Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Feb-25-13, 09:17
Registered Member

Plan: 4 corners
Stats: 203/190/135 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:

i know linderella, but, even though i love my two new little dogs, i still think of rusty everyday. for some reason, we had a real connection but it was probably cause i had him for 11 years. ive had gus and ginny only a few months and they are both sweet little dogs. i guess i will have a different type of relationship with them as they are very different than him in everyway.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sat, Mar-02-13, 11:43

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

My sympathies for all who have lost pets. You'll never forget them, as several have said, but it will get better.

I read and admired Barry Groves books. I've been an all or nothing lowcarber and 100 carbs gave me too many temptations.

I'm experimenting with what carbs I can handle, and what I can't. I've had luck with Protein Power, 30 to 40 net carbs a day, but there have been times when I've eaten something with sugar, and that made sticking to plan difficult.
  #48   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-13, 09:17
Registered Member

Plan: 4 corners
Stats: 203/190/135 Female 5 ft
BF:
Progress:

i will let you guys in on a little secret; the only way i have been able to stay on this long term is to have "cheat" days. i eat some things i've been missing like corn, potatoe, bread...just a day now and then and i never gain any weight back, i continue to lose. for me, its enough to keep me going and i dont have above 72 carbs any other day.(life without bread amount)
  #49   ^
Old Sun, Mar-03-13, 14:13
Registered Member

Plan: JUDDD / Fast 5
Stats: 293/163/163 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I rarely ever cheat, partly because I am only half way through to my goal. I plan to allow myself that liberty eventually.

The times that I have cheated (from pressure), I did not go into a binge, but I was able to go directly back to my diet the following day. From what I've read, a lot of people cannot handle a cheat day. I can understand where you're coming from. All power to you.
  #50   ^
Old Fri, May-24-13, 20:56

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 186/181.5/125 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 7%

I feel best on 60-80 grams per day but now that I'm 50, the weight loss has really slowed. I originally lost 53 pounds doing this but with a disability and lots of steroids and bedridden, I gained it back. now I'm working to get it off AGAIN!