Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 05:54

Plan: Atkins 1972 Induction
Stats: 228/137/138 Female 5' 4"
BF:What body fat??
Progress: 101%

Morning All

Happily I finally got back down to my all time low of 140. Wow, that only took 2 wks to lose 4 lbs! I know how you feel about whooshes not sticking Amy cause mine came quickly, then a gain, then 13 days to lose it all again!! Lordy!!

Kimber: Sorry your newbie is already on a sick day. That's not good!! Hope she works out though. That would suck to have to go thru all that again! OMG! Glad you're so close to your low again. Boy, I know how that feels but at least you seem to get back very quickly! I really have to wonder about salad cause it does the same to me. Is it the salad or the Ranch or the combo of both?? It's quite a bizarre thing to think about. It's only a cup so it can't be a water thing and there's only an almost un-measureable amount of sugar in the Ranch so it's quite perplexing to say the least?

Off topic: anyone know a tactful way to find out if someone at work is married or not??? Is there a way or a question to query this WITHOUT raising eyebrows?? Yes, I have a crush.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 06:35
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Plan: A'72 Induction Lifer + IF
Stats: 265/114/130 Female 5'4"
BF:Not so much now!
Progress: 112%

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmme
Ah Jo ,

I totally understand about your feelings being hurt, yes I agree people do mean well. In the past I have had similar comments and concerns you know it is coming from the right place. They really are trying to show their concern, but IMHO no-one knows your body like you. You are seeing a Doctor whom is not concerned. Yes you have has some stress and are monitoring to make sure you aren't losing too much. I would , as you say , give it a bit you have had some major life changes that certainly could cause more weight loss. As long as your Dr. isn't worried and you feel well. I think that's the main thing. Sorry for the novel...lol

Have a great day
Love your novel! It was a good read! Thanks for you support Kim!

Yeah I do know me... and I know they meant well but it helps me too... you don't want people going yeah good for you... when they may think otherwise, I'd rather have honest opinions... know what I mean??

There's never any harm in re-evaluating my WOE ~ but I constantly monitor EVERYTHING within my power and my doc takes care of the important rest!
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 06:45
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
JUST JO, did I hurt your feelers? I feel really bad now. I sure hope not! I love you very much!
Oh gosh NO NO NO, wasn't you, Paulette, my friend!! Was a couple of peeps who posted in my journal day before yesterday. Anywho....
Quote:
I don't really have a new goal for my birthday, but I would like to see 246.2 perhaps. That would make this a 10 lb loss for the month. But I am happy right where I am. I did a good job this month and my stall never really showed up. Just some weird days.
Oh I wanna see 245 lbs for your b'day, Paulette, why settle for 246.2? We want nice round numbers... makes life so much more simple!! I'm over here cheering you onward and DOWNWARD to a new low for your B'day!!
Quote:
By the way, NICE TRUCK!
And yeah, my truck is sweet!
Quote:
Today I am down another .4 lbs to 249.2, so my weight loss stuck! I am very proud of myself and doing quite well this month, in spite of the blips and variations I saw the past couple weeks. Like I mentioned above in JUST JO's reply, I would really like to see a 10lb loss this month. I haven't seen a really good month in a while. But even if my weight stalls out now, I will be very happy with what I have done so far. I made my Birthday goal early. I have lost 7 lbs so far this month which is better than last month. And I am now squeezing into my new size 18 jeans! I was able to wear them around the other day! They do take a bunch of squeezing to get into them yet, but in a couple months they will be as comfortable as heck. And that makes me happy. So I have a LOT of things to be thankful for come Thanksgiving Day!!! And any additional lbs lost will be a super bonus!!!!
Weeeehoooo... and talk about the NSV!! Good for you... I betcha it will be a matter of weeks before the jeans fit, not months... the power of positive thinking with action!!
Quote:
I really hope everyone else has a great week, and even if those lbs are being stubborn, they WILL decide to come off eventually. Being patient and waiting day after day gets frustrating because the process is SO SLOW. But, hey, progress IS being seen when you look back at the past year. We all know it takes a lot of effort and strength to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF. It does not fall off on its own. We have to work for it. But we are all so strong and dedicated! And just think - a year from now EVERY ONE OF US will be at goal and working to maintain our new skinny bodies - just like JUST JO and MTHRGOOS (where are you!!!!!!!!!!)
Just keep fighting the good fight, eat 100% clean and everyone will see their personal weight goal!!
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 06:46
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelaneyLC
Morning Warriors!

