Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 09:41

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 288/224.8/180 Female 66 in
BF:
Progress: 59%

Virus fought and conquered. Season allergies raised their evil head, so I still have to take meds. Say hello to the stall!

Oh well, my body is shifting again, and there is the tiniest hint of a waist starting to show. Staying the course isn't so hard when you can actually see progress.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 10:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/271/185 Female 5'5"
BF:blimpoma
Progress: 0%

*Raising my hand* Can I join the cool kids? I am starting for the 394956th time and am on day 21!! Broke my scale so haven't weighed for a while... buying a new one today. But we all know how that works out, it is either heavier than the old one or lighter (that never happens to me) so you have that "Wondering" but oh well, buy a new one and move on either way. I have been on a stuffing spree for the past few days since we got home from camping. I made stuffed bacon wrapped jalapenos from my garden last night with a stuffed roast with mushrooms green onions and cream cheese mixture yumm... need to stay more basic this week. anyway look forward to getting to know you all!!!
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-20-14, 10:28

BF:

Hi Friday! I am tempted to make bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos and you have pushed me to put them on my grocery list. Bacon is always on the list right?!?

Our pig is being processed this week, so two weeks from now I'll have a fresh batch of smoked bacon... and ham... and pork chops... and fresh sausage... oh boy!
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Oct-23-14, 10:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/271/185 Female 5'5"
BF:blimpoma
Progress: 0%

LEELANAU I Would KILL for a Whole pig!!! or cow! I made chocolate covered bacon yesterday YUM.... Used 73% chocolate, used only 1 square, and put it on 4 pieces of bacon, cut in half, froze. IT was awesome I got a new scale it weighs my higher than my old one so now I have to "re loose" before I can post loss...
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Oct-25-14, 21:43

Plan: Atkins 92
Stats: 227/190/127 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 37%

Hi ladies! I was just today wishing I could find a buddy with whom I could share the ups and downs with. I'd love to be part of your group!!! May I?
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Oct-26-14, 09:57

BF:

Welcome Jacki! We'd love another!
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-14, 10:37

BF:

Broke through the two month stall this morning!

Hopefully 255 is behind me now forever. I don't ever want to see that number again!
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-14, 18:07

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi, great to see you broke the stall. I'm certainly a slow loser with 100+ pounds to lose (and that's after already being down over 80 from my highest recorded weight). I've also been sort of stalled for about FIVE YEARS now. Currently trying a more paleo approach. I gave up wheat quite a while ago but this time I'm trying to give up dairy also. I LOVE my dairy so this is really hard, but I do think it was easy for me to OD on dairy.

Also, per paleo, I have not have any sugar or sweeteners of any sort, but adding some starches into my diet. I keep hoping something will work!
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-14, 19:28

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 275/273/135 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 1%

Hey I've restarted so many times I can't even count, I need to lose 120 pounds Atleast. At this point I could lose 100 and be a hell of a lot healthier but I would rather lose 120 but 1 day at a time
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-14, 23:13

BF:

Got a gift this morning at weigh-in... dropped to another low. Excited, but not expecting too much during the month of December. I'll take maintenance until the end of the year and consider it a victory.

Grateful that even after enjoying Thanksgiving, I was able to continue the slow downward slide.
  #26   ^
Old Fri, Feb-27-15, 20:03

BF:

Been stalled for three months, with a short increase when my braces were 'installed', assuming from the inflammation. I'm back down now, and ready to continue some loss.

I have started charting my food intake over the last few weeks, and realized I'm eating only about 1400 cals on average, with 70% fat, 20% protein, and 10% carb.

I never worried about the macros before, as I always just tried to eat LC under 40 gross carbs every day, but the sloooooowwwww losses are frustrating. I have my 25th anniversary in a year and a half, and I'd love to hit goal by then. To do so, I'll need to try something I haven't done in the past.

Anyone else doing anything different than just carb counting? The keto diet is interesting from what I've read, but there is so much to learn. I thought it was just carb counting, and I'm obviously wrong. LOL

Love to hear what you are doing, and what you recommend me checking out in my research. I'm definitely metabolic resistant from PCOS, already Type 2, and been stalled for months, even though I was in ketosis.