Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Introduce Yourself
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Wed, Jun-20-12, 04:10

Plan: sort ofatkins
Stats: 205/144/140 Female 5;6
BF:
Progress: 94%

Hi,dont be so hard on yourself,we are all different,you have to find what works for you,and you are doing great,and feeding a little one requires more energy...I would say keep your fat intake high..
As for craving Pizza,have a look at Lindas low carbs,,she has a pizza alternative that is also suitable for induction..may help with the craving...
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 01:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 294.6/276.2/170 Female 5 7
BF:
Progress: 15%

I thought i would post my foods today and carb amounts. You guys tell me what you think. Also, keep in mind that i am eating higher carb because i am breast feeding...
and I work night shift and dont get to bed till around 7 a.m. i usually eat my big meal first thing...

turkey wrapped around chedder cheese and a small handful of mixed nuts and ten veggie straws 10 carb (while waiting for my hubby to get home with the chicken)
3 monzerella sticks *bad bad bad* 24 carb
roasted chicken breast w greens w vinegar and steamed cabbage
2tbs peanut butter and 1 serv of veggie straws 19 carbs
half of a candy bar *sigh* 12 carb = 65 carbs prob more since my veggies have carbs i have also been munching here and there on the chicken *big appetite today*
I have decided to weigh on friday so I can see my progress... just so excited to see how I am doing. i will keep you all posted. ty for stopping by and any comments. drinking sparkaling water all day and peed like 20 times lol
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 03:41

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

You've only posted one meal.. What were your other two meals?

I found this thread in another forum:

http://paleohacks.com/questions/499...g#axzz1yQ2UKyu3

Personally, I think a whole foods diet would be best - e.g. rather than snacking on veggie sticks, proper veggies would be better - you could get two big generous colourful salads for the 10g carbs of veggie sticks, and adding some feta cheese or an egg plus some olive oil would add more nutrients, protein and healthy fat. Having a big salad like that in the fridge for snacking on would be great. I actually have that type of salad for breakfast. Rather than the candy, you could try full fat greek yoghurt with oats, nuts and berries, or an egg-based pudding with berries.

Did you eat other meals, or was that all you ate all day? If that was all your food intake, then I recommend that you eat 3 proper meals a day, and try to make up batches of soup for starters if the meal isn't ready. If you're struggling for ideas for meals, then you could have another look at Dr. Atkins' book - there are daily menus plus recipes at the back. When you've been watching your weight, it's easy to get into the habit of under-eating or snacking, but with low-carb, you can eat more, with better nutrients, as long as you are disciplined about your carb intake.

Enjoy the diet - it's great!

Last edited by Kirsteen : Thu, Jun-21-12 at 03:56.
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 05:18

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 210/178/150 Female 5 foot 7 inches
BF:
Progress: 53%

I drink two large cups of coffee ever day at work. Each has two tbsp heavy cream in it and a few drops sweetsfree. I can't live without it. I'm still losing so I don't feel the need to go without it. Some people stall with caffiene tho. I just recently started adding a touch of coconut milk fat to my coffee too. YUM.. and the good fats that you need.. My heavy ceam keeps just fine in a small tupperware container,in my purse,no fridge either. Keep up the good work
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 06:21

BF:

[QUOTE=Kirsteen]You've only posted one meal.. What were your other two meals?

I found this thread in another forum:

http://paleohacks.com/questions/499...g#axzz1yQ2UKyu3

Personally, I think a whole foods diet would be best - e.g. rather than snacking on veggie sticks, proper veggies would be better - you could get two big generous colourful salads for the 10g carbs of veggie sticks, and adding some feta cheese or an egg plus some olive oil would add more nutrients, protein and healthy fat...

I thought i ate alot yesterday. I woke up around 330 p and went to bed around 2...plus i had a two hr nap with my 6 month old...so for lets say only ten hrs of awake time i felt i ate. my normal habits would be 3 meals per day with snacks. but since i took a day off i wanted to rest. i know i Shouldnt be snacking so much. my man bought the candy bar lol (he is against my dieting it seems). thanks for the food ideas. i will find some of these.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 07:51

Stats: 217/145/143 Female 171cm
BF:
Progress: 97%

If you weren't having proper meals, then snacks were better than nothing. :0) I've read that nursing mums should be eating about 1800-2200 calories to maintain the milk supply, and I have worked out that you had about 1000 calories, plus whatever calories were in the veggie straws..

1 slice of turkey & 1 oz cheese 150 calories
a small handful of mixed nuts 180 calories
3 mozzerella sticks 225 calories
whole chicken breast plus vegetables 200 calories
2tbs peanut butter 180 calories
half of a candy bar 100 calories
veggie straws ???

However, your portion sizes may have larger or smaller than I imagine. Try working it out on MyPlan to give you a better idea.

Just a wee tip - a lot of people on this site don't read this section of the forum, so you'd get a lot more feedback if you post your questions on the main discussion board, under Atkins or general low-carb.

Have a great day, and look after yourself and your babe. x

Last edited by Kirsteen : Thu, Jun-21-12 at 08:02.
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 08:39

Plan: atkins
Stats: 447/190/230 Male 6
BF:
Progress: 118%

It sounds like you skipped the induction stage...If you work the atkins plan you will be amazed at the results...Drop the veggie straws...Are you exercising??? I dont care how many people say you can lose weight without exercising, It will help you lose properly and make you feel better..I am looking forward to watching your results...We can do anything we set our minds to...
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 14:42

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirsteen
If you weren't having proper meals, then snacks were better than nothing. :0) I've read that nursing mums should be eating about 1800-2200 calories to maintain the milk supply, and I have worked out that you had about 1000 calories, plus whatever calories were in the veggie straws..

1 slice of turkey & 1 oz cheese 150 calories
a small handful of mixed nuts 180 calories
3 mozzerella sticks 225 calories
whole chicken breast plus vegetables 200 calories
2tbs peanut butter 180 calories
half of a candy bar 100 calories
veggie straws ???

However, your portion sizes may have larger or smaller than I imagine. Try working it out on MyPlan to give you a better idea.

Just a wee tip - a lot of people on this site don't read this section of the forum, so you'd get a lot more feedback if you post your questions on the main discussion board, under Atkins or general low-carb.

Have a great day, and look after yourself and your babe. x

Thats so nice that you would figure that out for me! My portions especially on the veggies and meat are larger. I eat double on my servings of vegetables.

I will check out the other boards later. I would like to get more feedback, so thanks for the heads up! Its kind of hard for me to find as much time to get one here, so I really don't hve a whole lot of time to work on the "my plan" portion of the site, but when I can I will certainly check it out. Thanks again!!!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jun-21-12, 14:45

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slmrickman
It sounds like you skipped the induction stage...If you work the atkins plan you will be amazed at the results...Drop the veggie straws...Are you exercising??? I dont care how many people say you can lose weight without exercising, It will help you lose properly and make you feel better..I am looking forward to watching your results...We can do anything we set our minds to...

Yes, I have skipped the induction stage because, as I have mentioned, I am breast feeding my baby. I tried induction a couple months ago and my supply plummeted. Also, since she is taking so much of my energy and the long nights and overtime at work, not including my 8yr old, house work and cooking, I haven't felt much like exercising. But I know you are right. I am going to try to get back on that path... Thanks so much for your words of wisdom!!!