Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 16:15

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Sweet cream pumpkin muffins

Ingredients:
Filling
4 oz. fat-free cream cheese
2 1/2 tbsp. Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1 tbsp. fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/4 tsp. vanilla extract

Muffins
2 cups whole-wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated)
1/3 cup brown sugar (not packed)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking cups, or spray it with nonstick spray.

To make the filling, in a medium bowl, combine cream cheese with Splenda, and stir until smooth. Add egg substitute and vanilla extract, and stir until uniform.

To make the muffins, in a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt.

In medium-large bowl, combine remaining muffin ingredients, and whisk until uniform. Add to the flour mixture, and stir until just mixed and smooth. (Batter will be thick.)

Evenly distribute half of the muffin batter among the cups of the muffin pan, and smooth out the surfaces.

Use a spoon to form an indentation in the surface of each cup of batter, large enough to hold about 2 tsp. filling. Evenly distribute the filling among the indentations.

Evenly distribute remaining batter among the cups, and smooth out the surfaces. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean, 16 - 18 minutes. Enjoy!

MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 muffin (1/12th of recipe)
Calories: 120
Fat: 0.5g
Sodium: 240mg
Carbs: 23.5g
Fiber: 3.5g
Sugars: 5.5g
Protein: 5.5g
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 16:17

French toast

Ingredients:
Half of a sugar-free vanilla pudding snack with 60 calories or less (like the kind by Jell-O)

2 tbsp. sugar-free pancake syrup

3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tsp. light whipped butter or light buttery spread (like Brummel & Brown)
2 slices light bread
2 tbsp. fat-free cream cheese

1 no-calorie sweetener packet (like Splenda or Truvia)
2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip

Directions:
In a medium bowl, thoroughly mix pudding, syrup, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Cover and refrigerate.

In a wide bowl, mix egg substitute, 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract, and 1/4 tsp. cinnamon.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add butter and let it coat the bottom. Meanwhile, coat bread on all sides with egg mixture. Cook bread until golden brown, 1 - 2 minutes per side.

Plate bread, and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 tsp. cinnamon. Spread one slice with half of the pudding mixture, and top with the other bread slice. Spread the top slice with remaining pudding mixture.

In a small microwave-safe bowl, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sweetener, and remaining 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract. Microwave for 15 seconds, or until warm. Drizzle cream cheese mixture over French toast. Squirt with Reddi-wip, and dig in!

MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 stack (entire recipe)
Calories: 267
Fat: 6g
Sodium: 775mg
Carbs: 36g
Fiber: 6g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 20.5g
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 16:19

Shrimp Nachos
Ingredients:
2 tbsp. light plain soymilk
Dash cumin
Dash chili powder, or more to taste
1/4 cup shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1 wedge The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
3 oz. ready-to-eat small/bay shrimp
2 oz. (about 30) baked tortilla chips (like Guiltless Gourmet or Baked! Tostitos Scoops!)
1/4 cup fresh salsa or pico de gallo
1 jalapeño pepper, sliced into rings (see HG Tips!)
1/4 cup fat-free sour cream

Directions:
In a medium pot, combine soymilk, cumin, and chili powder. Add all three cheeses, breaking the cheese wedge into pieces. Bring to medium-low heat. Cook and stir until sauce is hot and uniform, about 5 minutes. Stir in shrimp and cook and stir until hot, about 3 minutes.

Evenly lay chips on a large microwave-safe plate. Microwave for 30 seconds, or until warm.

Give cheese-shrimp mixture a stir, and spoon over chips. Top with salsa or pico de gallo, jalapeño slices, and sour cream. Consume immediately!

MAKES 2 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1/2 of recipe (about 15 nachos)
Calories: 282
Fat: 7g
Sodium: 722mg
Carbs: 30g
Fiber: 2.5g
Sugars: 5g
Protein: 22.5g
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 16:22

Choc cupcakes with cheesecake

Ingredients:
One 8-oz. tub fat-free cream cheese, room temperature 

1/4 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute 
(like Egg Beaters Original)
1/3 cup Splenda No Calorie Sweetener (granulated), or HG Alternative
1 drop vanilla extract
Half of an 18.25-oz. box (about 1 3/4 cups) moist-style devil's food cake mix

3/4 cup club soda 

1/2 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with foil baking liners.

