Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > LC Research/Media
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 08:43

Plan: atkins
Stats: 210/126/127 Female 5ft 7in
BF:
Progress: 101%
Default piles on three stone for TV

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...e-stone-4088930

Quote:
Aug 22, 2014 11:43 By Danny Walker
"Watching yourself pile on the fat is hard for a woman to do. I'm now the biggest I've ever been," says outspoken Hopkins

Hopkins piles on the pounds
Katie Hopkins has gained three stone for a television documentary.

Rent-a-gob Hopkins has revealed she's been gorging on takeaways, ready meals and sweets while lazing around her house in a bid to prove that people with weight problems bring it on themselves.

She explained: "I'm filming a new documentary and I want to prove that if someone sits on their sofa all day eating rubbish, they will quickly become overweight.

"I also want to show that anyone can get down to a normal size just by eating less and moving more. So far I have eaten 13 ready meals a day. Chocolate bars, fizzy drinks, curries, chips, cream - I've scoffed it all."

The former The Apprentice contestant - who is known for her on-screen rants on shows such as This Morning - admits that while she thinks people are to blame for their own weight gain, she now understands why many overweight people are so unhappy.

Hopkins mouthing off

Speaking in her column for The Sun, Katie said: "For my journey to fat and back I wanted to become like so many women I see. You get married - gain a stone. Have a baby - gain a stone. Have another baby - maybe gain a stone more...

"But I have learned it is not easy being unhappy with your body. Watching yourself pile on the fat is hard for a woman to do. I'm now the biggest I've ever been.

"I am ashamed to be this big - the way nothing ever fits, the way you feel when people stare.

"Now I understand when women say they have nothing to wear - they really mean they don't feel good in anything."

* Katie Hopkins Journey to Fat and Back' will air on TLC in January
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 08:52

Plan: Zero
Stats: 95/95/95 Female 50
BF:0
Progress: 36%

What a myopic, delusional little moron she is.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 08:56

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereen
What a myopic, delusional little moron she is.

yep!!!

Jo xxx
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 09:29
NEVER GIVING UP!

Plan: no sugar/grains LCHF IF
Stats: 478/354/200 Female 5' 9"
BF:excessive!!
Progress: 45%

I hate that woman so much. There are not sufficient words to describe how much I loathe her. I disagree vehemently with every horrid opinion she spits out on TV.

She is an ex reality TV contestant who makes a living writing and spouting what often seems like the worst things she can think of to get a reaction from people.
  #5   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 10:05

leemack: Clearly, there must be people who know and even like her if she continues to get acting or entertainment opportunities. That said, she seems to be just an opportunistic witch, but she's no one. I wouldn't be able to pick her out of a crowd, and am pretty sure I've never laid eyes on her sorry puss. With any luck, she'll be relegated to the "archive" annals in the Trashbin of History, or nothing sterilizes like fire.
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 10:15

BF:

I think she's one of those people who is so annoying that its made her a teeny weeny bit famous...ish!!! The sort of person everyone loves to hate. I couldnt give a rats a*** whether she's put on weight for a tv program or not. But its interesting to hear her views - nasty views lol!!!!

Jo xxx
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 11:58

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

This isn't about Ms. Hopkins, the prat, (whom I've never heard of btw) but it is about a similar issue.

I was having a conversation yesterday with a friend mom of mine about the newest Scooby Doo animated movie. The curse on each of the Mystery Inc crew is to lose something they love. Fred lost his van, Scoob and Shaggy their appetite. And Daphne? She gets disgustingly fat! She is turned into a size 8. Gasp! Yes, you heard it. A size 8. Fat and ugly size 8. Seriously! A 27 inch waist is blubbery fatness? Nothing like fat-shaming children! I was LIVID. That is going to ruin some preteen girl's self-esteem. My kids won't be watching that.

But fat-shaming is the thing. It's acceptable and popular! How wonderful! (Yeah, that was sarcasm.)
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 12:02

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdamess
This isn't about Ms. Hopkins, the prat, (whom I've never heard of btw) but it is about a similar issue...
But fat-shaming is the thing. It's acceptable and popular! How wonderful! (Yeah, that was sarcasm.)

(Quote truncated, not because of objectionable content, but to pull out points I'm speaking to directly.)
It is about Ms. Hopkins, the prat, and those who are just like her that make up the 'culture' that does fat-shaming as a hobby.
As long as people like her are supported, it will not stop and the nonsense is perpetuated.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 12:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdamess
This isn't about Ms. Hopkins, the prat, (whom I've never heard of btw) but it is about a similar issue.

I was having a conversation yesterday with a friend mom of mine about the newest Scooby Doo animated movie. The curse on each of the Mystery Inc crew is to lose something they love. Fred lost his van, Scoob and Shaggy their appetite. And Daphne? She gets disgustingly fat! She is turned into a size 8. Gasp! Yes, you heard it. A size 8. Fat and ugly size 8. Seriously! A 27 inch waist is blubbery fatness? Nothing like fat-shaming children! I was LIVID. That is going to ruin some preteen girl's self-esteem. My kids won't be watching that.

IMO thats a difficult one. On one hand we all want to lose weight and be slim because we look better and feel better, on the other hand we dont want to make anyone feel bad about themselves if they're fat, we tell them its ok and acceptable. Sometimes, its difficult. We had a new employee in my office recently and she's a "big girl". It soon became apparent to her that I was on a "weird diet" and she commented that I didnt need to lose weight. I told her thats because I eat as I do. That I used to be fat and gross. How fat she asked..... thats when it became awkward. I was as fat as she is, but couldnt say that.

Jo xxx
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 13:18

Plan: Optimal Diet
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Just sayin' - discussing this media person is just making the problem worse. If we ignore such media things they will truly go away.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 14:45

Plan: Wheat belly
Stats: 235/220/200 Male 6 feet 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

I really hope she doesn't procreate....
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 15:52

Plan: Keto
Stats: 252/172/165 Female 69.25 inches
BF:
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
Just sayin' - discussing this media person is just making the problem worse. If we ignore such media things they will truly go away.

I don't think a head-in-the sand approach would work here. We say nothing, everyone else supports it. Nothing changes. Only when enough people get angry enough about it and voice that anger will anything change.

There is a difference in being concerned for someone's health and fat-shaming. A huge difference.

A size 8 is not obese. But when normal healthy sized girls are treated like they are whales, THAT is a problem.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 16:40

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
She explained: "I'm filming a new documentary and I want to prove that if someone sits on their sofa all day eating rubbish, they will quickly become overweight.

I'm not sure who contests this idea. Lots of people disagree about just what foods constitute rubbish, but just about everybody agrees that a person's diet can make them fat. And that more of that bad diet will accelerate that process.

Quote:
"I also want to show that anyone can get down to a normal size just by eating less and moving more. So far I have eaten 13 ready meals a day. Chocolate bars, fizzy drinks, curries, chips, cream - I've scoffed it all."

First she'll have to prove that she is a good proxy for "anyone." The most she can do is prove that someone can do this.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Aug-22-14, 16:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
...First she'll have to prove that she is a good proxy for "anyone."...

She would be pressed to prove she's even human, imo. I'm not believing it.
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Sep-19-14, 10:21

BF: