Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-23-16, 09:29

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

http://body.io/

I also like John Kiefer's bodyio and the sister podcast herbody, I think they're interesting whether you want to do carbnite or not, most of the information seems to be about the keto part of the diet and not the carb ups.

Not low carb, but I like to listen to the Unnatural Vegan on youtube once in a while, just to remind myself that not all vegans are unreasonable, and I shouldn't let my view of them be too slanted by some of the more outspoken radicals. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the diet itself is entirely sustainable, it's just possible to be wrong on some specifics without being generally unreasonable.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FitOnRaw
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-17, 13:56

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Must add a newly found favorite. Have enjoyed TheIHMC videoed lectures on YouTube for many years, but now IHMC has a podcast callled STEM-talk. 31 talks so far, about a third are food, cancer, fasting related, while others are on science, cosmos, physics, etc.
https://www.ihmc.us/stemtalks/

Some well known speakers from the LC world are Dr Colin Champ, Dr Dom D'Agostino, Mark Mattson, ARt DeVany, Robb Wolf. Smart interviewers.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Apr-11-17, 12:18

Amy Berger recommends a new podcast, BreakNutrition.
Her interview on it is good.

http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2017/0...-nutrition.html
  #19   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 03:42

Thread Update:

STEM-talk's latest episode is a 2 hour interview with Gary Taubes, not only his new book, but another in-depth look at the Kevin Hall experiment.

Some of the podcasts listed in my first post have ended, like Underground Wellness. Dishing Up Nutrition is still popular, but it is very basic and the ads seem to be getting longer. I fast forward through them, but still irritating, so rarely listen unless a topic of intertest. Jimmy Moore has also added more ad time within all his podcasts, thank goodness for the 15 sec scrub ahead button.

Still high on the charts of top 50 are FatBurning Man, Robb Wolf's Paleo Solution, Bulletproof Radio, and Ben Greenfield Fitness. A popular addition is the Keto Diet Podcast By Leann Vogel. Surprising to me, high on iTunes today is Found My Fitness with Rhonda Patrick, PhD., researcher in biomedical science. Her interviews are not easy listens, very sciencey , but she has had quite a few lately that brings in new cancer research. She does video podcasts too so seeing slides and her annotations on biochemistry definitions helps. In top ten also is Happier with Gretchen Rubin...more on Habit Change http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=468195 and only occasionally comments about her LC eating, but surprisingly still doing very well.

In addition to Jimmy Moore's long-running Livin La Vida LC, he now does two other podcasts, Fasting Talk with Dr Fung and Megan Ramos, which I very much like, and Keto-Talk with Adam Nally, which I don't enjoy at all. Somebody must like it; it is up around 70 episodes While LVLC is at #1257! .. an interview today with Dr William Davis on UnDoctored.

Two other additions would be The KetoVangelist and 2KetoDudes...not subscribed favorites but when they interview someone I like, will download that one episode. The iPad Podcast app keeps "Subscribed" shows at top, followed by occasional shows, so just need to look at their feed if anything of interest since last checked.

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, May-11-17 at 06:37.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Sep-27-17, 06:33

The Obesity Code Pilot Podcast via 2KetoDudes.

http://www.2ketodudes.com/show.aspx?episode=84

This pilot episode is an excellent review of Everything insulin resistance, obesity, ketosis, Fasting, Paleo, stevia, PCOS, etc.
It is a highly edited and skillfully produced podcast with Carl, Richard, Gary Taubes, Nina Teicholz, Dr. Fung. An expert and professional production. I was a bit skeptical when it was announced that it would be interviews with IDM patients like other amateur podcasts on fasting. Rather this one using the expertise of Dr. Fung and Megan Ramos is a very polished and professional interview. Unexpected, the patient also dealt with breast cancer, treated with conventional surgery and additional help from Dr. Nasha Winter of Optimal Terrain. ** At that point in the interview, it also covers the use of alternate “natural” sweeteners, salt and exactly how fasting worked for her case. One of the best overall reviews of LCHF and IF podcasts have ever heard… and I listen to a LOT of podcasts.

** Mike Mutzel of High Intensity Health (thanks teaser) also had a good recent podcast and video with Dr Winters. https://youtu.be/KvnzkoCfLno

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Sep-27-17 at 08:21.
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Sep-30-17, 21:17

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 210/178.2/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Thanks for this info.

