Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1996   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 05:13

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
That's exactly what i'm going to do Patricia.
Then there's no excuse for me if its there already made.

Forget to mention that Cheesecake was actually what i got for dessert
when i went out for the dinner! -
It was a lemon one and had some kind of
coolie (I know i'm spelling this wrong! ) stripes of mango and strawberry puree over it. It had a small scoop of ice-cream on the side and a single strawberry in a dab of cream.
Very fancy!

Do you still keep your blog?

I'm always getting co-incidences on here; its a bit extraordinary!

I am only rarely posting there, but will be cranking it back up. It is easy to make your own fruit (not sure what exactly is the difference between a compote and a coulis - suspect the coulis is simply concentrated liquid) compote. I have a couple I made up - one with strawberries and rhubarb, cinnamon, think some vanilla, NO sugar. Just a spoonful is a concentrated punch of flavor
I was so pleased my in-laws loved my citrus twist mini cheesecakes...love that I had the nutritional breakdown for them (as I mentioned fil is on low sodium, mil is diabetic so avoids a lot of sugar. I wish I could discuss diet with her for diabetic's but she is way NOT interested. sigh.)
Sponsored Links
  #1997   ^
Old Wed, Oct-25-17, 12:10
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
have a meeting tonight with a speaker at 6pm, so I'm not sure if we are having anything to eat. My plan is to have a sparking water or club soda, and see if there is any CM food and go our for a quick bite after. I had a bigger than usual CM lunch to help me wait until after the meeting to eat. I had leftover steak and zucchini.

Tomorrow I'm going to be having my RM at lunch- a friend is having a bunch of us to lunch and I know it will be carb heavy. I'll just have my RM then, and have a CM dinner. DH understands.

later-
E
  #1998   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-17, 04:19

Finally, out of the 270s again. Now to see progress in the upcoming weeks.

Keep getting interesting and unexpected results from one site that I had test my dna, they also do health testing. Newest - I have 1 variant for developing Celiac disease. I have so far, been told 4 results that I would never have expected. I suspect that routine dna testing at birth will become common before I leave this world
  #1999   ^
Old Thu, Oct-26-17, 18:29
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
so the plan went as follows. For RM lunch I had salad, zucchini, a slice of bread, eggplant parm, 2 lemon cookies, water. I skipped the pasta.

CM dinner was grilled chicken, roasted veggies, salad and water. DH added on hummus, crackers, and ice cream.

I really prefer having my RM for dinner, but once or twice a year (LOL) I can switch.

later-
E
  #2000   ^
Old Fri, Oct-27-17, 04:06

Lowest single day weight this morning since 9/01. I am glad I haven't given up. I have NO doubt I'd be in the 280s or higher by now if I had.

<gently shakes head>.
  #2001   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 08:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-
after having restaurant meals the last 3 nights, I'm ready to eat home!
Tonight's planned RM: salad, grilled T-bone steak, pasta (for DH) and veggies (probably spinach ). I don't have a plan for my carb.

Had a great breakfast- got some wild caught salmon dip at Costco and put a dollop in my eggs this am. Really good.

Having a salad with leftover grilled chicken for CM lunch. DH will make his chicken into a sandwich.

later-
E
  #2002   ^
Old Mon, Oct-30-17, 10:09

Not where I wanted to be this am, but at least I can say 5 days in a row in the 260s, and that, does feel good.

Had breakfast casserole for am meal, homemade chicken stew using homemade turkey and chicken broth, celery and cauliflower, chicken thighs, a leftover portion, for lunch. Not sure but dinner will probably be a salad, baked chicken breast, green beans, single serve oatmeal with raw almonds, half and half with my coffee and oatmeal.
  #2003   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-17, 06:09
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

good morning!
Beautiful fall day!!

Planned RM: Salad, mashed cauliflower, smoked beef sausage on a roll, water. DH will add on pasta and probably ice cream.

Tomorrow we are going to an event at the library - which will include dinner.

Friday I'm going to make a cabbage and chuck roast stew with stewed tomatoes and lots of spices.

later-
E
  #2004   ^
Old Wed, Nov-01-17, 06:35

Had my labs done yesterday, I continue with the kind of total cholesterol that makes them scream, and a high ldl, and a fantastic hdl, low trigs and cardiac risk ratios that are "ideal". At least I now know I have a genetic component which explains the stubborn total cholesterol and ldl. Still need to deal with a high ldl-p, will discuss that with new cardiologist soon.