JoAs for the journal posts...I hate to see you get your feelings hurt, yikes you've worked so hard to get to where you want to be! As a fan club member I adore you, think you have a handle on your WOE...know you see your doctor often, but I guess peeps have opinions out of concern for you, which isn't a bad thing really. I do think they mean well.
I agree... so I am over it now!
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 06:51
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Seattle HUGE Congrats on your Third-a-versary! That is so cool, the longer you do this WOE, the easier it gets and pretty soon, you won't look at food exactly the same way! Congrats again!!
Quote:
I'm sorry people were criticizing you. Even if they meant well. That's the hard part about forums. We need you so badly to keep us on track and you do it so kindly without offending anyone. This IS a '72 HARD CORE ATKINS INDUCTION group.

I hope you know how important you are to us

PS: And your truck is really, really pretty!!
Thanks, Seattle, for all your support and love!! But that's part of the forum world too, they may be critical but they made me stop and seriously think about my WOE. So it's not that bad, not that I am going to change anything at the moment... But it did give me "food" for thought...

I don't know if I keep everyone on track... but I hope I'm supportive, encouraging and unoffending because I want everyone to get where I am... it's mind blowing.. life and soul changing!!

Jo

Last edited by Just Jo : Thu, Nov-20-14 at 06:55. Reason: Need to add more stuff...
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 06:57
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by PauletteB1
JUST JO - I just realized you were speaking of your journal, not this thread. SIGH. Don't feel bad. I don't think people realize that you are just a little person and your weight is now in the normal range. It is hard to let go of the image of yourself as you were a year ago. But that will pass in time. You have the skills and knowledge now to keep your weight at a normal level. I can understand the fear of returning to "fat Jo" because that same fear is in the back of my mind constantly now. And I am only 1/2 way to goal. For you it must be a looming fear, and something you have to battle daily. You have been there a couple times and you know your weaknesses. I sincerely admire the way you battled your demons and WON. And I fully understand your desire to NEVER want to go back there again. You just keep doing what you are doing because only YOU know what you need to do to avoid "fat JO" and keep her from returning to haunt you!
Oh lordy, girlie... what can I say after all this? Wow you do understand me, that's for sure!! **hugs** my friend!!

Jo

Last edited by Just Jo : Thu, Nov-20-14 at 07:03.
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 07:02
A'72 Lifer Hard Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean
Wow, you're a guitar playin', pick up drivin' woman!! Girl after my own heart! Nice truck!! I also prefer the "extended cab" to the "crew."
We are so sympatico it's scary!! We both seem to love the same things except I can't play guitar. Tried the bass when I was younger but that was it! You're awesome!
that's why we get along so well, Bonny! You and I are very much alike!

I started playing bass guitar around 7 yo. My twin bro (lead guitar and vocalist) and big bro (drummer) and I played all over Europe (on military bases, NCO clubs, Officer clubs, American Youth centers and civilian venues) in our rock band from age 9 to 17 when dad retired from the military and moved us all to the states. We played around Orlando for 2 yrs until I got married and broke the band up. Worse mistake I ever made, yes both breaking up the band and getting married!!
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 07:15

Plan: HFLC
Stats: 197/168/157 Female 5 ft 1 inch
BF:
Progress: 73%

Seattle congratulations on your anniversary and your great loss. Good job!
I also started mid August and I have lost 24 pounds. I am thrilled, as I never dreamed it could happen. I am also very glad that I found this site. It has helped me so much.

I learned yesterday that my daughter in law's father and step mother are not coming for thanksgiving. It will be my immediate family and that is perfect. No pressure.
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 08:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins 72 Induction
Stats: 305.8/243.4/175 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 48%

Quote:
Originally Posted by omablue
I also started mid August and I have lost 24 pounds.

Omablue that is wonderful!! In three months!! Really, really good job!!
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 08:54

Plan: Atkins 1972 Induction
Stats: 228/137/138 Female 5' 4"
BF:What body fat??
Progress: 101%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Jo
Worse mistake I ever made, yes both breaking up the band and getting married!!

ROGER THAT!!
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 09:12

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Good Morning Everyone! This morning I am down another lb to 248.2! So happy to see things rolling again.

OMABLUE, Atkins '72 is like a miracle, isn't it? Your 24 lbs lost will soon be 50, with barely a blink of the eye.

