 07:37

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Good Morning Warriors,

Quick drive by DD went into labor at 1:15 am had baby at 3:15am. Quick job. Baby girl 8lbs I think 11 or 13 ounces. DD and DGD are doing well!

I will stop by later

Big Congratulations!!! ...grandma

A new sweet baby girl...awesome...glad all is well
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 07:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DogDay
I used to like to binge at times, but only on really crappy carb stuff (like sweets or chips, not cheese, thank god!).
I'm totally like Berni in regards to the cheese, even if it is OP, I can binge on it! So that's not good at all! Just like pork rinds...OMG... so I've stopped eating both of those perfectly OP foods!

I have horrible portion control issues over certain foods...so best not to have them at all is what works for me!
Quote:
Do you just eat meat, fat eggs and cheese? I am trying to figure out what the zero - four carb days would look like in case I decide to try it.
This is how I am doing A '72 Induction and I know it's working brilliantly for me!!

I am saying that because each of us basically has their own twist on what A '72 Induction looks like for them personally BUT it still follows the Rules of Induction for A '72 and using the Acceptable Foods List.

And we each have to do what works best for us to get where we want to go weight-wise and have it be sustainable in our day to day lives!

So this is what I do:

I personally don't do dairy at all. I don't eat more than 600-800 kcals a day.

I don't eat beef (doesn't agree with me). I eat anything with wings (lots of chicken breasts cause it's very inexpensive here), lots of fish (also canned tuna), egg whites, and occasionally pork ~ so mostly lean proteins. I use EVOO for cooking.

I eat once a day because I suffer from a chronic illness called “I’m only hungry when I start putting FOOD in my mouth!” syndrome! And I have to be full in order to be "sated". So a once a day feeding works like magic for me!

I get my 4 grams of carbs from my leafy green salad, usually Romaine lettuce these days. I weigh everything I eat, I don't "eyeball" anything because I can overestimate! 4 carbs grams of Romaine lettuce is 113 grams (3.9 ounces) weighed.

I like grams over weighing in ounces, it's the scientist in me and it's more accurate, IMHO! I use a homemade Garlic Dijon vinaigrette dressing that I grew up on to dress my salad.
Quote:
Thanks everyone for letting me crash your thread....you are all so helpful and that is heartwarming
at crashing our thread!

So are you thinking about becoming an HC A '72 Warrior? Cause you know we'd love to have you join us and experience the wondrous successes we have all achieved to date!

Keep Fighting the Good Hard Fight because YOU are so Worth IT!

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Dec-29-15 at 07:57. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 08:05
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry H
Yet another Zero carb day in what has became a string of Zero carb days.

It is much easier now because it is becoming a habit.
It is becoming part of me. Zero carbs is what I do. It is me.
Huge Congrats on the Zero Carb days, Larry!
Quote:
HCA-72 Induction is not until I reach goal weight. It is my life style forever.
I'm in that same boat with you, Larry, be a dear and hand me that oar over there!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 08:13
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Larry made an excellent point that he was going to be an A '72 Induction Lifer (that's what I have as my plan in my profile here).

I think it's well to remember what Dr. Atkins said when he was speaking about maintenance, that the number of carbs you ate to lose the weight will probably be the same amount you will eat to maintain the weight loss! (Dr. Atkins on "Amount of Carbs for Maintenance" Diet Revolution 1972 pg 263)

I have to stay at Induction level über ultra low carbs so I can get the benefits of no cravings, appetite suppression, super-charged energy and no more weight loss/gain.

Look at it from my point of view...I've been hovering between 114-116 lbs since 16 November 2014... so well over a year eating 4 carbs a day and averaging 750 kcals a day and I haven't lost anything! So I think I've found my "sweet spot" in terms of number of daily carbs and kcals to maintain my weight loss to Infinity and Beyond!

Cause I WILL be a Warrior member of TEAM 5%!

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Dec-29-15 at 09:18. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 08:20
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DogDay
What about HWC, and I think Jo mentioned somewhere that she has a fancy coffee with almond milk, and some pork rinds. Also chicken broth. I understand they all have some carbs, right?
You can find brands of HWC with Zero Carbs from what I understand.

I used to drink fancy coffees using the nut milks (1 carb or less per 8 ounces depending on the nut milk). But the ingredient in the store-bought nut milks (Carageenan) gave me terrible belly aches. I made my own nut milk for a while but the continuing rising price of nuts became an issue for me, so I stopped.

I make home-made chicken broth, so there are no carbs in that. You can buy chicken broth in the stores that also has Zero carbs!
Quote:
I assume I would lose a lot faster on this plan, is that true for the most part?
I'd say probably YES, with one huge caveat, always, always EAT 100% OP and you won't be disappointed in the results!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 08:21
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie2014
Good Morning Warriors,

I will stop by later
OMG HUGE HUGE HUGE Congrats on the new bundle of joy! So glad to hear that mommy and baby are doing well! Woot! Woot!

