Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 15:36

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda~Lee
funny you should mention that..... my friend and I plan on gong to Viva next March! LOL

Its a blast...and by march you will be able to feel great in a cool new outfit!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Tue, Jul-24-12, 18:25

Plan: WW's/ Atkins/George S.
Stats: 317.6/260.4/186 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 43%

I have a pair of jeans I have kept that I loved from LLBean because they looked so good on me....... so them and then I have a gorgeous pale pink suit with beaded pearls and a pearl strap camasole ?? however that is spelled... that I have only wore once and have hung onto. I will be dancing when that one fits it cost a fortune from a designer shop.
Gloria
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jul-25-12, 14:17
Registered Member

Plan: Adkins so far
Stats: 398/358/200 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 20%

I have had a dream outfit in mind for years, like what I'd wear when I'm under 200....Long creamy beige skirt mid calf, free flowing with really cool scrunchy buttery boots very expensive Italian leather, over the calf and comfortable, very silky white blouse tucked into skirt loosly with a nice thin leather belt with gold buckle and long knee length very light and ultra soft sweater....I've daydreamed myself on a stage with this outfit, owning my own space and very very VERY confident.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Aug-08-12, 19:29

Plan: VLC/Carnivore
Stats: 369/301/299 Female 5'9"
BF:too much.
Progress: 97%

I would love to be able to wear an beautiful pencil skirt that hits right at the knee - with a shirt that is tucked in or ISN"T a tunic length - or a really beautiful straight cut dress that has a belt around the waist - a skinny one. And stilettos LOL.

I'm an apple shape so anything requiring a flat front has always been out for me - anything belted looks like a tied off sausage around my middle...and the last time I wore stillettos (which are currently in my closet so no shopping even required!) I punctured the cushion floor in my kitchen before I went out for the evening. I guess that's what 300 lbs supported on a spot the size of a penciltip eraser can do!
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-12, 12:51
Registered Member

Plan: LC whole foods
Stats: 227/218/120 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Oh gosh, what a nice positive question! I wish I could remember the site I once went on...it had a bunch of sexy clubbing outfits. So many of the dresses were too revealing for my shy self, but some were just drop dead gorgeous. Still risqué, but if - no wait WHEN I lose this excess weight, I am going to gather up all my courage and wear one of the more conservative clubbing dresses during a night out with my husband. And it won't be black - I've already spent enough years wearing black to blend it to the background. It'll be something with pizazz, some pretty color to it, and a halter top for that extra feminine flair.

For everyday wear, I just want to be able to throw on an outfit without being self-conscious about bulges in all the wrong places. Especially no more loose shirts to "hide" the tummy.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Sep-04-12, 12:58
Registered Member

Plan: LC whole foods
Stats: 227/218/120 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezi
I have had a dream outfit in mind for years, like what I'd wear when I'm under 200....Long creamy beige skirt mid calf, free flowing with really cool scrunchy buttery boots very expensive Italian leather, over the calf and comfortable, very silky white blouse tucked into skirt loosly with a nice thin leather belt with gold buckle and long knee length very light and ultra soft sweater....I've daydreamed myself on a stage with this outfit, owning my own space and very very VERY confident.

This sounds like a stunning outfit. So chic, like something a supermodel would wear. Clothes shopping is going to be so much fun, isn't it?
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 07:18
Monday came.

Plan: my own
Stats: 275/228.6/155 Female 5'4"
BF:ummm . . . ?
Progress: 39%

Okay, so this is a tough one. Not just to think of options, but to consider *having* options.

You see, I've been wearing the same handful of dresses for the last year or more as I reached a lifetime high weight. This summer was at the point where only two of them fit--and really couldn't look at myself in the mirror while wearing them, as I was so huge.

I've dropped 17 pounds since then, and it was a big day when I found that I could start wearing a `shrunk in the dryer' dress I liked, and then when another one fit. I now have four dresses to choose from, and that's a treat.

