Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Best Of
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 20:32

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

The sizing is different thru this company, but my current bras are 34F, I guess now I need 34E or maybe even 32E?

Plus they are 100% cotton and latex-free, no clips, no fasteners.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Aug-30-14, 22:32

Plan: HFLC/IF
Stats: 218/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:27%
Progress: 54%

Interesting.
I have started wearing some larger cut 14 misses skirts. I don't think I could wear size 14 pants, but skirts are more forgiving. This is a big deal to me because it's the first time I'm starting to see smaller sizes while the scale stays put - so, maybe I'm definitely burning fat now and not muscle or just water.
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-14, 10:44

Plan: Low Carb Primal
Stats: 170/135/135 Female 5ft.6in.
BF:
Progress: 100%

I recently saw a woman walking along the street in a red summer dress and it looked fabulous on her. On a whim, I walked into a department store I was passing by to look for a red dress. There were only a few but I didn't like any of them, not even enough to bother trying them on. Later that evening I was reorganizing a closet and came across a dress I'd bought a year ago and had completely forgotten. I'd never worn it because it was too tight. Yes...it was a red summer dress...and this year it fits perfectly! I wore it to work the next morning and got compliments all day long. Double win: saved the price of a new dress too.
  #64   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-14, 11:26

Plan: Low Carb/High Fat
Stats: 271/262.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 8%

I need a little red dress soon now too! Maybe by spring time? I want one too--sounds SEXY AS HELL!!

Hey--that means I also get to buy new shoes to go with the new red dress, right? DOUBLE-WIN!!

You go, Whofan, You GO!!
  #65   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-14, 12:47

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/125/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 136%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whofan
I recently saw a woman walking along the street in a red summer dress and it looked fabulous on her. On a whim, I walked into a department store I was passing by to look for a red dress. There were only a few but I didn't like any of them, not even enough to bother trying them on. Later that evening I was reorganizing a closet and came across a dress I'd bought a year ago and had completely forgotten. I'd never worn it because it was too tight. Yes...it was a red summer dress...and this year it fits perfectly! I wore it to work the next morning and got compliments all day long. Double win: saved the price of a new dress too.

What an awesome story!

On some level, perhaps your brain was trying to tell you something
  #66   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-14, 13:48

Plan: Atkins 2002ish/LCHF
Stats: 228/166/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 63%

Today I was putting my clothes away after washing. I needed more room in my dresser to put away my "new fat" jeans that I salvaged a month ago because my then "old fat" jeans were too big. I'm saving my "old fat" jeans so when I get to goal I can put a pair on and see how much I lost.

Anywho, I removed my "old fat" jeans from my dresser and replaced them with my now "new fat" jeans and when I did, I discovered a brand new pair of the jeans I can currently wear that are not considered "fat" in any way! Price tag still on it. I took them immediately out of the dresser to wear at least for a little while, before it will be considered my "new fat" jeans. Yahoo!!

Funny thing too is these jeans that I can now wear I can put on without even laying on the bed to get my fat stomach inside. That is what I had to do the last time I wore them. I don't have any jeans lower in size then these, so when I lose more weight I will have to purchase smaller size jeans..Another Yahoo!!
  #67   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-14, 20:43

I swear I need a like button. haha
  #68   ^
Old Sun, Aug-31-14, 22:46

Plan: hflc
Stats: 166/157/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 22%

LIKE! button!!!
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-14, 18:43

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Compliments came from students I taught last spring and fall about how much weight I have lost over the summer
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Sep-05-14, 20:23

When I lost in '99, I did it over the summer and I so looked forward to the reactions of the school staff, but I heard nary a word. I was so disappointed. I'm happy you got some recognition.
  #71   ^
Old Sat, Sep-06-14, 22:31

There was no edit button so I have to add this in its own frame. Tomorrow, I am wearing a favorite dress from my last brief size 14 phase and I have just finished painting my own toenails. If you've ever been much over weight, you know what that means.
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-14, 09:18

Plan: Keto, gluten/nut-free
Stats: 245.8/179/149 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
I have just finished painting my own toenails. If you've ever been much over weight, you know what that means.

I know just what you mean - I have been wanting to put Jamberry nail wraps on my toes, ever since I started wearing these wraps on my fingernails a year ago. But reaching my toes is still a bit of a struggle. But one day I will have beautiful toes to match my fingers!

#73   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-14, 11:07

Plan: Atkins 2002ish/LCHF
Stats: 228/166/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 63%

Quote:
Originally Posted by CallmeAnn
There was no edit button so I have to add this in its own frame. Tomorrow, I am wearing a favorite dress from my last brief size 14 phase and I have just finished painting my own toenails. If you've ever been much over weight, you know what that means.

Victory! Also, just the act of clipping your toenails without contorting yourself in positions not meant for humans to do.
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-14, 15:15

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Beautiful nails

A woman at church asked what I was doing since every time she saw me I was melting LOL.
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-14, 22:23

Plan: Keto
Stats: 330/330/150 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

Compliments compliments compliments. Had a woman at work call me over yesterday with this stern look on her face, I was worried I had done soemthign wrong! She just said, "As you walked over here I was just noticing how much you had lost, good for you." It is wonderful to have people notice, especially when at your high weight everyone was telling you that you were not overweight. Maybe they could not see it but I sure can. I may be tall...but even at 5'9" I can only hide so much weight from myself.

Secondly, confidence. As my weight drops and I am fitting into smaller clothes my confidence is skyrocketing. I am moving more confidently and looking in the mirror the other day I could not help but think I actually looked cute for once. Mind you I did acknowledge I could really have done with doing my hair and a little makeup would not be unwarranted but noticing my actual body I was not disgusted with myself. Cute clothes help though