JUST JO, you are right. I must go for a nice even round number. And 245 sounds doable at the moment because it seems I have picked up some momentum in the weight loss lately. And by the way, marrying young and having to give up your life for it sucks. I did the same thing when I was only 19. (but I did not have a budding musical career at the time like you did) What I gave up was my college scholarship. STUPID MISTAKE!!!!!! The whole fiasco set me back by 7 years!

BONNY-JEAN, so HAPPY for you today!!!! Back to your last low and now ready to lose those last couple lbs!!!! I hope you reach your goal weight within days!!!! About the Bearnaise Sauce, it is best to cook it over very low heat and add the yolks ever so slowly while whisking. If you are nuking it, stir it every few seconds. Some nukulators are more powerful. Mine is not, so I let it go longer. But those egg yolks are very touchy! I have seen recipes where they put the melted butter in a blender, and blend it while adding the heated vinegar/wine, then slowly dribble the yolks into it. As long as it is not too hot, the whole thing will form a smooth emulsion.

KIMBER, I also have about 4 Tbl cream every day. It is something I will NOT give up as I love it so. I sure hope you can continue to see your losses with it. But it is a well known fact that many people have a problem with dairy, either cream or cheese! I know not what it is about the dairy that causes that problem. I would like to research it in depth to find out. Now, I personally have not seen any setbacks with my cream, but I do limit cheese to an occasional couple 1oz servings a couple times a week, but only because I WILL over-consume it if I give myself unlimited access. I LOVE cheese and can eat a whole block of it at one sitting. I practice strict portion control with the cheese! Do you find cheese to be hard to limit? Or is it just me?...

OHAMY, I would like to thank you for reminding us to be thankful for the lowly chicken. It is the mainstay of my diet. Delicious, versatile, inexpensive, AND it gives us the HOLY EGG. Yes, the chicken is truly a gift!

KIM, good luck at the dentist today! OUCH!!!! Dental surgery is not something I want to have again for a very long time!!!! For the next few days you will have to live on eggs and coffee. That'll be good for a lb lost!!!!

JAYWOOD - welcome to our party! It is so great to see new peoples join us in our search for the skinny body! If ever there was a forum to keep you motivated and on the path of '72 induction, this is the one.

MTHERGOOS, I miss you and hope you are doing well. You must be a busy, busy bee!!!!!!

Last edited by PauletteB1 : Sat, Dec-06-14 at 06:01.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 11:31

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Quote: from Bonny

I finally got back down to my all time low of 140. Wow, that only took 2 wks to lose 4 lbs! I know how you feel about whooshes not sticking Amy cause mine came quickly, then a gain, then 13 days to lose

Off topic; anyone know a tactful way to find out if someone at work is married or not??? Is there a way or a question to query this WITHOUT raising eyebrows?? Yes, I have a crush.

Yay Yay Bonny really nice to be at an all time low I bet!

When you see the guys ask "how's the wife?" He either says how she is...or I don't have a wife! good luck with that!

#88   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 11:36

Plan: Keto/Carnivore/Fasting
Stats: 190/143/144 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 102%

Ok..quoting is not my strong point!

Can't seem to get it right if its a partial quote. Erg...
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 12:21

Plan: p:e
Stats: 298/149/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Kimber, 4 lbs in 4 days is not bad under any circumstances. Hurray for fat cells admitting defeat...that's why we are warriors!

Bonny-Jean, you did it...you're at your all time low! What a great feeling, eh?
(and how fun to have a crush )

Jo, "... but I hope I'm supportive, encouraging and unoffending..."
Yes, yes, yes you are Jo. Thank you for being here for us.

Omablue, congrats on 24 lb in three months!

Paulette, hurray for your continuing loss! 245 sounds doable for your birthday! So glad you're having a good month. Chicken is my mainstay for sure. Your mainstay might be venison soon.
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Nov-20-14, 12:24

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny-Jean
Paulette: Question dear.......... I made your fabulous Béarnaise sauce the other night and was just wondering why is it it seems to curdle on me?? I only heat for 30 seconds at a time?? My cream was very fresh so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Should I stir every 10-15 seconds??

Also, I'm guessing it's only 1.5-2 carbs from the eggs right??

BONNY-JEAN, sorry, I missed the carbs question. I looked for my recipe and can not find it, so I forget what ingredients I quoted for it! Regular Bearnaise is made with wine, but if my recipe left it out you don't have to worry about THAT. Just the carbs from the eggs. I believe 1 large egg has .6 carbs. It is in the yolk only.
Closed Thread