Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Paleolithic & Neanderthin
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-11, 12:16
Paleo and proud!

Plan: Paleo / Primal
Stats: 210/175.6/168 Female 70 inches
BF:40%/34.4%/30%
Progress: 82%

Hello everyone! I have fallen off the wagon. BUT all is not lost. I will get straight back on it. For some reason I'm not as focused this time round, but I think I am managing to stick to the 80/20 rule, despite the point of this month being 100%!!

Well, I hope everyone is doing better than I have!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-11, 13:01

Plan: <50g a day, gluten-free
Stats: 202.8/180.6/145 Female 5'7
BF:
Progress: 38%

I just spent 4 days in NYC with my mom to celebrate her 60th so, nope Oblong, you are not the only one not following the plan 100%

Back on the wagon today. Hamburger with caramelized onions, mushrooms, and homemade guac for dinner!
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Nov-15-11, 13:51
Registered Member

Plan: Paleo-ish
Stats: 156.0/150.6/140.0 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Same here That leaving meal I went on set me up for a week of eating all kinds of rubbish. Got back on the wagon on Sunday though. I found my resolve by reading a few threads on the general low carb board about other people struggling. A good motto I read was "fall down seven times, get up eight". As someone else said, you're not failing as long as you keep trying!
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-11, 15:56
Paleo and proud!

Hey everyone, just checking in. How's it going?

Unfortunately November just wasn't my month! I was in danger of losing it so I had to relax the rules and revert back to Primal. But it's all still going well despite not sticking strictly to the rules. I'm excited to see how much weight I will have lost on Thursday morning
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-11, 16:57

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%

I had a few off-plan meals, but nothing too major. Despite wanting to be 100% committed to the Whole 30 outline these past few months, I haven't done it as cleanly as I would have liked. I am even back on coffee again, I got a little cold and coffee is what gave my congestion the most relief. Oh well.

While my attempts have not been fully successful, I have still seen good results, I think more results than I would have experienced than if my head were not in Whole 30, so all is not lost . I think it's worth it to keep trying, but not get bent out of sorts if things aren't going perfectly.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Nov-29-11, 20:06
Registered Member

Plan: lowcarb 90/10 paleo juddd
Stats: 165/122/115 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

It has been medium-okay. I was doing great with the no smoking, the 1 Tbsp of HWC (which was my only dairy and a significant change for me). I got over my habit of eating nuts completely and dropped the occasional cheese. I had a few candy binges.

Then Thanksgiving hit: I had turkey, gravy I made with arrowroot powder, asparagus with butter and pepper. I scooped out about a quarter cup of cornbread stuffing, took the first bite, and immediately took it out of my mouth. It was gross gross gross in mouthfeel and not as tasty as I was expecting. I baked some wonderful organic yams to go with. Skipped the mashed potatoes and rolls. I ate the meringue and lemon filling from a small piece of pie.

So far so good, but on Friday, we had a huge family blowup between two of my kids that ended up in a big fight with my husband and resulted in--I hate to admit this: I bought a pack of cigs and started smoking :-( It did not cause any binge eating though.

My clothes that were a little too tight but wearable fit properly.

Overall, I feel ok-ish about this W30 attempt. When I think about it, my September trial resulted in giving up cigs (new quit day is Dec 1, btw). November helped me end an increasing reliance on nuts and ditch the cheese. I am going to keep moving forward; each time I set aside a month to make a change, something good comes of it.
  #37   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 10:54
Registered Member

BF:

Well it's done and it certainly wasn't a Whole 30 for me, but then it never is. I have stuck with it quite well over the last 2 weeks though. Perhaps I've set my goal weight too low as I don't seem to lose very much no matter how strict I am, but I'm down to 144.3lbs today. I have also lost (from previous measurement) 5cm on my abdomen from my previous lowest measurement.
I'm currently eating 2 apples a day so that probably doesn't help, slightly at a loss what to replace them with though.

I suppose I'll be back in January or February! Fail again, fail better?
  #38   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 12:06
Paleo and proud!

At the start I weighed 185.8lbs. I weighed myself yesterday morning and the scales said I was 175.6lbs. This month has been a success, despite not sticking to strict Paleo!
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 12:23

Plan: general LC
Stats: 191/140/133 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 88%

That is fantastic, oblong!!! What great motivation
  #40   ^
Old Thu, Dec-01-11, 12:58
Registered Member

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblong
At the start I weighed 185.8lbs. I weighed myself yesterday morning and the scales said I was 175.6lbs. This month has been a success, despite not sticking to strict Paleo!

Bravo! That really is quite something, you must be so pleased!
  #41   ^
Old Sun, Dec-04-11, 21:08

Plan: Paleo/Atkins
Stats: 206/179/130 Female 5'5.5''
BF:
Progress: 36%

I read this thread as I've been meaning to try a Whole30 and Oblong, that's an awesome result! You're inspiring me to give it a go.