Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > LC Parenting & Pregnancy
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-12, 06:20

Plan: Pregnant - LC/Moderate
Stats: 220/203/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 28%

Hi everyone.. I've been peeking at this thread for a while but have only just officially joined your ranks- due in mid-September if all goes well- and wanted to thank you for sharing your experiences. It's really helpful to be able to read through everything while trying to plan for maintaining a healthy diet!

Eriksgirl, hope you're doing alright. Sending good thoughts.
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-12, 12:41

Plan: low-carb/high-fat
Stats: 324/184/150 Female 5.5 feet
BF:
Progress: 80%

Welcome, verde!

I had my growth scan ultrasound this morning - I'll be 29 weeks tomorrow. Baby was head down (which is good) and folded in half with his feet up by his face, so no way to confirm the sex in that position! According to the measurements, he weighs approximately 2 pounds 10 ounces, which puts him in the 28th percentile for his gestational age. Here's hoping he stays relatively small (but not unhealthy small) through delivery!
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Jan-09-12, 15:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 232/208.8/154 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean7
Exercise? HA! None. I've been having trouble even just STANDING without getting dizzy or lightheaded. I was preparing some meals today to freeze and had to actually sit right down on the kitchen floor multiple times because just standing at the counter working with the food made me very woozy every few minutes. Grocery shopping this morning wiped me out to the point I came home and took a nap! I've even nearly passed out before while taking a shower.

Yuck. I think I actually did too much exercise last week, Saturday my belly was VERY sore and VERY tender. Took a few tylenol, put my feet up.
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-12, 12:33

Plan: mix of Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 218/146.2/133 Female 5, 5'
BF:26
Progress: 84%

Welcome Verde!

Jill, you are so close. Pregnancy seems to go a lot faster when other people are pregnant! lol.

We have our ultrasound Friday, but aren't finding out the sex of the baby which is killing me. I'm nervous and excited about seeing the little person. I hope everything is forming and working properly. I had a terrible eating day yesterday. It is amazing how crappy that can make you feel. Back on track today thank God. Have any of you had any cyber stalkers on this site? This other girl that I follow is dealing with that, and it is making me super parannoyed.
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Jan-10-12, 13:17

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eirelav
Welcome Verde!

Jill, you are so close. Pregnancy seems to go a lot faster when other people are pregnant! lol.

We have our ultrasound Friday, but aren't finding out the sex of the baby which is killing me. I'm nervous and excited about seeing the little person. I hope everything is forming and working properly. I had a terrible eating day yesterday. It is amazing how crappy that can make you feel. Back on track today thank God. Have any of you had any cyber stalkers on this site? This other girl that I follow is dealing with that, and it is making me super parannoyed.

There are lots of cyber stalkers. That's why it's bad to put too much personal information out there Wish it wasn't that way.
  #81   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 07:04

BF:

Quote:
Have any of you had any cyber stalkers on this site? This other girl that I follow is dealing with that, and it is making me super parannoyed.

I've been on lots of forums and social networking sites and whatnot and have never been "stalked." As long as the "stalking" remains "cyber," then just ignore the person. I wouldn't get paranoid unless something started happening in person.
  #82   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 09:21

Plan: Paleo/atkins
Stats: 289/155/150 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 96%

Nice to meet you verde!!

Well ya'll I'm getting concerned. As some of you might know. I've had high blood pressure in the past and managed to control it with diet and exercise.

Now I'm running a steady 130+ over 88
The NEW stats are 140/90. which to me is nuts because I get massive headaches when I hit over 130 for my top number.

Wish I knew what to do naturally to bring it down a bit. don't know if they'll treat it as toxemia or just regular high bp. If there is a difference.
But this little guy is getting sooooo strong!! His Daddy already felt him kick. My hubby is so cute at first he was shy of rubbing my belly at night. Now he loves it.
He was already weighing 10 1/2 oz last week at the ultrasound and eeeekkkkkk has a rather large head like his sister!! Talk about ring of fire. 13 1/2 inch head again? I sure hope not!!
  #83   ^
Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 11:04

BF:

kaylakala - wow, you're feeling movement early! I didn't feel movement until about 20-21 weeks, and my husband couldn't feel it outside until just a couple weeks ago (so around 26-27 weeks). How exciting!

