Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-12, 05:08

Plan: Mixture .. mainly Paleo
Stats: 168/163/120 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Lovely suggestions. Love the bedroom idea. Regarding the 'NO' I feel so much better since I recognised that it was annoying me so much. I never blame anyone else because I am the only one who can change me. I knew long ago that I didn't like keep being told no, but thought I had dealt with it. It is only recently when I realised that I was reactiing to the word NO, that I realised it was still in my sub-conscious. It has now been brought to the surface and I am dealing with it. How? For me - getting straight to the point and telling the person responsible for saying NO just how I feel and that I will not be controlled in this way. This means that I have changed myself. We have just had a visitor and as we waived them off this controlling person told me to stop waiving now etc etc. I told this controlling busy body to stop telling me what to do etc etc etc. Just realised as I am writing this that because I immediately dealt with the situation by telling the person to stop telling me what to do that I am not reacting emotionally and feeling stressed by it. Long, drawn out sentence, but never mind. As I think STRESS is the thing that affects the body most, then allowing it is definitely not being good to my body. Dealing with it is - feel great about it.

We are going to visit a relative to take a birthday present later. Then we will take a wedding anniversary card to another relative. So, that will take up a good part of this afternoon.

Today, I started off relaxing and allowing any pressure within my body to drain away. Kind of meditation. It felt really good. I am observing my body and allowing it to relax whenever I feel any tension. This is so good.
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-12, 17:18

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Hi folks..

Thanks for sharing your days and thoughts with us.

Kat, your bedroom sounds gorgeous. Hopefully, when you move, you'll manage something just as creative and inspiring.

I hope you had a good evening and enjoyed the meal with wine. Occasional pleasures are worth having. I found a bottle of champagne tonight, which I didn't realise I had, so I'll probably be quaffing that soon, as it needs used up :P

I loved your quotes from Mother Teresa.

Sayria, I'm really glad you feel better today and just asserting yourself was enough to solve the problem this time. I hope you enjoyed all your visits.

I've really enjoyed my day. We dropped off stuff for recycling, did some shopping and managed to move forward with another little job in the house. The day was free from TV and radio, and I felt really energised by the peace. I might do that again tomorrow. :0)
  #63   ^
Old Wed, Aug-01-12, 17:34

BF:

Suggestions for tomorrow:

1. Take some extra care over your evening meal. Set a table and decorate it with glasses, candles and flowers, put on some soft music and take time to arrange the food in an attractive way. Relax and make the most of dinner time.
2. Make plans to go for a countryside stroll at the weekend - somewhere scenic and special with a cafe nearby for afterwards.
3. Spend 15 minutes finding 5 things which have negative associations to donate to charity or throw out.
4. Try to be aware of your body, so when you feel tense, you can consciously relax, and allow it to drain away.
5. Put on some dance music which matches your mood - there's lots on Youtube if you don't have any CDs - and dance.

Add any other suggestions below.

Enjoy!
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-12, 17:38

BF:

My day went quite well again. It was a warm, sunny day, so I spent time in the garden relaxing, watching the birds and sleeping, as I was tired. We had a delicious dinner, with background music, flowers and candle, and I felt better after my rest, so I chucked out a pile of old paperwork, which always feels good, then I had a candlelit bath with a book. Heading for dreamland now.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-12, 17:53

BF:

Suggestions for tomorrow:

1. Make a little extra time for yourself in the morning.. Take time out to sit at the door or an open window, breath deeply and empty your mind of everything.
2. Take extra care over your appearance today - wear nice underwear, flattering clothes and spend an extra 5 minutes on your grooming.
3. Do something which will make you feel good about yourself - be kind to an old neighbour, or donate some money or time to charity
4. Stimulate your mind with a cultural/intellectual activity.
5. Have an early night.

Enjoy, and write any other suggestions below.
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-12, 19:01

Plan: Suzanne Somers; LC
Stats: 182.5/158/105 Female 5'
BF:Melting!
Progress: 32%

I found myself thinking about this thread on the drive home from work today. And it was a sigh of relief to switch over from insanity to...aaahhhh...what can I do to be good to myself today?
Last night I was here at my clients house trying to get things in order for the housekeeper who was coming today. I wanted to make sure I took 30 minutes to go out in the hot tub under the big full moon and gaze at its beauty. And I did. This thread and all the wonderful ideas really works for me!
Tonight I think I will light a scented candle and do some breathing exercises for relaxing - deep breathe. * update. I will watch the sunset tonight and send some good energy to someone I know who I just found out is in ICU in very bad shape. It was a head-on and the other driver didn't make it. I am no longer in a light mood to watch the comedy movie I planned to watch. I may follow Kirsteen's suggestion and make it an early night.
Kat

Last edited by mviesprite : Thu, Aug-02-12 at 20:14.
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Aug-02-12, 19:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsteen
wear nice underwear

I have to share my lingerie story My sister had a bunch of really nice things that she decided to sell on ebay. She washed them on the delicate cycle - and my niece in the spirit of helpfulness threw them all in the dryer - which to her horror (and mine when I heard that)- brought the price seriously down. I told her I'd buy them since I knew they were nice and a bargain to boot - and I have been breaking underwires like crazy and wearing out my stuff. A big box arrived and it was like Xmas! I didn't realize she had so much- I have every color and pattern imaginable and I feel so good when I have one of the new set on. It's even fun to wear stuff I'd never buy much less wear...zebra and leopard (ha!- I always thought animal prints looked better on the animals but I am having fun with these.)
Kat
  #68   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-12, 03:02

BF:

Hi Kat,

I'm really sorry to hear about the accident. I hope that the person in hospital pulls through with no lasting injuries.

