Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Studies & Research / Media Watch > Low-Carb War Zone
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 16:28

Plan: my own
Stats: 224/182/165 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 71%

I love this journalist's approach...

Quote:
Are you a man who cares about animals but thinks it is fine to treat women like one?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandst...egan-strip-club
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 20:03
Registered Member

Plan: Ketogenic
Stats: 232/202/120 Female 5'3
BF:Insane
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh
I love this journalist's approach...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandst...egan-strip-club

LOL. That quote sounds like my father. Except he's not a vegan. He's nicer to my dog.
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 20:32
Lipivore

Plan: Very Low Carb Paleo
Stats: 270/185/180 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 94%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas1492
RawNut I got tons of stories... And yes many of my friends tell me to write a book,but that's not my style..You need to start a journal!! That way we could share stories!! You are always welcome to post in mine!!

My life is pretty boring. No one would want to read my journal. I'll have to look yours up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
After reading Lierre Keith's fantastic book, I have come to feel that such fanatics are truly anti-life; in all its lovely forms. It's really acknowledging that animal life contributes to our own in many many ways and we cannot extricate ourselves from the Cycle of Life. But they keep trying. And go crazy.

I'm going to have to buy her book just to support her. I think it's horrible what the B-12 deficient vegans did to her.
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 22:41

Stats: 500/408/300 Male 73 inches
BF:toodamnmuch
Progress: 46%

Quote:
My life is pretty boring. No one would want to read my journal. I'll have to look yours up.

Nice try Bro,but it doesn't pass the BS sniff test!! I've been reading your posts and you're a smart,funny guy.. The fact you have an Ex,and were a Raw Vegan has got to be enough stories to fill at least a cpl of books right there!!
  #35   ^
Old Tue, Sep-27-11, 23:27
Registered Member

Stats: 232/202/120 Female 5'3
BF:Insane
Progress: 27%

Quote:
Nice try Bro,but it doesn't pass the BS sniff test!! I've been reading your posts and you're a smart,funny guy.. The fact you have an Ex,and were a Raw Vegan has got to be enough stories to fill at least a cpl of books right there!!

lol ...an ex-raw "vegan? Did I miss the reason for quitting and coming here?
  #36   ^
Old Wed, Sep-28-11, 06:04

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Quote:
Pam I really hope they used gloves,or they might need to get some blood work done!!
This is a sticker we used to buy in truckstops,and put on our doors to warn the "ladies" away...

It seldom worked.. Once I was at the "5th Wheel" truckstop in Lufkin,TX.,and I had only 4 hours to get some rest...I park on the back of the lot and I lay down and 15 min later I hear knocking on my door!! I look out the window and there is a skanky blonde hanging on the side of my truck..She asks me"Hey driver,do you want some company??" and I told her no I'm not interested,go away! I lay back down and a hour later I'm awakened again by knocking on the door!!I push open my vent window in the bunk and holler,"Go away!! I'm not interested!! I'm trying to sleep!!"
I doze back off and for the THIRD time I wake up from knocking on the door of my truck!! I opened the vent window and yelled "I got a Colt .44 under the seat and if you knock one more time I'll put a bullet in you where you stand!!!" (I really didn't have a gun,but I knew she didn't know that!!)..She never knocked on my door again..Unfortunately a hour later it was time to get up and drive for the next 20 hours straight,and I felt like crap!! That was a looong day..

Actually, your complaint is the same I heard over and over and the reason I was chosen to go and 'straighten up' these 'working man truckstop motels' was because I was an environmental tech trained in HIV/related disease cleaning.

Once we came in and did our restorations though, we saw more 'families' also using teh motels because all the ones we restored were near 'touristy' areas, including this last one. Eventually...it was torn down which is a shame because the last thing a long haul trucker deserves is a HUGE room rate at the end of a day just to put your head down. 10 long haul truckers in our family, all 'family men' (professonal drivers get such a bad 'rap' sometimes..just because of a 'few').