For the blood pressure, I know some here on this forum swear by taking certain types of magnesium supplements to help with blood pressure, so maybe you want to look into that. My doc hasn't been concerned with mine hovering JUST around and even slightly above the 120/80 mark because it's been consistent there, but if yours is actually increasing instead of holding steady, I'd be paying attention, too. Make sure you're staying very well hydrated!
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Jan-12-12, 03:49

Plan: low carb/high fat
Stats: 179/154/135 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 57%

Hi, all!!! Just a quick update. Had an ultrasound and baby is measuring 39 weeks. She is thinking that she got my due date wrong. Blah. She changed it to Jan31. Anyway, this little one will get here when he's good and ready so I'm not worried about it. It does make me feel better that he is a good size and healthy.

As far as LCing, well, I've completely gone haywire. LOL Oh well, I'll do better when I'm BFing. lol

Verde.....welcome and Congrats!!!!!

Kaylakala, ouch, on the blood pressure. Mine shot up with my last pregnancy and those headaches can be brutal. I agree with Jill about magnesium. That is what they'll give you if you end up in the hospital with high BP. I hope it calms down for you. hugs

eirelav.....not finding out the sex would be torture for me. lol Kuddos to you!!
  #85   ^
Old Sat, Jan-14-12, 14:47

BF:

Thanks guys! I forgot about the magnesium!! I'll have to order some.
Most of my bp problems stem from my ex husband.
  #86   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-12, 14:53

BF:

I am 22 weeks and won't get my ultrasound til I'm 23 weeks. I scheduled it SOOOO late, I am such a bad mom

I felt the baby kick starting at 14 or 15 weeks, Jilly- my husband started around 18 or 19 weeks. I think it's different with second babies.
  #87   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-12, 16:26

BF:

I think katzue is right about that. This is my third. Of course my other 2 were soooo long ago I don't really remember!

OH its not bad to take your time to schedule the 20 week ultrasound. Because of my age and the special tests I kinda didn't even want one!!
  #88   ^
Old Sun, Jan-15-12, 21:10

Plan: mix of Atkins/Paleo
Stats: 218/146.2/133 Female 5, 5'
BF:26
Progress: 84%

Jeez, my LCing has gone haywire too! How's everyone doing?
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-12, 08:03

BF:

Quote:
Jeez, my LCing has gone haywire too! How's everyone doing?

ha, still about half a mile behind the wagon! My husband is about to go pick us up some Chick-fil-A breakfast :P

Work is very busy - I was supposed to be off today for the Federal holiday, but I ended up working about 8 hours over the weekend and already a couple hours this morning with more heading my way later today.

My parents visited for the weekend, and we got started on painting our crib that I got for free from a friend whose child had just recently moved up to a regular bed. It's a nice solid crib with atached changing table - I just HATE the orangey/honey colored finish (it neither goes with the nursery set nor with my personal tastes!). But, it was free, so I happily accepted it and decided to "just" paint it. HA! What a freaking project! 3 adults (me and both my parents) worked on that thing all day Saturday and Sunday, and it's still not done! Plus I spent about $100 in supplies between the primer/paint, brushes/rollers, de-glosser, etc., and I could have just BOUGHT a white crib off of craigslist for that amount! *sigh* live and learn...
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Jan-16-12, 08:09

BF:

I have been eating more carbs, but not bad carbs. I've been eating a lot of fruit and added some sweet potatoes or whole wheat pasta into my diet... and i only exercised twice last week. I've been sooo thirsty, like drinking 120+oz water per day. I've gained a few lbs this last week, I'm thinking it's water weight (made some salty split pea soup the other day!!!) If it sticks around- I will be at 11 lbs weight gain already at 22 weeks