Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 18:17

Plan: High protein, lower fat
Stats: 000/000/145 Female 66
BF:276, 255 hi wts
Progress: 0%

Love the pic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
But when we see some making the same mistakes over and over and refuse to hear that its a mistake...well, it just gets tough to keep offering the info....to deaf ears.

Hmm...you know what, though....I remember also from back in the 12 step days that people used to talk about how valuable the meetings were because one, they often learned by negative example. Harsh but true. Also, that by listening to others and by choosing what we ourselves would say, we had a chance to learn what we needed to know, when we were ready to hear it.

We never know when a seed may be planted or be about to come to fruition.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 19:12
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seejay
Well but there is such fuzziness about what the "levels of low carb" are, so who knows what goes in what forum.

"vlc" isn't even in the categories published by the Nutrition and Metabolism Society

coachjeff could be LC if his 80 grams was between 10-26 percent of calories.

And I wonder about the comment "we are mostly atkins" - who is "we"? I personally ignore the atkins- only threads because that is not my plan, and I still have tons to read and lots of opportunities for discussion.

coachjeff says that he is vlc at 80 grams a day. I am not putting words in his mouth. He is also not saying where those 80 are coming from.
Whether or not its a category is not the issue, as far as I'm concered.

"we are mostly atkins" I think that the majority of those here start out with Atkins....and get stuck at Induction levels for way too long...that is my only opinion.

Last edited by Judynyc : Mon, Jul-23-12 at 19:30.
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 19:13
Attitude is a Choice

oops..dble post! sorry!
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 19:15
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLx
Love the pic!

Hmm...you know what, though....I remember also from back in the 12 step days that people used to talk about how valuable the meetings were because one, they often learned by negative example. Harsh but true. Also, that by listening to others and by choosing what we ourselves would say, we had a chance to learn what we needed to know, when we were ready to hear it.

We never know when a seed may be planted or be about to come to fruition.

Yes, you are wise and correct!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 19:21

Plan: LCHF - my way
Stats: 309/233.2/194 Male 6'2"
BF:
Progress: 66%

Who says someone has to agree with my eating choices to give their opinion about Glycemic Load? "I think it's bunk because all carbs besides leafy green veggies are xxx". Is a fine response.

And if one doesn't like my choices...so what? I don't go to other people's threads and say "you shouldn't do induction because it didn't work for me". There is such a thing as "to each their own"

Even my slice of bread for breakfast was only 16% carb for that meal.

I think "we don't know how to help you" is a weak excuse. Plenty of folks participated in those threads besides me. The threads weren't put here so the appropriate people might see them. Clearly they were about keeping ME out of the general low carb section.

Else one would just say nothing and let those who didn't have a problem talk amongst themselves.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 19:29
Attitude is a Choice

Lee, perhaps you would do well to actually ask the moderators why the moved your GL thread. There is an exclamation point in a triangle in the upper right hand corner that is for reporting a bad post or to ask a question, I think.
  #52   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 19:32

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
Lee, perhaps you would do well to actually ask the moderators why the moved your GL thread. There is an exclamation point in a triangle in the upper right hand corner that is for reporting a bad post or to ask a question, I think.

I did ask. The "we don't know how to help you" is an excuse that doesn't hold water. It's clearly the case of someone not liking what I'm saying about my own food choices.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 07:16

Plan: atkins '72 -now ketogenic
Stats: 260/181.4/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 65%

that's funny, because the reason I said "we don't know how" is that...people ARE responding to you, but you seem to dislike a lot of what's being said.
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 07:46

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tragedian
that's funny, because the reason I said "we don't know how" is that...people ARE responding to you, but you seem to dislike a lot of what's being said.

What I dislike is having my thread moved from an active forum to an inactive forum.

That you write judgmental things to me, doesn't bother me. Lots of other folks participated just fine.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 08:04

Plan: atkins '72 -now ketogenic
Stats: 260/181.4/140 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 65%

I'm sorry that you feel that way.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 08:59

BF:

The non-apology, apology. Here's some food for thought...

Quote:
Yes, I saw the thread where you 'accidentally' 'raised a bit of a stir'.

I let this go at the time, but I did not appreciate my honesty being called into question. As my piece of bread for breakfast came to only 16% carbs for that meal, I really did have no expectations that such a choice would be controversial.

Quote:
Well you do seem to emphasize eating the way you want quite a bit....

I never posted in the Atkins forum, or the SBC forum, or any specific program's forum. I posted in "general low carb". So when someone challenges my choices...how else am I to respond other than "well, I'm not following xyz, here's what I'm doing...and why".

Quote:
The main benefit of your chosen diet, from what I can tell, is simply the fact that it suits you.

Really? So losing weight, inches, feeling better, moving more...none of those are supposed to be benefits? It's after pointing such things out that my threads started being moved hither an yon.

"Sorry you feel that way"...I'm sorry you are MODERATING THAT WAY.