Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Pre-Maintenance & Maintenance
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, May-23-11, 08:54
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Well, you certainly help ME, so stick around.

I have several danger signals that I'm about to go off track:
--I stop weighing every day.
--I stop visiting this Forum every day.
--I stop reading my low-carb bibles (you know what I'm talkin' about)

So, this place isn't really about helping others. It's about helping myself.

I hear you!!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, May-23-11, 11:55

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
Well, you certainly help ME, so stick around.

I have several danger signals that I'm about to go off track:
--I stop weighing every day.
--I stop visiting this Forum every day.
--I stop reading my low-carb bibles (you know what I'm talkin' about)

So, this place isn't really about helping others. It's about helping myself.

I agree with you, Judy that it does get frustrating trying to help <some> people here....but there are some that actually want to be helped and that makes me smile. I also agree with you, Barbara....it's not just about helping others, but helping myself stay focused.

I stopped doing all of those things you listed above and gained back 20 lbs.....so all those things are on my must do list now as well.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jun-01-11, 19:28

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 248/149.2/148 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 99%

I lost 110 or so lbs. in 1995...low carb..so very few of my friends remember me fat...even my kids dont remember...so I am often accused of not understanding what its like...I REMEMBER..I will never forget..Even the friends I had back then dont remember...I had a picture of my before in a collage in my hall....so many people said "who is that?"

Judy..I feel the very same way.......its so hard to see people on the board want validation for cheating...or binging...Ive been here on and off since 2003.

.Ive gone up 20 lbs a couple of times
and yes Im horrified....Judy has been consistent and constant here......she is my inspiration that I dont have to go up20 lbs every few years...I WILL conquor that pattern!
Ive seen so many people come and go over the yrs...some having regained the wt and more....( I have no illusions I could be one of those people)....I need the maintain board more than the general boards...to learn the things I need to learn..how to defeat carb creep.....how to be accountable...

There are so many people on the regular board that want to lose wt without really changing their life.........those that make it "get" the life change part of this....and accountability w/ people like Judy is ESSENTIAL. \

thank you , Judy
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 05:26
MAINTAINING ON CALP

Plan: CALP/CAHHP
Stats: 180/125/150 Female 65 in
BF:
Progress: 183%

hi-
I also agree with Barbara. Good points! For me I also have to look out for that little voice in my head saying things like "you are maintaining, so what?.... just this once......a little won't hurt.....everyone else is doing it......that would taste so good right now........I'm tired of being different...."
I still hear this stuff, but at least talking back to it is easier. "Come on- you know this is how you eat... you've already decided.....a little will hurt... stay on plan....this is how I NEED to eat to feel good....I am responsible for my life- no one else....just do it....."

We are all in it for the long haul- this is it. It is sooo nice to have other people to 'talk' to who really understand.

E
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 07:28

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Quote:
I'm tired of being different...."
This is the quote of my younger days. Now, in the face of the current campaign (and stigma) against obesity, I say "I'm proud of being different."

Of course, you have to hide that pride, or people think you're a judgmental prig.
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 12:41

BF:

I am different in all kinds of ways....and delight in it.......seriously...my eating has resulted in a difference in how I look feel and experience life...viva la difference!
  #22   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 12:44

BF:

"Of course, you have to hide that pride, or people think you're a judgmental prig."

Yeah I get tired of having to disqualify my statement so as not to offend...geesh...
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 14:43
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLoots
"Of course, you have to hide that pride, or people think you're a judgmental prig."

Yeah I get tired of having to disqualify my statement so as not to offend...geesh...

oy....me too!~
all kidding aside, this is an issue for me as I'm sure it is for others who've lost, and keep off, many pounds of excess weight.

I am proud of myself...and try hard to not be jugdemental....but somtimes I just can't help it!!

Deborah! I had no idea that you've lost 100 lbs and kept it off for years!!
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 15:06

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

This is an awesome thread - just sayin'. Thank you all for posting these things. As someone who is still trying to wrap her head around the life-longness of this, this is truly helpful.
  #25   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 16:24

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 213/141/150 Female 5'4 1/2"
BF:
Progress: 114%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonahsafta
I need the maintain board more than the general boards...to learn the things I need to learn..how to defeat carb creep.....how to be accountable...

There are so many people on the regular board that want to lose wt without really changing their life.........those that make it "get" the life change part of this....and accountability w/ people like Judy is ESSENTIAL. \

Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judynyc
I am proud of myself...and try hard to not be jugdemental....but somtimes I just can't help it!!

I have the same trouble. Sometimes I just want to shake people. Most of the time I just keep quiet and move on, but other times I just can't help myself and have to speak up.
  #26   ^
Old Thu, Jun-02-11, 16:59

BF:

I have to bite my fingers to keep from typing...

Sometimes I dont think its judgemental......sometimes...but a lot of times its more like speaking forth an unpopular truth...

Most of us want to believe the "rules" dont apply to us...we can do it our way and beat the system...

I confess...the rules are what work...the times I thought I could do it"my way" ended in regain.....but thats just me