I've managed to compartmentalize the pain of being so restricted in what I can wear, what I can do, by thinking of myself as another category of human, the kind that didn't have those options. Like a poor person serving at a party for people who hadn't a care in the world. I just tell myself, "I'm not one of them." Almost as if I am a non-person, because then it doesn't hurt, then it's acceptable to be someone who rotates the same three dresses, day after day, at work, at home, weekends, evenings.

So your question asks me to posit myself back into the world of having choices, and at some point I need to consider that possibility, if I continue to lose weight. When I was undressing in my closet last night, I made eye contact with one of my skirts. Hadn't looked at it in the longest time, but there it was audaciously peeking around a shelving unit.

Plaid Pendleton wool calf-length skirt with hip-stitched pleats. I think I have around two dozen of these skirts--I like them, and they're super-warm (three layers of wool!) and feel female and swirlish and ready to wear into battle and then into a formal dining room. One cannot wear these without having presence.

This one was a Royal Stewart plaid, I think. I'm partial to the tartans. Or I was, when I was a person. This skirt was a bit nervy, as if it required of me some kind of speculation or recognition. As if it was challenging me to consider wearing again someday.

It's not so much any one garment as it is having choices again. Okay, but just say I could wear that skirt again. What would it look like? (This won't sound too appealing to you experiencing a heatwave right now): that skirt with a frothy slip underneath, and black tights and a freshly-ironed white linen blouse and a black silk-velvet formfitting jacket.

I've also got a wonderful old Pendleton robe that I'd love to wear--kind of a Lauren Bacall/Kate Hepburn thing.

Jeez. I wanna wear that robe.

Dang. Apparently, I am still here.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 14:36

Plan: atkins/hcg
Stats: 228/162/135 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 71%

last year hubby and i went to sturgis sd for the motorcycle rally and I purchased a blinged out pair of miss me jeans in a size 8 that were $120 (my incentive jeans) I'd like to fit into them with a sheer button up shirt and a cute camisole under the shirt or maybe even a bustier (if I dare)
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Sep-07-12, 20:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304.6/196/172 Female 5' 10
BF:
Progress: 82%

I'm not sure I have a particular outfit in mind. I think when you are thin, you look good in pretty much anything.

I like Ralph Lauren Black label. Too, if you find yourself web surfing, go to YouTube and search for 'Janet Jackson live 1987 Grammy performance.' Black leather jacket, jeans, heels. I like that look.

I'd also like to wear black tights/leggings, some type of sweather and my black motorcycle boots. I like the military look. I like penny loafers, jeans, white shirt and a boyfriend jacket. Of course, I'm older now, so I'd have to modify my dream outfits some.

I'm a relic. I like 50s fashion, the old movie stars. Hats, hatpins, gloves, dresses, suits. Joan Crawford. Vintage Coco Chanel, Jackie Kennedy (after Onasis) Audrey Hepburn. The shirt dresses, e.g. June Cleaver, Donna Reed. And even during my lifetime, around the late 80s, early 90s, when pants were lined and hung better; Rena Rowan; Saville Row, Austin Reed.
It's hard finding 'affordable' quality pieces when you are large.

Classic styles. This time, after the weight comes off, I'm going for a capsule wardrobe. Back in the late 80s, I worked with a woman that probably had two pants suits and a couple blouses. It took me awhile to notice that she was wearing the same things but mixing it up with accessories, shoes, etc. All I knew was that she looked like a million bucks every day!

I'd like to look more professional at work, but not all the way out--suits--I'd stick out like a sore thumb.

I just always want to be prepared, be it running an errand, grocery shopping, whatever. I never want to be ashamed of the way I look.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Sep-12-12, 11:03

Plan: My Own Low Carb thing
Stats: 353/303.8/199 Female 5'9"
BF:Yeah I got some...
Progress: 32%

I want a sexy black dress...that would make me happy lol