Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, May-31-11, 18:15
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Tilapia with Seafood Wine Sauce

This dish is pictured here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2011/0...ood-wine-sauce/

We were spoiled living on Galveston Island for so many years. I live in Central Texas now, with not so good seafood, mostly frozen. I simply love a good baked fish with delightful things on top and made this for dinner tonight. I had 1/3 c. leftover homemade cream cheese crab dip I wanted to use up and some crawfish (crayfish to you northerners ) I wanted to use up. This came out wonderful, if I do say so myself, even if it wasn’t fresh caught seafood! This is NOT Induction friendly unless you leave out the wine. As I always say, won’t be quite as good, but doable! I have used this type sauce on whole baked/broiled flounder before, but only those well-versed in negotiating the bones in a flounder should try this, as the bones might get mixed up in the sauce if you’re not careful. This is an incredibly EASY dish that is on the table in about 20 minutes!

INGREDIENTS:

2 6-oz. Tilapia filets (I used Swai, but any mild filet will do)
2 T. butter, unsalted (for broiling fish)
1/8 tsp. my Seafood Spice Blend: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2009/0...od-spice-blend/
4 T. more butter, unsalted
½ c. chopped green onion
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 T. mayonnaise
2 T. white wine (omit if in Induction)
Dash black pepper
4 oz. crawfish tails
1 oz. white crab meat

DIRECTIONS: Melt the 2T. butter in a baking pan in a preheating broiler. Add Seafood Spice blend and stir. Dip and coat both sides of the fish with the seasoned butter and broil until fish is completely done (about 8-10 minutes).

While fish is broiling, make the seafood sauce. Melt remaining 4T. butter in non-stick skillet. Add green onion and sute until tender but still bright green. Add cream cheese and blend with spoon. Add mayo and all remaining ingredients and simmer until fish is done. This is just the right amount of sauce for two servings. Double recipe for more filets/servings.

Remove fish from broiling pan to serving plates and top with sauce. I like to serve this with asparagus, broccoli or a green salad.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: Makes 2 servings, each contains:

647 calories
55 g fat
2.95 g carbs, .65 g fiber, 2.3 g NET CARBS
38.35 g protein
1285 mg sodium

61% RDA Vitamin A, 115% B12, 60% copper, 64% selenium, 22% E, 40% phosphorous, 27% zinc, 22% iron, 21% manganese and 330 mg potassium (very healthy, despite the fat and naturally occurring sodium )
Sponsored Links