In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, egg substitute, sweetener, and vanilla extract. With an electric mixer set to medium speed, beat until smooth.

In a large bowl, whisk cake mix with soda until smooth.

Evenly distribute cake mixture among the lined cups of the muffin pan. Smooth out the mixture with the back of a spoon.

Evenly distribute cream-cheese mixture among the cups. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.

Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out mostly clean, 24 - 26 minutes. (Make sure the chocolate cake layer is cooked through.)

Allow to cool completely. Enjoy! (P.S. Refrigerate leftovers.)

MAKES 12 SERVINGS

Serving Size: 1 cupcake (1/12th of recipe)
Calories: 153
Fat: 4.5g
Sodium: 312mg
Carbs: 25g
Fiber: 0.5g
Sugars: 15.5g
Protein: 4.5g
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 16:23

More low cal recipes...

google hungrygirl and go to the chew the right thing link for recipes
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:07

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 237.0/209.0/160 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 36%

Woohooo Stacy is posting the recipes.

DD has been extremely easy. I had my coffee with So Delicious Coconut creamer, 50 calories here.

Brunch was 200 calories

Dinner will be 140 for a chicken breast, 4 asparagus spears sprayed with ICBINB spray.

This will put me at 403 for the day. If I need anything more, I will have a cup of Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa before bed time, these are only 25 calories so I will put me at 428 for my 500 day.

Come join us people.
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:12

Food today

B; none
L; none
S; 100 cal pack thin cookie crisps
D; weight watchers meal and 1 slice ww bread with butter...327 cals

total for day 427 cals...woot woot bring on up day
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringamajig
Woohooo Stacy is posting the recipes.

DD has been extremely easy. I had my coffee with So Delicious Coconut creamer, 50 calories here.

Brunch was 200 calories

Dinner will be 140 for a chicken breast, 4 asparagus spears sprayed with ICBINB spray.

This will put me at 403 for the day. If I need anything more, I will have a cup of Swiss Miss Diet Cocoa before bed time, these are only 25 calories so I will put me at 428 for my 500 day.

Come join us people.

wooohooo sis great job....

i was like 4 cals short of my 431 with having 427

i should of got me a chicken breast also....ray got one from the store in the meat counter that he cooked in olive oil that looks good...of course skinny minny him is also have mashed potatoes/gravy from kfc...lots of bread and butter and pie....must be nice to eat like that and not worry

greatttttttttttttt job on your day....just think today is almost over and then we eat

did u find the gluc at your store??

hope u sleep well and no issues tonight...1 more day then spring break from job 1 for me....tues am off from both to clean so lj and gf can have dinner here...they want pizza, so i got a weight watchers pizza since it is dd...wed i go to lawyer in kc then to 2nd job...2nd job thurs/fri...so no real vacation for me

i have set my goal..199 by aug 1st
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:33

Plan: EatRealFood!
Stats: 186/175/157 Female 68 inches
BF:30%/27%/15%
Progress: 38%

I'm here girls! DD was easy with Healthy Choice soup, baked tilapia, and coffee. I love JUDDD!
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:35

BF:

Found some good DD foods at Walmart today. Nice warm foods for my friends that are still freezing.

Diet Swiss Miss at 25 calories
Campbell's Light minestrone soup, 18.6 oz can for 120 calories
Campbell's Light Southwestern Veggie, 18.6 oz can 120 calories
Campbell's Light Italian wedding soup, 18.6 oz can 200 calories
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:35

Plan: EatRealFood!
Stats: 186/175/157 Female 68 inches
BF:30%/27%/15%
Progress: 38%

And I can't wait to make the french toast . Thanks Stacy!
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:40

BF:

Yay, Janelle is here.
  #28   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:44

BF:

Also, think should mention that some peeps do JUDDD and low carb together, not necessary though as long as you stay within your up day or your down day calories, you can eat whatever you want. Obviously, real food IMHO is always best. Happy JUDDD'g.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:47

Plan: JUDDD 4/30/2012
Stats: 154/141/135 Female 54.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hi girls and thanks for the welcome to our JUDDD site over here!!

Wow Rox you are doing fantastic! And you too LJ! And just think, you can eat like your skinny minny hubby every other day if you want to and not have to worry either. I LOVE JUDDD!!

