Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 06:54

Plan: , LCHF
Stats: 259.6/222.4/130 Female 62 inches
BF:67.2/60.2/normal
Progress: 29%

My take of Dana' s fatbombs.
1/4 cup of butter melted
1/4 cup of coconut oil melted
1/4 cup of almond butter or peanut butter
1 tbs unsweetened cocoa
40 drops of stevia or equivalent of artificial sweeteners
Mix all ingredients until smooth, pour into mini cupcake paper ( I buy mine at Walmart) put in the freezer for 20 minutes. Enjoy. It comes out to about 10 fat bombs. Need to be stored in the freezer at all time. Melts in you hands as well as in you mouth.
One out of ten pieces has 130 Calories , 2 Carbs, 1 Fiber, 1 net carb, 1 Protein, 14 g fat
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 08:56

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

May I join you? I was a young 50-something when I joined this board 13 years ago, have started and restarted, lost and regained, and intend to work hard to get good LC habits this August before school starts again in the fall. (Summer session just ended, so I have three weeks free. I always try to restart when I have some free time. I hope it works this time!)

I live in the Washington, DC area, single, no children, no pets. I have no excuses!
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 10:59

Plan: Keto
Stats: 190/155/145 Female 5ft 3.5 in
BF:
Progress: 78%

Welcome eljohnw and alto we always love new people. Thankyou for contributing the recipe for the fat bomb eljohn it sounds delicious. Don't get discouraged about your weightloss attempts alto. We've all been there. I have been on and off this lowcarb since 2000. So I for one am not in a position to criticize anyone else. All any of us can do is our best. I hope you have success in your weightloss goals.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 13:06

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 260.4/201/180 Female 5'6"
BF:fluffy
Progress: 74%

eljohnw, thanks for the recipe. It sounds like something that would cure the sweet tooth.

Welcome alto. I lost 65 lbs doing LC in 2008 and like any other time I lost weight, it eventually came back plus some. So, here I am again. Except, I am here illegally LOL. I am 54 but they welcomed me with open arms.
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 18:09

Thanks for welcome me. I am 66 years old and have been overweight for the last 22 years. I tried every diet I can think of ,but stress and a sweet tooth made me gain it back again and again. I retired from a stressful nursing job a few month ago. I have decided that loosing the weight will be my new project. So here I am. I don't care how long it will take because now I have all the time in the world. I will need all the support I can get. Thanks again Ellen
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 18:14

Now we know your name Ellen I am a nurse also. I have been teaching Fundamentals and a skills course for 12 years now at a community college. But, this semester I am going to teach OB and PEDS. I was a labor and delivery nurse and had also worked in a high risk pregnancy unit in my staff nursing days. It is nice to get back to my "roots" and specialty.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Aug-03-14, 18:35

Vicki, I was a midwife in Europe for 25 years. When I came to the US my diploma was not recognized. So I did nursing school over. My first job as an L&D nurse i got paid as a new grad but was expected to show my 25 years experience, I did not stay long at that place. After that I work at nice place Weekends and nights. I am glad I am retired now. The stress was getting to me
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 08:09

BF:

Well my job wasn't quite as specialized. I am a retired Home Health Care Provider. The job was getting to me after nearly 30 years. I do have the satisfaction that I prolonged the advent of people going to a Nursing Home. They thrive better in their own environment. But like your job, it was getting too stressful with all the new laws in place and everything a person has to remember. What was ok a few years ago is no longer allowed. But it is a much needed service. We all need support for our weightloss, I have been battling the same 45 pounds for the last 16 years.

Judy
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 17:13

ellen and Judy, so nice to have other fellow nurses. It is too bad that your experience and license didn't work here in the states Ellen.

You are both right, it is a rewarding career and very tiring physically. Previously, as an instructor, I took students to a 25 bed surgical floor and I ran my rear end off. The OB unit will be smaller so it will be interesting to see how many steps I get in a day. I didn't have the fitbit before when I was on the Med Surg floor, so I won't have anything to compare it to.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 18:14

I can't even imagine supervising 25 students on a med- surg floor. I don't think I could work anywhere else then L& D. I always said that I am a bad nurse because I don't like sick people. OB is the only unit I enjoyed. Where else can you tell someone that the pain is normal because they are having a baby.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Aug-04-14, 19:40

Plan: Concentrate on Protein
Stats: 186.5/136.6/136.0 Female 62"
BF:
Progress: 99%

Oh you guys---I admire anyone that can be a nurse. I'm the oldest on this thread as far as I know and I'll soon be 74 (Aug. 16th). I sure feel better after the parathyroid surgery on June 3rd. The worst part about the whole thing was the hospital bed. I have a lot less pain than I used to. It seems like the last 2 months before the surgery were getting unbearable for me and my husband...one of the symptoms is being bitchy!!!
Went to the pool today and just took it easy going back and forth for 1/2 hour. Twas fun.
We're hoping to take a short trip in the RV soon. W (husband) is working on getting all the systems serviced and I need to make lining for the curtains I made last year. The cotton was too thin and didn't keep enough light out and a person could see through them if they tried and we have venetian blinds, also.
How are you doing, N2L? I've been missing you among others. love and hugs, myrt
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-14, 15:37

Myrt, so glad you had a positive experience in the hospital. Have fun RVing. I don't have the self confidence to get into a swim suit yet.

Ellen, thankfully, 24 students aren't on the floor at the same time LOL We have a ration of 8 students to one faculty. 8 is bad enough!

I WENT SHOPPING TODAY . . . in my spare closet. You know, the boxes that have smaller clothes. I got rid of the 2X and 22W and am now in XL and 18 W. I feel like I have a whole new wardrobe.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-14, 18:19

Vicki I do the same thing, I have a least 5 sizes in our spare bedroom's closet. The only thing I do different this time is that the bigger clothes are going to the thrift store right away.
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-14, 18:27

ellen, I am debating. I am hoping never to see that size again. But, I said that before and had to rebuy clothes as I got bigger. Oh well. My mother is going to try some of the tops I am getting rid off because she is large chested. She wouldn't be able to wear the pants though.
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Aug-05-14, 22:36

BF:

I am always so paranoid about getting rid of my bigger sizes. I have had to buy new big clothes so many times. I think I will store them in the other closet. Congratulations Vicki on getting to a smaller size. Hopefully your Mom will be able to wear some of those tops. I'm glad your surgeries went well Myrt, hope you get to feeling even better. Swimming is a good exercise.

Judy