Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-14, 15:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 236/224/180 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

I can finally fit in those darn small desks at my college before I had to get an ADA desk its still slightly uncomfortable but heck i can finally fit ^^
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-14, 15:21

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

I am technically a JB rep, but I haven't been doing the biz because I am not really very sold on their product. I like the ones made of actual nail polish better.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Sep-09-14, 16:02

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
I like the ones made of actual nail polish better.

Interesting! What is it about the nail polish ones that you like more? I have heard so many negatives about them, but the only ones I have tried were from the dollar store - OPI brand.
  #79   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 09:20

You didn't like the Opi ones? I haven't seen those but I would expect them to make good ones. The ends of the JB ones always fray and it seemed that the adhesive messed up the surface of my nails. I'm not sure that's what did it but it was when I started using them. The ones made of polish don't have adhesive. Some of them are cheaper than the JB ones, too. I like the selection of the JB ones slightly better but all of them are too goofy on the whole. I like to have some really subtle ones. I am not good at viewing my nails as separate from my outfit and they too expensive (all of them) to change very much. Oh, and the polish ones are quicker to do. I have mostly used Sally Hansen and most of them are meant to be used with the topcoat that requires a UV light. They get messed up with wear and the JB ones continue to fray, so in short, I just don't wear any of them as I would like to.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 09:36

BF:

Thanks, it's always good to hear how others feel about different nail wraps. The OPI wraps were only enough to do one set of nails, where I can get up to 4 manicures AND two pedicures from a sheet of Jamberry (I have short nails).

Plus, once you opened a OPI package, the wraps dried out quickly, so you could not reuse them later, such as if you wanted to use them as an accent nail. The Jamberry seem to last forever, they never dry out.

The OPI wraps tear very easily, so you could ruin a wrap so easily and with only enough to do one set of nails, you won't get a complete manicure unless you buy more.

The Jamberry wraps are very flexible, and sturdy - in fact I was a nail biter before this, and they are really hard to bite thru! LOL

So it's been 1 year now since I stopped biting my nails, thanks to Jamberry.

I am very allergic, and scent sensitive, and the OPI nail polish smell is too strong for me. I love that the Jamberry have no scent at all, and are latex and gluten-free - which is very important to me.

My nail tips use to fray as well, but I found it it was my application method, and now that I have changed it, my nail tips never fray, and I can wear my wraps for 2 weeks or more, without any noticeable wear. So for me they are very inexpensive! ;-)

Oh, and when I am doing a party, I always bring the OPI wraps for people to try and compare - and no one ever likes them!
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 09:51

BF:

Oh, and it may not have been the adhesive that messed up your nails. I am allergic to most adhesives and the Jamberry wraps never bother me.

But how you remove them does matter, as well as the health of your nails. If your nails are not healthy, you may see marks or peeling of your nails - that seems to be common - especially after improper removal.

People tell me that they had healthy nails, but if they are peeling after removing their wraps, their nails were not as healthy as they thought. I have been thru this myself.

I use vinegar instead of alcohol to clean my nails , and I use olive or coconut oil instead of nail polish remover. Plus I use a dental flosser to remove my wraps, and now my nails look perfect after I remove my wraps.

Since I have been taking lots of vitamins, my nails look so much healthier! Here's my nails after 8 months of wearing my Jams every day.

Sorry, I could go on and on about these wraps, and I never used to even wear nail polish before!
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 10:03

are you a rep? If not, you should be, if only for the discount.
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 10:04

I am still a rep, I think and you could probably sign up under me.
  #84   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 10:09

Plan: Atkins/Gluten-Free
Stats: 167.4/158.6/145 Female 60
BF:
Progress: 39%

Had an NSV yesterday when I pulled a pair of jeans out of the closet to toss on to take the dog to the vet. They were at the bottom of the pile because they were too uncomfortable to wear.

Not yesterday! They even felt a bit loose!

NSV -- having loose jeans at the beginning of jean season!
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 10:11

Thumbs up When you see this, you will know it's just a 'like' and can choose not to open.

It will be my new 'like' button
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 10:27

BF:

Quote:
are you a rep? If not, you should be, if only for the discount.

Yes, definitely a rep! My friend in the US was doing this and when she told me Jamberry was coming to Canada in Sept 2013, I signed up the first day! I get most of my wraps for half-price or even free - I love how generous the company is with their product credits and hostess rewards!

Quote:
I am still a rep, I think and you could probably sign up under me.

To remain a rep, you just need to make $600 in sales in the last 12 months - if you have, then you are still current!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 10:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatt
Yes, definitely a rep! My friend in the US was doing this and when she told me Jamberry was coming to Canada in Sept 2013, I signed up the first day! I get most of my wraps for half-price or even free - I love how generous the company is with their product credits and hostess rewards!

To remain a rep, you just need to make $600 in sales in the last 12 months - if you have, then you are still current!

Oh, no I haven't. I guess this probably should be our last post about this. Something tells me the mods will soon intervene. If you want to, we can continue by PM.
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 12:08

BF:

;-) OK, here's my latest NSV... I wanted to order a promotional tshirt today, for an upcoming conference, and all my XL tshirts are starting to feel sloppy on me.

So what do I order? I hunted thru my closet for a size large, and it fit perfectly! (tossing out several old XL shirts - wow I had a lot, even some XXL!)

So yay! I get to order a size large tshirt!
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 12:38

Thumbs up My like button (no actual message)

See, I told ya!
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Sep-10-14, 18:05

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

We are shrinking LOL