Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Jul-28-11, 18:21
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Crawfish Scallop Salad

This is what I fixed for dinner tonight as our main course. But if you moderators want to move this post on over to salads, I don't have a problem with that. I couldn't decide which place to post it. This was very tasty! And very filling! It is pictured here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2011/0...-scallop-salad/

This is a very nice light dinner for summer when you don’t want to heat up the kitchen. It goes together in minutes and is acceptable for Induction. Though I put avocado and radish in mine this evening for this picture, they added nothing to the flavor and I won’t add those in future. This can be served as a main course or as a side salad. As a side salad, it would probably make 6 small side salads, as it is quite rich. Other possibilities would include squid (cut into rings), shrimp, or mussels or whole fresh clams if you’re lucky enough to have access to them.

INGREDIENTS:

12 oz. crawfish tails (I buy the frozen, cooked tails in a clear bag)
4 oz. sea scallops (cut into bite-sized pieces if using the very large sea scallops)
1 stick butter, unsalted
¼ my Seafood Spice Blend: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2009/0...od-spice-blend/
1 c. green onion tops, chopped in ½” pieces
¼ c. parsley, chopped
2 T. Boursin cheese (your choice of available flavors, I used Garlic and Fine Herbs)
Juice of ½ lemon
6 large leaves Romaine lettuce broken up
½ small cucumber, sliced
½ mild green pepper, seeded and sliced thin (your choice on type)
1 oz. red bell pepper, sliced
Sprinkle of your favorite thickener, if desired

DIRECTIONS: Prepare salad greens and arrange of serving platter or salad plates and set in refrigerator for the time being. In a non-stick skillet, melt the stick of butter. Add green onions, parsley, spice and saute until onions are just beginning to soften. Add seafood and saute until fully cooked. Add lemon juice and Boursin cheese and blend until smooth. I add a tiny sprinkle of thickener and simmer 1-2 minutes so the sauce just coats the seafood. You can add 1-2 T. heavy cream and reduce, or add a little more Boursin cheese for thickening purposes if you prefer.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 4 servings, each contains:

389 calories
30.4 g fat
8.40 g carbs, 2.15 g fiber, 6.35 g NET CARBS
21.4 g protein
550 mg sodium

55% RDA Vitamin A, 94% B12, 45% C, 15% E, 10% calcium, 75% copper, 25% iron, 19% magnesium, 35% manganese, 20% niacin, 47% phosphorous, 16% riboflavin, 71% selenium, 26% zinc and 333 mg potassium

Last edited by Buttoni : Fri, Jul-29-11 at 16:22.
Sponsored Links