Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-14, 15:58

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

I had one "baddy" today which is 9 carbs. I celebrated my gain at WW with a smaller treat than usual, har har!!
I went to the pool today and did a little bit of the tail end of an aerobics class and then I swam what I wanted. 'Twas fun.
After WW, which meets at a church, I went to the church library to see if they have any books in the series that I'm currently reading but they didn't. That might be a good place to donate some of my used books as I have several books by Lorraine Snelling about North Dakota and there were only a few that. It's bad when you live in an RV and have almost more books than the church library!! Could free up some storage space and if I want to read them again the books will be there to check out. hmmm interesting idea.
We got a refund of over payment of a bill today. I want to spend it on dinner out...I know it needs to go to bills but I'm spoiled...myrt
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-07-14, 17:30

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

Myrt, do you live in the RV year round? How big is it? I am a reader too. I recently got into Christian novels, but I also like non-fiction, biography's and murder mystery's that aren't too graphic. Unfortunately, I only find the time to read before bed, and I usually only get 2-3 chapters in before I fall asleep. Takes kind of a long time to read then.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-14, 10:36

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Hi to everyone, Well not much happening this week to report on. Tomorrow is another blasted picnic. I'm getting a little tired of picnics. I will be bringing my own food, and filling up before hand. I think my better half is trying to sabotage me and (It won't work.) I haven't had breakfast yet, can't decide what to fix. I have to start expanding my menu options because I am getting in a rut. LOL I am also an avid reader. I love murder mysteries and who dunnits. I get my books from the thrift store because even though they are not new, they are to me if i haven't read them before. I did my power walk up the hill this morning. it's getting easier. Hope everyone has a great day.

Judy
  #34   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-14, 15:00

Yea Judy on the hill power walking. Tired of picnics? Do you mean there hardly isn't anything for you to eat on plan and that is why you need to keep taking your own food?

I know eating out now isn't what it used to be. I seem to default to salads which isn't too exciting since I make them at home anyways. Therefore, I hardly suggest that we go out to eat.
  #35   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-14, 16:10

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

I have a dilemma I am dealing with right now. I have a friend.We have know each other over 10 years and got along really well. She 13 years younger the me. She is in the process of doing a personal trainer certification in Pilate's. 4 weeks ago she asked me if I would be her students and I agreed. The studio where she trains has a very young, hip, skinny thirtysome clientele. I stick out like a sore thumb. Her other students are all young and have done Pilate's for several years.
Today she sent me a text telling me " I should seek out an other trainer who is more specialized in obese older women because she does not want to waste her time to pamper and doing adult care." I was very hurt by those insensitive remark and sent her a text back that we should stop the sessions and that I don't fit in anyway. The next text from her said that I should find a therapist to help me with my self-esteem issues. I did not respond but I am thinking about cutting all contact with her. With friends like this who needs enemies.
I would like some input about this.What would you do?

Last edited by eljohnw : Fri, Aug-08-14 at 20:29.
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Aug-08-14, 19:44

Sending texts back and forth may alter the true meaning of the message. Try talking to her and tell her your feelings. It may be that you do end your relationship with her but at least you communicated on a better level.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-14, 08:41

BF:

Well we seem to be having more then our share of picnics. And of course you have your share of high carb food. It wouldn't be so bad if people would leave me alone about it, but you have your evangelist that have to get in your business and tell you how you are killing yourself. I don't understand why they are so interested in what someone else puts on their plate. Well that is my complaint for the day. I think I will bring a low carb dessert, of course I won't tell anyone it is low carb and see how many people try it. I agree with Vicki. It would be better to have a talk with your friend. It seems she is being mean and insensitive, if that is so then maybe you will have to re evaluate your relationship with her. You won't know for sure unless you have a heart to heart with her.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-14, 10:04

Thanks guys, I think I will wait several day to talk to her. Now I am still to hurt and angry and I am afraid I will say something that I will regret later.
About people telling you that you are killing yourself with all that fat. One of another friend husband told me the same thing while eating boxed mac and cheese. He weights 300+ lbs, is sedentary and proclaims to everyone who listens that a HF diet is toxic. I gave him tons of references but he keeps arguing that all that is BS. I have decided to let him die stupid.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, Aug-09-14, 12:40

Ellen, WTG with waiting while the feelings level out. That way when you do talk to her, you can say how you felt without the pent up emotions that go along with that.

We are having some friends over for supper, they are the couple that stood up for us at our wedding, and here is what I am serving: Paleo Jalapeno Chicken Burgers (Pinterest), Sunshine Broccoli Salad (LC) Dana Carpenders Low Carb Cookbook, and Better Than Mashed Potatoes (Wheat Belly cookbook). I did all of the prep work this morning and it took me around 2-3 hours LOL. I still need to run to the store to get a couple of more ingredients for the burgers. She is bringing a dessert and I suspect it will be something I can't eat LOL. oh well.

Afterwards we are going to watch God's Not Dead.

Have a good one everyone.
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-14, 09:20

BF:

It sounds like you are going to have a delicious dinner. I hope you had a wonderful time. The picnic wasn't bad. Nobody said a word to me about what I had on my plate. My lc dessert was a hit. So I guess I freaked for no good reason. It's supposed to be hot today. I don't do well with the heat, wish me luck
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-14, 17:51

Today I went to my gyne for annual appt. and of course they have to weigh you. I was 225.4 yipee. It would be interesting to see how that would compare to the scale here but I didn't have time to check.

Dinner was ok, she brought blueberry preserves with tons of sugar on top of SF ice cream. I had a tsp of the preserves and about a TBS of ice cream. She also brought blueberry cobbler.
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Aug-11-14, 19:14

We are invited for dinner on Wednesday. I told my friend that I do LCHF when she invited me. We will have a low country boil ( different seafood in a big pot with corn on the cob cook in a broth). It is delicious and perfect for my diet. I will bring a low carb cheesecake and blueberries sauce. It will be a very good evening and I don't have to worry about my diet.
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Aug-13-14, 17:03

Sounds like you have a plan Ellen. The country boil sounds good too.
  #44   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-14, 19:59

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

eljohn---what your friend said was so hateful that I wouldn't want her in my life. At least that's what I'd do. I would join another gym or spa where all sizes and ages are present and I'm welcome. OR where it's all middle age and up...whatever you're comfortable with. They should have been glad you were at that Pilates place and not face first in the fridge at home feeling sorry for yourself....like you were trying your best, right?
I went to the pool today and exercised gently for 30 mins and got out. Tomorrow I'm getting a massage and Saturday is my birthday. Yippeee!!! myrt
  #45   ^
Old Thu, Aug-14-14, 23:28

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Hello dear friends,
Enjoyed the trip to Lake Keowee.
Fished, swam, went for boat ride, took out the jet skies and enjoyed being with family.
Have a lovely sunburn, cheaper than a face peel.
I ate fish, fish, and more fish.
Sounds like everyone is doing a great job.
N2L