Thanks for posting so many yummy sounding recipes! I may have to check them out one day. For now I am making really fast DD recipes because of splitting my time between FT work and FT school. Would rather spend the time on exercise and UD recipes for now. I have saved some documents on my computer from fast DD suggestions from the "other" site. Once I get to my desktop later, let me find them and I will post my faves here. So nice to have "old" friends to share JUDDD with!! Thanks again for the invite!

MD/UD for me these days on Sat/Sun during classes. I am doing DD Mon-Wed-Fri for about 10 weeks total. Not weighing at this point in time, going by how clothes are fitting. As they start to get a bit bigger, I will weigh in at that point. Trying not to stress about the dreaded scale number with being so close to goal. For so many years I would go CRAZY eating when I got this close to goal. Of course that was when I was in deprivation mode with other woe, which JUDDD doesn't have as a down side thankfully. Still, hard to break out of mindsets that have been there for years.

Excited for you LJ on your August goal, looks like you will make it with your current successes. My goal is another 10 by mid August, that's a bit less than what I did last year spring/summer and would put me at ~ 135. Will see how I feel at that number at that time.

A lovely rest of the day to you girls.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Mar-24-13, 17:49

Found this info for newbies or peeps considering JUDDD

Getting Started: There are only two phases of the JUDDD Plan: Weight Loss and Maintenance.

Down Days: To lose weight, calorie intake on the “Down” Day is limited, usually to 20% to 35% of daily calorie requirements, although it is strongly recommended that calories be held to below 25% when starting this weight loss plan. (To maintain weight loss and for optimal health, Down Day calorie intake is kept at 50% to 60% of your Daily Calorie Needs figure.)

To determine your basic daily calorie needs, go to an online site such as free dieting or the JUDDD site, and use their Calorie Calculator. Then you can use the calorie figure given to calculate your Down Day calorie requirement. There is a strong tendency for overweight individuals to overestimate their "Activity" level, thereby giving themselves an artificially high calorie allowance for both their Up Days and their Down Days. To avoid this problem, it has been recommended that for the first two weeks you should consume no more than 500 calories on each Down Day, regardless of your activity level.

Up Days: On the following Up Days, you may eat anything you want and as much as you want, but do not intentionally over eat. It is recommended that your given Daily Calorie Needs figure be your guide.

The important principle of JUDDD is to adhere to the Down Day calorie limit as closely as possible. You do not have to eat up to your calorie needs figure on your Up Days.

Hunger Management: The key to success on the Down Day is learning what works for you. Remember that you can eat tomorrow.

Diet Stress: While most other diets require daily reduction in calorie intake or limit the type of food eaten, JUDDD does not. There are no intricate meal plans and menus required, no preparation of separate meals, and no need for the purchase of special expensive foods, costing you time and money and creating stress in your life. With the Johnson UpDayDownDay Diet™, you are allowed to eat whatever you want on the Up Day, and your choices are greatly simplified on the Down Day, markedly reducing stress.

Energy level/mood: We have observed a consistent, measurable dramatic increase in energy level which is noticeable within 7-10 days, which peaks around three weeks on the diet. This is consistent with animal studies in calorie restriction. This is a desirable and reinforcing sensation which encourages you to keep going.

Based on animal research, the type of food eaten on the Up Day is unimportant compared to adhering to the Down Day calorie limit. This will activate genes (SIRT1) which set in motion the beneficial processes which produce optimal health.

Commitment: It is important to commit in advance to a certain number of calories on the Down Day. We strongly suggest 20 – 25% for the first two weeks, but find that 30 - 35% is more tolerable for some people for a prolonged period of dieting. The lower the calories on the Down Day, the better, but the most important thing is to find a caloric intake you can comply with on an ongoing basis.

(We suggest using only commercially prepared shakes in the first two weeks. Later, prepared foods with the calorie content marked on them can be eaten. It is critically important to guard against the universal tendency to underestimate how much we are eating.)

Weight Loss: How much you lose depends on several factors. The average in JUDDD studies was 2.5 pounds per week, more the first week or two.

You may wish to weigh yourself only on the morning after a Down Day and not more often than once a week if normal weight fluctuations lead to frustration for you.