Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-14, 22:26
Registered Member

Plan: Wheat Belly / Atkins
Stats: 198/187/165 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 33%

Actually, I'll remember that trip - I was away from home for about a week, cooking and eating salads the whole time.... yes, well, I'll have to adjust my numbers - but never mind! lol

Yes - am enjoying wb recipes, everyone liked the cheesecake, too
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-14, 04:27

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Michele,
If you don't read Dr Davis's FB, you should check every few days for inspiration and recipes. Today he posted a link to a thanksgiving stuffing recipe, but Then I looked around this woman's blog and some of her other recipes sound amazing! Check these out. http://fumblingtowardsevolution.com/about/

Also Looking forward to Dr. Davis's special on our public television stations. Usually fundraising is mid-December here but the schedule is not yet posted. Will be interesting how he presents his advice in a one hour show to a SAD eating audience.
  #33   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-14, 18:53
Registered Member

Plan: Wheat Belly / Atkins
Stats: 198/187/165 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 33%

Thanks Janet, I love that website..... and since I'm really enjoy doing a few recipes these days - I will be using!!!
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-14, 05:34

First list of his PBS special broadcast dates. This is only for the next week or so...hope that it was picked up by more stations than just these. http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2014/...ay-coming-area/
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-14, 18:50

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
First list of his PBS special broadcast dates. This is only for the next week or so...hope that it was picked up by more stations than just these. http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2014/...ay-coming-area/
I see it's going to be on WJCT, my local public radio station, Saturday at 3:30 PM. However I don't get television so probably won't be able to watch it anyway.

Maybe they will stream it over the internet somewhere, sometime.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-14, 05:58

Unlikely for a long time. These productions are to generate pledge revenue, and will continue to only be shown through each pledge drive until it stops bringing in $. You can always buy it...they would be happy for your donation!
Note these are only the last days on the November schedules. Our station's "Winterfest" goes through Dec 15, so hoping it makes it here later in the pledge drive.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-14, 05:20

He has added a list for many more stations for showings Dec 1-8, and still not our area of NC http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2014/...-december-2014/
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-14, 12:43

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

It's on my Holiday Wish List!
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-14, 04:46

Dr Davis was live in the Charlotte NC studio last night, but no "meet and greet" as he has a heavy travel schedule, and will be in Boston's studio Weds night. The Triangle area station did not buy it so the PBS markets that have his special during the December pledge drive is hit or miss. We get Joel Furman...again...blech.
  #40   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-14, 21:21

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Luckily we get two PBS stations so I was able to see it from Detroit, but not the closer Spokane station. It was very well done and he had enough time to cover the basics of both books, rather that jumpiing around like an unhinged person as he did on Dr. Oz, Marilyn Dennis (Toronto) and a couple of other shows I saw him on that gave him only ~5-10 minutes and asked inane questions. I recorded it so I could FF through the pledges but watch Davis and the good question sessions with a PBS interviewer who had actually tried the diet with her husband for 2 weeks.
  #41   ^
Old Wed, Dec-10-14, 19:30

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 162.6/159.2/120 Female 61"
BF:
Progress:
Default Wheat Belly Diet

Hello everyone, I am a newbie here. I enjoyed reading all your posts. I bought the book , also the cook books and jumped right in. This is my 5th day and I am down 3.4 lbs. Very pleased..only I read vegetabes are unlimited , but why then does he say eat no more than 14 - 15 carbs at a meal ? I am eating very little but I am satisfied and loosing weight..so I must be doing it right, huh ?
  #42   ^
Old Thu, Dec-11-14, 05:41

welcome and sounds like you are doing fine!
You can do well just by following the Quick and Dirty version of the diet on his website, though you might also want to check our newbie question forum for tips on getting enough salt to start, water, etc..a few tips that make the transition easier.

I don't think he had a carb limit per meal in the original version, but because my copy of his first book is on permanent loan.
I think he added that carb per meal limit in his list of "tweaks" when he wrote about "what if you give up grains but don't lose weight". In other words, don't worry about that yet. Vegetables (excluding corn and potatoes) are unlimited, and if you take out fiber or think in net carbs, you can eat a LOT of non-starchy veggies at each meal and still be under 15 g.

EDIT: Here it is. http://www.wheatbellyblog.com/2012/...-lose-weight-2/
The VERY BOTTOM of the first page of his website has the "BEST of the best" information on his diet. Anyone could read that handful of posts and be successful losing weight. I think his plan is wildly successful because it is so easy to follow. No counting required, unless you choose to tighten up the carbs more.

Last edited by JEY100 : Thu, Dec-11-14 at 05:47.
  #43   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-14, 10:53

Plan: Wheat Belly
Stats: 162.6/159.2/120 Female 61"
BF:
Progress:

Hey, I have a question. I lost five pounds in the first week and a half, but since then I have been hovering at the same weight. I have not found that burst of energy I keep hearing about. I am keeping my carbs less than 14 to 15 each meal and even snacks. What do I do to restart the weight loss ? Help me if you can , thanks ! 3dogs
  #44   ^
Old Sat, Dec-20-14, 17:55
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%

Hi and welcome.

I see you don't have all that much weight to lose. I'd guess that eliminating wheat alone isn't going to have the same effect as going low carb, which is what most of us here have done. 14-15 g carb per meal and snack? I'd recommend more like 14-15 g carb per day.

Another thing I'd recommend is eliminating snacking. Snacking is a bad habit for people who are still on the blood sugar roller coaster of highs and lows. If you're hungry, eat a meal. A good LC meal should leave you satisfied for quite some time. If you're not hungry enough for a meal... it's cravings.

Good luck.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, Dec-21-14, 05:19

3dogs,
You only started on the 6th, five pounds in 2 weeks is good. After the initial water weight loss, the slow down is typical. Read this http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthre...345#post8943345. from "Best of" forum on why the scale can lie. When you don't have much to lose, also be sure to measure or check the fit of your clothes.
Again, refer back to Dr Davis's article at the very bottom of his website, what if you lose the Wheat and not the Weight? He wrote about a dozen reasons/ideas to try, many of them take longer than 2 weeks to see results. Thyroid? Etc.
#2 are you eating enough fat?? One reason you may not have had energy
Along with getting enough water and extra salt, after all the low fat advice for years, you may not be adding enough good fats to your meals.
Also consider the other benefits of eating grain-free, lack of cravings?, improvements in skin? less puffy face?

Last edited by JEY100 : Sun, Dec-21-14 at 05:29.