I love your underwear story. I hope it inspires me to leap shop-ward, because I have two bras which are too big now - you could fit the entire royal navy in one of the boat-like cups. I love nice undies, but it's hard to get anything attractive in cruise-liner size..

I'm off to the unusually warm and sunny garden for breakfast (my darling is making me an omelette as I type). It's a beautiful day, and all the flowers are calling me. And my darling is too!! It seems that my breakfast is ready! I have to stop here. Have a great day. x

Last edited by Kirsteen : Sat, Aug-04-12 at 02:34.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-12, 10:24

BF:

Such lovely stories. I didn't get to write yesterday. We went to stay with relatives and had a fantastic time. We all went out for a meal and had some delightful chat. We are always so relaxed with these relatives and it was great to spend time with them. We stayed overnight and today had a lovely, relaxing breakfast. A bit more chit chat and back home. There is nothing else special on my agenda except to just relax and enjoy being.
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-12, 14:55

BF:

Hi Sayria, your day sounds so laid back. It's always good to have quality time with loved ones.

I had a very good day, and accomplished all of my suggestions from last night. I had a delicious breakfast in the sunny garden, then took extra care with my appearance. I thought I was transformed by a little eye make-up, but my darling didn't notice any difference, . We went to a retrospective exhibition of Italian art. You can see a slideshow by scrolling down this page a little:

http://www.glasgowlife.org.uk/museu...Exhibition.aspx

Afterwards, we popped to our favourite restaurant - just opposite the gallery and we had a fantastic meal. Menu here, if anyone's looking for ideas:

http://www.motherindiaglasgow.co.uk...=cms.a_alacarte

We were shattered when we got home, but we had nothing to do except collapse in a heap to recover. I'm already in bed, and will be heading for the land of nod in the wink of an eye.

Last edited by Kirsteen : Fri, Aug-03-12 at 16:45.
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Aug-03-12, 16:55

BF:

Suggestions for Saturday:

1. Go for a picnic somewhere scenic, or dine al fresco.
2. Plan a Sunday barbecue, weather permitting
3. Make the most of Youtube and wallow in some evocative music
4. Choose an area or room and de-clutter or beautify it.
5. Spend 30 mins on finding 10 items to donate / discard.
6. If there's a warm evening, sit outside with candles enjoying the peace. If it's cool, do the same indoors.

Enjoy, and add any other suggestions below.
  #72   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-12, 00:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayria
Such lovely stories. I didn't get to write yesterday. We went to stay with relatives and had a fantastic time. We all went out for a meal and had some delightful chat. We are always so relaxed with these relatives and it was great to spend time with them. We stayed overnight and today had a lovely, relaxing breakfast. A bit more chit chat and back home. There is nothing else special on my agenda except to just relax and enjoy being.

Very nice, having quality time with people you can relax around.
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-12, 00:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsteen
Hi Kat,

I have two bras which are too big now - you could sail the entire royal navy in one of the boat-like cups. I love nice undies, but it's hard to get anything attractive in cruise-liner size..

I'm off to the unusually warm and sunny garden for breakfast (my darling is making me an omelette as I type). It's a beautiful day, and all the flowers are calling me. And my darling is too!! It seems that my breakfast is ready! I have to stop here. Have a great day. x

I laughed at your flotilla -encompassing size unmentionables ! It's a great visual. Yay for being smaller! At first my sister didn't think they would fit me, because the last time she saw me, I was ...well, a bigger size.
And how very nice to have a wonderful significant other. I hope I find one who is as good to me as he is to you
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-12, 00:20

Tomorrow I will expand on Kirsteen's suggestion to spend 30 min on finding 10 items to donate or get rid of...I am moving and plan to spend most of the day doing that. And I'll put on my favorite Enya music, make myself some type of breakfast beverage so that it is very pleasant.
Tonight I am making time to go out to the hot tub here with a seltzer water and lemon/stevia. (I just watched Under the Tuscan Sun and am pretending its a Limoncello.)
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Aug-04-12, 05:58

BF:

It really is good to read your stories. I love the sound of all those lovely undies. Had breakfast in the conservatory, then later had coffee on the patio. Spent some time in the garden dead heading flowers whilst my DH did other jobs. I am going to meet up with my daughter later and we will drink coffee/tea, chat and shop. Since you set this up Kirsteen I am noticing rather than just doing things. I particularly notice how I feel about things. Like, when I was in the garden, all the flowers felt special. I always love flowers, but now there is an extra dimension as I look at them.