Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-12, 07:25

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:
Progress: 41%

I am experimenting with increasing fat in my diet. Today I started out with a preportioned slice of sharp cheddar and 1/4 cup walnuts. I used to have the eggs and bacon, sausage or ham. Mid morning I wanted "something" so would have the nuts and cheese. So, eliminating the higher protien for the higher fat is my test. This is a test. This is only a test!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-12, 07:43

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:

I have a relative who was stuck at 170 for weeks and weeks while only eating induction foods. I asked her what she was eating, exactly, and everything seemed fine except for the fact that she was grabbing some cheese or nuts everytime she got hungry (mostly because she wasn't eating enough at meal time). She was also eating an Atkins bar each day. I suggesting cutting the bar out and eliminating the cheese for one week and then try eliminating the nuts the next week...as a test. She cut the bars and cheese and lost 4 pounds the first week! So...yeah...it was an issue for her! I later found out she also eliminated nuts at the same time, so now that I think about it, it could be either one OR the calories. Guess it just pays to experiment. Good luck!
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Nov-07-12, 08:24

Plan: LC/HF/MP
Stats: 248/220/180 Female 67in
BF:

Down 4 pounds. The lowest I can remember. Going to do experiment another day and see what happens.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 08:26

Plan: Atkins, sort of
Stats: 184/166/152 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 56%

I think cheese slows down my weight loss but being able to eat cheese is part of what keeps my on the low carb track. If I ate more (non-processed) meat instead I think I would probably lose faster. Am a little stuck this last week or so and if it persists I'll go easy on the cheese.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Nov-08-12, 14:27
Registered Member

Plan: Experimenting
Stats: 181/181/126 Female 5 3
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbagram
Down 4 pounds. The lowest I can remember. Going to do experiment another day and see what happens.

That's great news, your experiment seems to be working for you.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Mar-16-15, 11:36

Plan: paleo
Stats: 157/147/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 59%

My first attempt at low carb included a lot of dairy. It was a disaster. It took me 2 months to lose 3 pounds.

Worse, my rosacea flared and the arthritis in my knee became so severe I couldn't walk down stairs without gripping the railing with both hands. Fortunately, I had tracked what I was eating and eventually made the connection to dairy.

Once I cut out the dairy, everything improved: my weight loss accelerated and my skin and arthritis calmed down. It's possible that my weight loss was from reducing overall calories (I wasn't tracking calories then, only carbs), but I can't rule out the possibility that dairy-induced inflammation was inhibiting my weight loss. Whatever the reason, cutting out dairy was my key to progress.