Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Main dishes
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, May-18-11, 18:28
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%
Default Lebanese Baked Chicken

The picture for this dish is here: http://buttoni.wordpress.com/2009/0...-baked-chicken/

Our best friends in Dallas have taken us several times to a wonderful little Lebanese restaurant in Ft. Worth named Hedary’s. It has been family operated for years. Their tabouleh and kebab is to die for! The daughters serve clay oven-baked sheet bread all the way from behind the counter, on long poles with a wooden platter at the end. They just slide it onto your table! It’s simply a wonderful dining experience.

This Induction friendly recipe is a somewhat modified version of my favorite baked chicken they do. The original dish has potato wedges, but I like to use turnips for a potato substitute, but have not included them in the info below as I don’t always include them. If you have family that are not on Atkins, I would definitely put some potato wedges in the pan and turnips for yourself. This dish is very close to Hedary’s dish. This meal is easy to put together and let the oven do the work. Cooks itself really.

INGREDIENTS:

4 T. olive oil
1 cut up whole chicken or 8 pieces
4 oz. onion cut into wedges (separate layers)
2 roma tomatoes cut into wedges
6-10 cloves garlic, (I leave half whole, mince half)
1/4 tsp. oregano
Juice of 1 lemon or lime
Dash salt and pepper

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 475º. Cut up chicken into separate pieces making 8 pieces in all. I never use the back as I simmer that for broth to freeze for other purposes or it becomes dinner for my dogs. LOL Drizzle 1 T. of the olive oil on the bottom of a large baking pan. Place chicken in pan with no overlapping, skin side up. Place tomato wedges around and in between chicken pieces. Do the same with the onion pieces and add the garlic. Now squeeze the lemon/lime over everything in the pan. Drizzle remaining olive oil over the pan contents as well. Lightly sprinkle some oregano over all (about 1/4 tsp). Bake 30 minutes at 500º. Baste with pan juices, lower heat and bake another 20-30 minutes at 350º or to internal temperature of 170º on a meat thermometer. Baste with pan juices before serving at table.

NUTRITIONAL INFO: (does NOT include potato/turnips, if you add them)

Serves 4, each 2 pc. serving contains:

447 calories
30.4 g fat
7.98 g carbs
1.1 g fiber
34.8 g protein
approx. 39 mg. sodium
6.88 g NET CARBS
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-19-11, 17:02

Plan: Primal-ish
Stats: 212/181/150 Female 64"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I will try this! I really enjoy your recipes, thanks.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, May-19-11, 19:45
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I'm so happy to share them with everyone here. Hope you like this!