So when will they be coming home?
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 08:27

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Congratulations, Bernie, on your new granddaughter.

Jean
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 08:50

BF:

JO--I got a question for you on your maintenance.

you have been on maintenance for a while now and that is a monster awesome feat for sure. You know you are part of a minority crowd

but

are you ever going to eat something extra? I mean like add in some mushrooms to your chicken one day? Or maybe something processed like a few slices of pepperoni?

something just from the phase 2 list?

just a few small items you enjoy for your pleasure that don't hurt you?

how do you view your future a bit? I know changing down the line a bit is all of our options, but you are eating the same thing in maintenance, and while I DO understand what you said about where we eat to lose is what it takes to stay basically----don't you think you could up your carbs THE TINIEST bit for experimenting. Or do you find where you are the safest and don't want to experiment?

just wondering about it all and want to hear your view on it all.

THING IS we are all so different. what one can do is never what another can do so it is interesting to hear how you see how you will continue or evolve for the very very long term.
thanks
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 09:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirrlly
JO--I got a question for you on your maintenance.

you have been on maintenance for a while now and that is a monster awesome feat for sure. You know you are part of a minority crowd

but

are you ever going to eat something extra? I mean like add in some mushrooms to your chicken one day? Or maybe something processed like a few slices of pepperoni?

something just from the phase 2 list?
Firstly, let me address the phase thing... in 1972, Dr. A called it levels, not phases!

Seriously, at this moment in time, I have no desire what so ever to add anything more carb-wise than I am currently eating. A few slices of processed pepperoni do NOT have carb-age, at least the ones I've seen! If it's made correctly, pepperoni should NEVER have carbs! But much like you, sodium is so NOT my friend, so I avoid processed foods!
Quote:
just a few small items you enjoy for your pleasure that don't hurt you?
Honestly, I don't really eat for pleasure any more ~ I eat mindfully and only when I'm hungry.

That being said, that DOESN'T mean I don't love what I eat. Does that make sense? Cause to me when you are eating for pleasure, you're not really hungry...
Quote:
how do you view your future a bit? I know changing down the line a bit is all of our options, but you are eating the same thing in maintenance, and while I DO understand what you said about where we eat to lose is what it takes to stay basically----don't you think you could up your carbs THE TINIEST bit for experimenting. Or do you find where you are the safest and don't want to experiment?
I think that's ONE of the biggest reasons WHY I do NOT want to experiment with adding more carb-age.

I HAVE no idea where that fine line is between being in CONTROL of what I EAT carb-age wise and if I were to increase the carbs, where "Fat Jo" becomes CONTROLING and starts to cause chaos in my reality by wanting more and more of those horribly addictive, insidiously toxic, poisonous killer carb-age foods.

Why on earth would I take that risk?

I know I'm a recovering morbidly obese carb-addict, I am so NOT going to play the stupid ass self-destructive game with "Fat Jo" again by eating carb-age!

Seriously, I DON'T view food the same way any more; I know that's why I've been this successful for almost 2 years or if you go by 100% OP days, 706 as of today!
Quote:
just wondering about it all and want to hear your view on it all.

THING IS we are all so different. what one can do is never what another can do so it is interesting to hear how you see how you will continue or evolve for the very very long term.
thanks
Hey I think it's very important to have these conversations. And like you said, WE are all so different, so not only is our LC WOE plan a little different like I was saying in post # 67 to 1DD. But our maintenance plans will be different as well.

That's why I wished Bonny Jean hadn't left when she made her maintenance goal. She really was adding more carb-age and still able to maintain her weight loss. If I remember correctly she was up to 30-35 carbs a day! Her experience with adding carb-age was invaluable IMHO! Just cause she wasn't following A '72 Induction any more was NO reason for her to leave our thread. I think we all told her that too!

Seriously, who knows if tomorrow I don't decide to add a few more "good" carbs... but today, naw, I'm stickin' with what I know!

Hope that answered your questions! You know there are lurkers out there wanting these answers too, eh? So keep asking and I'll keep sharing but with the UNDERSTANDING that this knowledge is based purely on my personal experience!
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-15, 09:48
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

You know that 706 day thing is totally wrong...that's 100% OP days straight, but I only had 3 Off plan days in 907 days! So I'm going to reword my signature line to reflect that fact!

Cause if you do the math (and I did) it looks like I cheated 147 days...and that so is NOT true....

There! Fixed my signature line to reflect the truth!

Last edited by Just Jo : Tue, Dec-29-15 at 09:54. Reason: Option M: More to say of course! HA!
Closed Thread