So...had to be fasting - not a problem, was done by 4:30 on Monday, and didn't eat until after 8 am blood draw. The lifeless looking egg/cheese omelets in the hospital eatery I went to (a coffee place with breakfast/lunch bar) weren't appealing, but I found mozzarella snack sticks were available, and had a double espresso with half and half added, two cheese sticks.

DH took me out to Panera's for lunch - made that my rm - had their steak and arugula sandwich and a very small apple, a latte.

Dinner cm was home cured cm ham and Brussel sprouts.
Later in eve as the ungiven out mini candy bars called, I had a snack of Brussel sprouts and a snack round of cheese.

Up 1.6 pounds this morning. My body isn't fooling around anymore. It is toe the line or go back up over 300, I am convinced.
I feel good though re *what* I ate yesterday, and consider not giving in to the nasty voice that said "you won't have blood work for a year, won't see this doctor for six months, go ahead have..and it's a long list.".
I won.
The weight will be lower again tomorrow morning.
  #2005   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-17, 11:17

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Patricia, i heard recently that cheese does not cause cholesterol issues like they once previously feared.
I suppose information is changing on a daily basis though so one can ever be too certain.

I heard Omega 3's, eggplant soaked in water and to then drink the water,
and sunflower seeds and oats are reported to improve cholesterol levels.
Like you said though; very often hereditary plays a big part too.

Overdone the candy and caffeine here. The usual problems with me.
Trying to be patient with myself today though.
The only way is up from here.
  #2006   ^
Old Thu, Nov-02-17, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryh
Patricia, i heard recently that cheese does not cause cholesterol issues like they once previously feared.
I suppose information is changing on a daily basis though so one can ever be too certain.

I heard Omega 3's, eggplant soaked in water and to then drink the water,
and sunflower seeds and oats are reported to improve cholesterol levels.
Like you said though; very often hereditary plays a big part too.

Overdone the candy and caffeine here. The usual problems with me.
Trying to be patient with myself today though.
The only way is up from here.

I intend to have a good discussion with my cardiologist in a few weeks re what I found out via dna test, and my cholesterol levels.
Tell you what...was really struggling today, and suddenly had a visual disturbance (eyes crossed) and then a gnarly headache. Reminded me that I don't want to waste time with getting healthy some other day. We don't know how much time we have, I want to do my best, now, today, this moment.
Not tomorrow.

It's All Souls Day - many to remember.
  #2007   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-17, 06:37
MAINTAINING ON CALP

BF:

hi-

Hope you both have great days, Mary and Pat.

I am doing lots of house things today, so staying home and getting (hopefully) a lot done.

I'm still not interested in eggs for breakfast, so today had 1/2 of a quarter pound grass fed burger. I had it with some sautéed onions and peppers and coffee to drink. I'll probably have the other half with a salad for lunch.

later-
E
  #2008   ^
Old Fri, Nov-03-17, 08:50

Plan: Carb Addicts
Stats: 175/154/135 Female 5 5'
BF:
Progress: 53%

Thanks Eno
Love the idea of that burger meal. Sounds very easy and quick to make.

That's so true Patricia; it really puts things in perspective when you realise
we all only have a finite amount of time to try to make the best out of life.
Hope everything's OK with the migraine.
Sounds like your really looking after your health anyway; especially with that extensive health evaluation.

I don't want to waste any more days feeling awful either and ruining my own health. Its just not worth the trade-off.
Still i never seem to remember the sensible thing to do when i choose to sabotage myself. It makes no sense to me at all.
Think its the nature of the beast... It sometimes just seems out of my control.

Starting off with some IF again, then hopefully staying CAD will be easier.
Think i'll incorporate a few IF days each and every week from now on and hopefully it will improve things overall.

I love that we're all in it together anyway.
  #2009   ^
Old Sat, Nov-04-17, 21:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/128/130 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 105%

interesting thread

".
  #2010   ^
Old Mon, Nov-06-17, 22:46

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hey there

I'm thinking that CAD is where I belong these days.
I have lost around 25 pounds in the last 2 months, using IF, along with the one hour limit per Rachel's story (thanks Eno)!
Hoping to get more technical questions answered from you folks that have followed the CAD plan for years.

When do you stop eating?
Do you have a cut-off everyday?
Do you use any artificial sweetners?
Do you ever do extended IF?

Thanks for your time