I went to Ketofest in New London and learned a lot. Since Fasting Talk and Keto Talk with Jimmy Moore changed, I've been sorta lost. I listen to podcasts when walking or on long drives. Inspirational and makes me feel less alone in a carb addicted world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
The Obesity Code Pilot Podcast via 2KetoDudes.

http://www.2ketodudes.com/show.aspx?episode=84

This pilot episode is an excellent review of Everything insulin resistance, obesity, ketosis, Fasting, Paleo, stevia, PCOS, etc.
It is a highly edited and skillfully produced podcast with Carl, Richard, Gary Taubes, Nina Teicholz, Dr. Fung. An expert and professional production. I was a bit skeptical when it was announced that it would be interviews with IDM patients like other amateur podcasts on fasting. Rather this one using the expertise of Dr. Fung and Megan Ramos is a very polished and professional interview. Unexpected, the patient also dealt with breast cancer, treated with conventional surgery and additional help from Dr. Nasha Winter of Optimal Terrain. ** At that point in the interview, it also covers the use of alternate “natural” sweeteners, salt and exactly how fasting worked for her case. One of the best overall reviews of LCHF and IF podcasts have ever heard… and I listen to a LOT of podcasts.

** Mike Mutzel of High Intensity Health (thanks teaser) also had a good recent podcast and video with Dr Winters. https://youtu.be/KvnzkoCfLno
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 07:17

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Thanks for this referral Janet! I struggle finding podcasts I can listen to because I have evidently become an old fogey with regard to speaking -- if they are going to put themselves on the air they should speak clearly and accurately, and know what they are going to say -- so hmms and 'likes' are an anathema to me, I simply exercise the pause button and look for something else (not to mention the ads, which I as you point out lend themselves to practice of the 15 sec scrub). Well, enough of my fussing. I'll try the link....
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Oct-01-17, 08:27

This warning may be too late, but others had a problem with the musical transitions lasting too long. On second listen, I agree, they were odd and didn't fit. But this episode was an introduction to the key points of LCHF, fasting, IR; followed by simple introduction as to why all this may work for adjunct cancer treatment and prevention, a podcast with exactly the content that helps me explain why to follow if cancer is a concern.
If the umms and likes bother you, the music here may be worse. At least KetoDudes have ads only at beginning and end. So far had seven rave 5* reviews, and one 1* from someone who hated this format.

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Oct-01-17 at 08:38.
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Oct-02-17, 17:17
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi -
Janet, I enjoyed the podcast and really appreciate the heads up.
My favorite podcasts are the Livin La Vida LC with Jimmy Moore- but not the interviews. I love the podcasts of the scientific/medical/LC meeting talks. He'll do the whole show on one talk from a recent meeting. I just look at the show descriptions and pick these shows.
Thanks again-
E
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-17, 09:32

Ran across a new Keto Woman Podcast, only two interviews so far, latest with Jessica Walker, a dragon boat coach in Atlanta (a thing in the brest cancer survivor community).
http://ketowomanpodcast.com

Last edited by JEY100 : Mon, Nov-06-17 at 09:49.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-17, 09:37

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/188/185 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 95%

I'll listen to anything by Abel James (Fat Burning Man) or Mark Sisson (The Primal Blueprint). They're both terrific.
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Jun-06-18, 03:35

Haven’t updated this lately, though still listen to many podcasts while driving and walking.

My new favorite, Dr Bret Scher, the Low Carb Cardiologist.
Intelligent, let's his guests speak, has thoughtful follow-up responses, well prepared for each interview. Not all low carb, some new folks from other aspects of the health space.

https://lowcarbcardiologist.com/bou...t/#.WxemlYopChA

Just heard his interview with Dr Shawn Baker, the Carnivore Diet guru. They both explain his recent blood work that caused such an uproar in a simple way that made complete sense. (also listen to Robb Wolf's interview with Baker).

Dr Scher recently had Nina Teicholz on a second time, this interview more focused on her work for Nutrition Coalition.

And the 2KetoDudes also had a two part with Nina recorded at her home office. Their podcast has grown on me, I listen at least to the main interview, every week, skip the recipes.

I never listen to any Jimmy Moore podcasts anymore, but do enjoy The Obesity Code now that the dudes produce it and it is mainly Dr Fung and Megan. (On a break now due to his new book)

Brand new, Dr Mark Hyman with Doctor's Farmacy. Interviews with Michael Moss and Nina Teicholz. He still interrupts his guests, such a "know it all" but I liked the interviews enough to finish them. It might be touch and go if I can stick with his interview style, but by his national reputation, he should gather some interesting guests.

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Jun-06-18 at 10:15.
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 08:47

Dr. Mark Hyman still irritates me at times by talking too much, but some episodes with some guests have been worthwhile tolerating him.

Dr. Terry Wahls:
https://drhyman.com/blog/2018/08/15...dr-terry-wahls/

Gary Taubes: https://drhyman.com/?s=doctor%27s+farmacy&submit=Search
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 11:02

Plan: High protein/HIIT
Stats: 234/197/174 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 62%

Keto for Women with Shawn Mynar! http://www.shawnmynar.com/ketoforwomen/
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Aug-15-18, 11:55

Thanks wheeler!
And Keto Woman I posted before is now up to episode 42, the last one live with Amy Berger from KetoFest.
Had Georgia Ede recently, interviewer is getting better with good guests.