Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#91   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 09:33
Keto Lab Rat

Plan: Low carb...WB detox...IF
Stats: 240/201.8/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:The Lab Rats :-)
Progress: 42%

Thanks for the heads up on the race Serea. It may turn into a reading day yet!

Jean, Baby is tracking in dirt today as well as she has been going under the deck. Kitty footprints all across the kitchen floor. Ron has been trying to teach her to wipe her feet!!

Congrats on the loss Nonna!!

Liz, hope your hand is better soon.

Anybody heard from Sue and Gus the Atkins dog lately?
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 09:38
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Sue had a cute picture of Gus on facebook this weekend.
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 09:43

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 156/126.4/125 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 95%

Nonna and Blue, thanks for letting me know what you do. And Nonna my flight WAS late but only about 1/2 hour. Most of the snow was north and west from Detroit.

Jey, thanks for the link. you are so thoughtful.

I have been out of town in Detroit for the weekend. I went lower in carbs last week but not as low as you. Then this weekend I was at a conference and ate my coconut flour pancakes and a few eggs a hamburger without the bun and the meat out of the conference sandwiches. Not a lot of food. But amazingly I was not hungry.

So, I am sure my calories were down and carbs too. And I lost 3 lbs. Thanks so much for this thread and all the input. FINALLY!!!
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:01

Stats: 245/200/200 Male 73 inches
BF:
Progress:

Good morning everyone.

Lisa thanks for the berry info. No good reason for me not having a food scale. I am very consistent with portions (obviously very conservative and perhaps consistently wrong) but it seems to work for me.

I guess it goes back to the way I feed animals. I use a lined 2 lb coffee can as reference, then adjust in reaction to the animal as they are each a bit different
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:04

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 100%

Lois...the race is cancelled for this afternoon but it looks clear late this afternoon and they are planning on waving the green flag shortly after 7 this evening.

I was watching one of the shows this morning that shows the Oscar dresses ( I love looking at the dresses) and when Octavia Spencer (the winner of best supporting actress) was interviewed about her dress.....she was asked what was in her purse....among other things, she said that she had an Atkins bar. I wonder if she is doing Atkins or only carried it for a snack.
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:18
Keto Lab Rat

Plan: Low carb...WB detox...IF
Stats: 240/201.8/150 Female 5' 3"
BF:The Lab Rats :-)
Progress: 42%

Way to go Pam. Awesome!!

Yep, I just saw that Serea. Makes Ron happy as he can watch it tonight too.

Thanks for the update on Sue and Gus, Blue.

Mitch, I could probably measure a days food by coffee can too!!

Octavia Spencer?? Never heard of her but if she's an Atkins girl, I like her!!
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:27
Registered Member

Stats: 154/148/138 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 38%

Good morning everyone! Had a very busy weekend, but did manage to go to the grocery store and stock up on fresh veggies and other good stuff. I tried an Atkins shake for the first time today. It was nice to have something that tasted sweet with my hardboiled eggs. I also haven't been tracking for quite awhile now so I logged back in to Fatsecret and put all my food in for today. Feels good to be back in control of my diet again.

Lois - if you ever manage to get a pet to wipe their feet, please let me know your secret. My two furbabies track mud in the house all the time. SO annoying!
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:40

Plan: Atkins/DADR
Stats: 246/190.5/156 Female 5'10"
BF:27.3
Progress: 62%

Pam..3 lb loss is great..Yippeee
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:42

Stats: 183/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lois55

I have no idea who this Denise or Keyes are but, like Blue, I experiment on myself and just eliminate/incorporate as needed. Hell, about the time I get something figured out, I have to change something anyway!! I'm down a half a pound from the four I gained so hopefully I can lose another couple this week.
!!

Hi all
Yes Lois a n=1 is the best way to figure out what your body will handle! I really like Denise. She is a very smart girl, she is so young tho lol, she really tore apart the china study. I don't think she said Keys was absolutely correct just not technically wrong. I also don't believe she does bad science
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:45

Stats: 183/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 94%

Oh and I had typed a big long MSG and tried to put in an icon and so had to redo the message and left out;
I have been maintaining for a couple of yrs now and have started to gain. ( Not sure what to do. Been tracking but no change. Unpleased!
  #101   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:51

BF:

http://www.popsugar.com.au/Octavia-...Oscars-21930310

I so love her dress. I have not gone to the movies for years but at this time of year I watch stuff to see the dresses from the awards shows.....it is my "thing"....love fancy dresses.
  #102   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:51

Plan: Low Carb High Fat (LCHF)
Stats: 268/242/160 Female 5' 8-1/2"
BF:too much
Progress: 24%

Good morning. Still catching up, but...

Blue, I know what you mean about the movies. We rarely go – maybe once or twice a year. The last theater we went to, just a couple of months ago, had a big sign in the lobby that said they had a zero tolerance for cell phones, that if a phone went off or otherwise disrupted things, the person(s) would be asked to leave and would receive no refund. Not sure how widespread this policy is, but was good to see.
  #103   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:52
Registered Member

Stats: 196/170/163 Male 65
BF:
Progress: 79%

A new thread,
Well you all thought you would lose me hahahaha

NEVER.

Hello everyone.

Have a great day. Time to go workout.
  #104   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 10:53

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorris47
Oh and I had typed a big long MSG and tried to put in an icon and so had to redo the message and left out;
I have been maintaining for a couple of yrs now and have started to gain. ( Not sure what to do. Been tracking but no change. Unpleased!

Drat eh !! You are not alone with that happening. It seems to happen to a lot of people and the way they handle it is so very different. Not a fun thing to go through.
  #105   ^
Old Mon, Feb-27-12, 11:01

Plan: Mostly Fung/IDM
Stats: 165/138.4/135 Female 63
BF:???/better/???
Progress: 89%

Quote:
Originally Posted by knorris47

That IS disturbing. The last I heard you'd gone a little lower than your original goal? This is so obvious, but have you added any new food, increased portions? Cut back on movement? The biological urge to regain lost weight seems to be so strong... I know nothing I can say will really help, but you certainly have my sympathy, Karen.
Closed Thread