Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 11:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picky1985
i did this tonight...i feel amazing i did my face pack, waxed my eyebrows then i had a shower and a really good shave (lol the remnants of winter were still hanging aroud haha) and buffed my body with my scrub, i used my new henna deep conditioning long hair treatment and now my hair feels as soft as a babys!! (no need to get it all cut off now weehee!!) then i slathered myself in lotion and used tea tree and peppermint lotion on my face...its amazing how this kind of treatment makes you want to keep on track!

Wowee - that's great. Lots of scope there.. I'm going to do some of these tonight.

So Picky's suggestions are:
  • Hair removal
  • Hair tinting & conditioning
  • body buffing and deep moisturising of face and body

Mine are:
  • Do something creative which expresses how you feel today, such as write a poem or draw a picture.
  • Go through your wardrobe and chuck out the most unflattering item or items. Find something you like which is too big and take in the seams this evening, so it'll fit in future.
  • Have a candelit, scented bath
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 11:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv4kids
Great thread! My suggestion is to watch a funny movie that makes you laugh till you cry. Laughing is a great way to destress. Makes the body feel better. The new Madea movie looks hilarious. Witness Protection I think?

This was a good suggestion - I found a re-run of "Absolutely Fabulous" which did the job for us. I might dig out some Billy Connolly sketches for tonight. I love the one about "What women want":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXit0FTxa1U

His language can be a bit rough, but he is soooo funny!

Last edited by Kirsteen : Sat, Jul-21-12 at 12:04.
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 12:01

Plan: DANDR induction
Stats: 240/240/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

my suggestions for tonight are sitting down with a nice creamy coffee and watching a bit of tv and surfing the forum lol
work in the morning from 7-2 so i will be chilling from now until bedtime!! here's some suggestions for tomorrow seeing as i won't be about much
* search online for a new low carb recipe and try it out for lunch or dinner
* go on youtube and look up some of the weight loss success videos on there, there are some really fabulous ones on there!!
* try some body brushing
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 12:06

BF:

Thanks, Picky - these are great! I might do the body brushing before my bath, and I will definitely find a new recipe. Thanks for that great idea.
  #20   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 17:51

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

I must have been in the shower for an hour today. I shaved, exfoliated and deep conditioned my hair. Put on almond/vanilla body butter. It felt really good!
  #21   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 18:54

BF:

Mmm - that sounds wonderful, Amber.

I found this nice new recipe which I'll try soon:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/recipes/poultry104.html

I relaxed outside today, did some creative writing, took in a pair of hideously baggy trousers and managed another little grooming task. Still haven't managed my candlelit bath.. I watched a program on hoarding instead - they always motivate me to de-clutter, lol.
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Jul-21-12, 21:51

Stats: 280/265.2/170 Female 5, 5
BF:
Progress: 13%

That recipe sounds delicious!!! Thanks for sharing.

Sounds like you had a good and productive day.

My daughter is spending the night at a friends so my husband and I visited a street fair and took a short walk down by the river. Nice day all the way around.

Hope you can squeeze that bath in this weekend!!
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-12, 06:25

BF:

Amber that sounds marvelous.. We have a jazz festival starting this weekend, and today is a Mardi Gras, so we're heading over there soon.

My suggestions for today are:

* It's Sunday. Have a day of rest and do something really special which will make you happy.
* Get outside with your camera and make the most of the summer.

Other suggestions:

* search online for a new low carb recipe and try it out for lunch or dinner
* go on youtube and look up some of the weight loss success videos on there, there are some really fabulous ones!!
* try some body brushing

Other suggestions are welcome. Just write them below, and choose to do whichever of the suggestions appeal to you.

Have a good day everyone.
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Jul-22-12, 13:17

Plan: Mixture .. mainly Paleo
Stats: 168/163/120 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 10%

Hi Everyone, Absolutely fabulous suggestions. Yesterday, had visitors and went grocery shopping. Today, Sunday, great day. The weather is beautiful and we managed to put the seats on our swing seat. Also went to a garden centre and bought plants for a new bit of exposed garden. Lovely colours - made me feel good. Had a glasss of wine on the patio. Felt so very relaxed. Really good day.
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 02:27

BF:

Today feels good because the sun is still shining. Relaxed with an early morning cup of tea on the patio. Looked at the lovely colours of the flowers we planted yesterday. Gazed across the fields and thought how good it was just to be.
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 06:32

BF:

Hi Sayria, that sounds wonderful. It's raining here, but I could still sit at my open door enjoying the fresh scents and colours of the garden in summer.. In addition, I want to get organised and move forward with a couple of things which have been on the to-do list for years.

Last edited by Kirsteen : Mon, Jul-23-12 at 08:55.
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 06:38

BF:

My suggestions for today:

* Do something you've been putting off for years - get that weight off your shoulders.
* Go shopping for a better fitting bra - you deserve it.
* Lavish some care on your hands and feet - give yourself a manicure and a nourishing treatment for your skin and nails.

Sayria's suggestions:

* sit and drink in the peace and quiet of a lovely view - either from the shelter of a brolly or your doorway, or enjoying soaking up a little sunshine. Just "be"..

Add any extra suggestions below and enjoy any you do

Last edited by Kirsteen : Mon, Jul-23-12 at 08:48.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 11:04

BF:

Love your suggestions Kirsteen. I went out for a drive to a nearby monastery. It is so peaceful there. I walked around the grounds for a while, sat and soaked up the sun, then went into the church. In the church I lit a candle for me. I know that sounds selfish, but I usually light candles for other people or various things. Whenever I go into a cathedral I like to like a candle. I also sat down in the church for quite a while. It was cool and very peaceful. Then I went into the shop and looked around for something to buy, but didn't anything I wanted. The drive back home was good. Back home I made a cup of tea for my DH and me which we drank on the patio. There is something about the sun shining that makes such a difference.
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 11:27

Plan: DANDR induction
Stats: 240/240/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%

today my husband and i went for a lovely walk (1.5 hours) in the sun our daughter was riding along on her bike and it was really enjoyable,only thing that ruined it was my little madam getting a bit of an attitude and me biting back...it was still a great walk although next time i won't be so quick to snap at her! my suggestions for today/well tomorrow as i've left it kinda late:
*ignore peoples crappy attitudes, letting it bother you makes it worse
*start a new book (i went and signed up at the library today to get some summer reading in )
*take 10 minutes out of your day to chill and meditate and do some positive thinking...

#30   ^
Old Mon, Jul-23-12, 18:38

BF:

Those two days sound idyllic. We can use those suggestions for tomorrow.

I managed to start two jobs I have been putting off for ages They'll probably take days to finish, as I have plans for the next couple of days.. but we made a good start on them, and I'll feel happier when they're completed. I managed some restful times too. I listened to gorgeous music this evening - Rubinstein playing various pieces, including Liebestraum:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkXOrkeZyqQ

Sublime

Last edited by Kirsteen : Mon, Jul-23-12 at 18:46.