Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 21:21

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

I LOVE that feeling of needing new clothes because the old ones are too big. I'm saving up now so that at the end of the summer I can go shopping and get new jeans and stuff for the winter. I'm hoping to be buying a 12 by then, and a 10 by Christmas.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jun-03-02, 22:19

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/198.6/170 Female 67inches
BF:
Progress: 52%

today was my day off, I really just lazed around all day. tuna for late breakfast. some ham and cream cheese roll ups in the afternoon, a chicken breast with some alfredo sauce for dinner. I know I ate something else, but i can't think of what it was. I hope I actually get something done tomorrow, I did go to walmart this morning and bought some lowcarb foodstuff. There are whole aisles i don't go down, cause I know there is NOTHING even remotely low carb down them. I don't like the meat at walmart, so I will be krogering tomorrow.
Every one sounds like they are doing well. I am thinking of digging out a pair of my next smaller size jeans and seeing where we are at. hmmmmm.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 08:59

BF:

well, this is the day I am gonna get off my fat you know what and get some stuff done around the house. It is already ten am, and I have been looking around this sight for probably nearly and hour. great stories out there. When I did low carb about three years ago, I got down to a size 12, shich I have NEVER been in my life. Funny thng tho, when i looked in the mirror, I still saw the fat me.
Thursday is three weeks back on the low carb wagon for me. I am still in size eighteen, although they are gettin looser. By the end of the day my slacks look ddownright goofy .
I think today I am making the broccoli/cauliflower salad. Maybe steaks on the grill. It is so stinking hot and humid out there by late afternoon tho.
I need to eat some breakfast, so I guess I will go rumage around in the kitchen.
Have a great day all
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 09:21

Well its my day off, I slept later than I meant to, but its all good. I'm watching "the other half" and replying to email etc. That Mario Lopez on 'the other half' is seriously hot! But that really has nothing to do with my low carb lifestyle!

Today I'm going to make some breakfast(possibly resorting to eggs for breakfast) and then go for a walk and do some weights. Then I'm going to take a shower and nair my legs so that I can use sunless tanner on them(so that I don't look like I've never been out in the sun!) Then I should start my correspondence course, I've had it for a month and haven't even started it!

Tonight my mom is letting my sister(who is also on low carb) and I make our own dinner so that we can indulge in a few things that we don't get to eat anymore.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 09:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 222/168/135
BF:41/33/20
Progress: 62%
Default Something new

UGH.
I am at work - and I am so hungry for something new....
I brought a taco salad for lunch but am really tired of them.
I think I need chicken. But that will have to wait till tonight.....
Any suggestions???
  #66   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 16:34

BF:
Cool

hey everyone. ok, so i was kind of down yesterday and this morning, I seemed to be soooooo hungry and just felt fatter than ever. Hello? Mid morning I discovered it was my time of the month.....No wonder I was bloated and hungry. ok. that did make me feel better. i then proceeded to put on a pair of size 16 jeans,(as opposed to 18) ok, so they are probably my biggest pair of 16s but it still signifying progress.
I made the broccoli salad. it is chilling in fridge, i know it will be wonderful, if for no other reason than it is something different.
I bought some ribeyes, and I will be deviling eggs.....does it get any better than this??? hahahahaha....ok, surely it does
it is hot and muggy here. i wish it would storm.
  #67   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 18:30

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

Corrie,

I had a salad tonight:
Chicken, grilled, then sliced thin
1/2 of a pineapple ring, cut into small bits
some oriental dressing, watered down until it was 1 carb/Tb
Romaine/Iceberg lettuce.

It would have been good with some other things, but I was low on time. That tiny bit of pineapple is really nice - a bit of sweet for only 4 carbs. I think the total for me, salad, dressing and all was 6.

Hope this helps!

-Catinhat
  #68   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 18:40

I need some help! I'm REALLY tired of veggies! I eat cucumbers and celery a lot, but I am tired of them. I need to go get some more veggies tomorrow, any suggestions? I'm not a fan of spinach(except in a yummy dip you eat with bread, but thats kind of out of the question lol) and I'm on CAD so carrots are out of the question. Maybe I just need new ways to eat the old veggies...in any case, HELP!!!!!!!!
  #69   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 21:11

BF:

I had some broccoli salad and steak on the grill for dinner, I hadn't eaten since bacon around ten this morning. no wonder i was starving. I gotta do a better job of eating more, I don't want my bod to think we are in starvation mode or something
Veggies are a problem with me as well. I do like to sautee yellow squash or zucchini in butter. Green beans with bacon.
steamed broc smothered in butter. celery with cream cheese.
it finally rained here, and really cooled things down.
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 21:28

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

There are some low-carb cookbooks available now, and I have found them really inspiring. Perhaps you could check for one at your local library? There are also some great recipes in the recipe section of this site.

Also, could that spinach dip you mentioned be eaten with pork rinds or cauliflower or something? Just a thought.

I really like vegetables, and I've only been at this for two weeks, so I've been OK so far. I hope you find something that works for you!

-Catinhat
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 21:34

I'm sure I could have that dip with veggies, its so good...now I'm craving it...Its made with mayo, frozen spinach, sour cream and dehydrated vegetable soup, I think...its fantastic.

I'm looking around the veggies section of the recipes, hoping to find something that sounds fantastic.

I like veggies too, I'm just looking for something new I think...we have a calendar from the Dairy Board of Canada and it has recipes for each month and this month's is tortellini and veggies in a primavera sauce, now I know I can't have that, but the veggies look so good....
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 21:50
Registered Member

Plan: 20-30 grams daily
Stats: 262/192/140
BF:
Progress: 57%
Question

what about a recipe for vegtable soup?
  #73   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:21
Registered Member

Default Veggies

Good day all!!
What about some lovely asparagus?? Num. You can even have the sauce on top if you use real cream and butter in it. How about some pumpkin with butter (just get the canned - it is med carb and so good for you), or some squash (spaghetti or summer, both on the low end)?

I had to have a low carb bar for dinner as there was nothing to eat last night - and I did not want to go shopping. I also didn't drink enough water - sometimes it is hard to do when you are chasing a baby.

I also experienced charley horses in the night again and popped some extra potassium with my other vitamins this morning.
  #74   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:40
Registered Member

Default This looks soooo good to me...

Beef Burgers with Feta and Tomato

These are a nice change of pace from the usual cheeseburgers. Serve them with a fresh cucumber salad.

1 pound ground beef (round or chuck)
1 green onion chopped
1/2 cup chopped fresh spinach
1/4 cup chopped tomato
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh dill or 3/4 teaspoon dried
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper

1.Combine ground beef, green onion, spinach, tomato, feta, dill, salt and pepper. Form into 2 patties.
2.Grill or pan-fry over medium-high heat for 6 minutes on each side for medium doneness.
  #75   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 17:02

BF:

broccoli salad for breakfast, lunch was at lonestar, had a lunch steak and some steamed veggies and sauteed mushrooms. dinner i guess i will do a chicken stir fry.. i need to devil some eggs
I had a good day today
talked to my sister and mom last night. they are both low carbing as well my mom was very heavy for as far back as i can remember, and very inactive as well. but in the past year she has gone from i would guess a size 24 to a 14/16, and now also goes to the gym i could not be prouder of her. I don't know what inspired her to start, but start she did, and she is doing great. My sister has gone from a 20/22 to a size 12. Her and my mom are a great asset for each other. I am proud of both of them. They live on the other side of the continent in southern california.
ok, i am gonna go cook