Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-14, 08:06
Everyday Sane Psycho

Plan: Bernstein, Keto IFast
Stats: 385/253/160 Female 67.5
BF:14d bsl 400/122/83
Progress: 59%

Had my first 16 oz today! Blended Starbucks coffee (no coffee maker so I bought some at store), tsp butter (Cabots), tsp coconut oil. I did add a tsp of Heavy cream and stevia (1 pk) and oh my goodness yummy!!! My only issue? The bullet is so loud that I don't think I can use it at 6 am this coming semester - Neighbors.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-14, 10:13

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 230/165/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

HA I took mine into the little pantry we have to whip it up to keep the noise down. My immersible blender is not too loud. and I only need to pulse it a little bit. In fact I only but the butter CO , coffee and HWC in the cup to about 1/3 full then buzz it up then add the rest of the coffee.

Yum yum. It has gotten me through a few times I was in a hurry to get out the door.
  #63   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-14, 10:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 191/191/150 Female 5 3
BF:
Progress: 0%

I'm new to this but what about either heavy cream in my coffee Or Almond milk the no sugar variety?
  #64   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-14, 19:14
Everyday Sane Psycho

Had my first bulletproof coffee today and it raised my blood sugar is that normal? my total carbs were 2.
  #65   ^
Old Tue, Dec-30-14, 19:54

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueline
I'm new to this but what about either heavy cream in my coffee Or Almond milk the no sugar variety?

Either is good. I prefer HWC, doesn't take much for good color and taste.
  #66   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 08:30
Everyday Sane Psycho

Smile

Hi all something new with my bulletproof coffee: using no cream I just do CO and butter and so surprised I didn't miss the cream! My cream froze last night Kerrygold butter is so wonderful in this
  #67   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 09:51

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Since I tried butter, CO and MCT oil (individually or in pairs) in my bulletproof coffee, I haven't bought HWC in months. I love the "coffee and cream" colour and foam that the Bullet creates. In my area they started charging non-refundable deposits on cream as well as milk cartons and occasionally I wasn't able to use up the whole carton before the cream went sour, so I'm glad to be using fats that last a long time in the fridge, freezer or on the shelf - no deposits, no waste, and no overindulgences (HWC sometimes had me craving more, but I don't have this problem with butter, CO or MCT oil).

Lessara, to me the Bullet sounds louder if it is on a harder surface - have you tried placing it on a folded towel or holding it it in your hands? Sometime (not 6am) you may want to try it in several places to see where it is quietest. It only takes ~8 seconds to buzz the coffee & fat.

Last edited by deirdra : Fri, Jan-16-15 at 10:02.
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-15, 15:00
Everyday Sane Psycho

Question

currently I have my bullet on a book but its still loud I'll try the towel idea.
Btw today I had 2 teaspoons of CO and I wonder what happens if you increase your fat %? I've been not eating as much nuts and eating more fats like butter and CO. Also I use heavy cream in some sauces for meats. I feel like I'm detoxing.

Last edited by Lessara : Fri, Jan-16-15 at 19:03.
  #69   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-15, 11:03

Plan: Atkins '72
Stats: 230/165/140 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress: 72%

Will have to try it with out the HWC. It would be nice to not have to buy as much of it. I do use it in sauces but have found sour cream and cream cheese also work in place of HWC when I am out of it.

Some one on another board posted a quick chocolate version of the BPC. I can see this being used for other favors too. I was even thinking it might work in ice cube trays but no not freeze ,just put in refrigerator, as I accidentally had some HWC freeze and it is not pretty in the end.

http://imgur.com/a/YYLwF
  #70   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 10:41

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 135/119/113 Female 60.5 inches
BF:
Progress:
Thumbs up

Been drinking BP coffee for over a year now.

I'm currently on my 2nd immersion blender.

I've found one of those little battery operated whisks work if you are traveling or there's a power outtage (or if the immersion blender breaks....I love having a backup plan!)

I throw fresh brewed coffee in a large glass measuring cup, a big ol dollop of amish butter, a big ol dollop of coconut oil and a square of 85% dark chocolate in the microwave for 40 seconds then use the immersion blender for a bit.

Gets my brain going.
Keeps me satisfied till the afternoon.

I love the flavor of the dark chocolate...and it's a very small amt of carbs and totally worth it to me.

The amish butter is the BEST.
Kerrygold is fine, and yes Starbucks does carry it in little individual packs as I learned on a trip last week.
When I went back to kerrygold from the amish butter I missed the rich and salty flavor....I'm fortunate to have a local grocer carry it!

And I heat my coffee up since the butter is cold & to help melt the chocolate (usually Lindt, sometimes good stuff from Aldi's as well).
And I sip on mine all morning in a travel mug.....stays nice and warm.
  #71   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 17:45

Plan: Atkins 2002ish/LCHF
Stats: 228/166/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 63%

I had BPC for the first time yesterday. OMG! The best! I'll be having this more often!

Side note: I take leftover HWC and put it in ice cube trays and take the frozen cubes to work to have with my morning coffee. At our weekly staff meeting a co-worker asked me once if what I was drinking was BPC. I told her no, its just my frozen HWC cubes. I've never had BPC. (When you freeze the HWC, the solids break down and you see the oil come to the top). Now I can finally say I've had it and tell her how really good it is.
  #72   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 18:22

Plan: Very Low Carb
Stats: 312/235/185 Male 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 61%

I'm doing this with tea -- butter, CO, and a little cream. I don't even blend it. If the tea is hot it will melt with enough stirring.

Last edited by Whited : Mon, Feb-23-15 at 08:03.
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 20:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178.7/168.2/154 Male 167cm
BF:
Progress: 43%

This sounds awesome! As a relatively new LCer I am still a bit hesitant at pouring fats and oils into everything, even though I read and hear over and over again that it's the key to stopping cravings and hunger. I'll definitely be giving this a go tomorrow morning. Like some others have said, my 3 egg omelette seems to leave me hungry at about 10:00. I reckon I could cut down to 2 eggs and make a BP coffee for a mid-morning 'snack' and see what my work colleagues make of it!
  #74   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 22:14

Plan: Nutritional ketosis
Stats: 272/204/175 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

I've been drinking BPC for about a year and I went out and bought MCT oil and tried it in my coffee with no gastric issues at all. Didn't transition from CO or even try it but the MCT was never an issue for me so it doesn't affect everyone negatively. I use 1 tbsp Kerrygold, 1 tbsp MCT and 3 cups of coffee. I occasionally add a raw egg (makes it extra creamy. The egg doesn't cook and you don't taste it. It's just good). I put it in 2 travel mugs and drink it over an hour or two. It's good but it doesn't really keep me full, even with the egg. By lunch I'm hungry. I'll often have a devilled egg or Hb egg to munch on before noon.
For those who care, if you look at Dave Asprey's website he advises butter and MCT, and as much of it as you want (some people use 4 x 4(!) but no dairy ie no HWC. That was never supposed to be part of the recipe. Although it seems that many love it that way so YMMV.
  #75   ^
Old Sun, Feb-22-15, 22:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178.7/168.2/154 Male 167cm
BF:
Progress: 43%

Does increasing your fat intake inhibit weight loss at all? I was thinking that if you have so much fat available in your diet, will your body burn less of your stored fat? If so, how do you determine the balance?