Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > TOF's (The Over Fifty's)
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#46   ^
Old Sun, May-01-11, 10:21

Plan: none
Stats: 200/186/160 Female 5'7'
BF:
Progress: 35%

Good morning, Ladies! I'm finally coloring my hair!! Badly needed. Then I'll do a trim! I've been looking pretty bad lately-I think it reflects how I've been feeling!!

To answer your question, Vicki-yes I have an E-ci-big waste of money for me-I hate it so I don't and won't use it. Rich uses his so he can puff whenever he wants-as for helping him quit-no way!! I am waiting til he leaves Thur. That will give me 5 days without him to tempt me. And because he's going to Biloxi, I will be so mad by the time he gets back, I won't allow him to show any signs of smoking.

Took the day off to do my hair and get to the grocery and take a nap! had scrambled eggs/cheese for breakfast. I'm going to make a simple chicken salad to eat at work next week so I'm not tempted by the good stuff!

I have done WW with limited success. It allows me to make bad choices and stay within the points. For the most part I was always hungry and thinking about my next meal. It's a great plan for many. I need more limitations, which don't seem limiting, if that makes any sense.

Have a great day!! I'm weighing tomorrow, too!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Sun, May-01-11, 22:39

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Glad the day is over, full of temptations. I have not been hungry and now that I'm not allowing myself some things they are all I think about. Why is that.
Austin is a Biewer. He is 5-1/2 months old and a real terrier. High energy. He is a real mess tonight. Worked a bit in the flower bed and he took that as o.k. to dig in the dirt. Uses his front paws and face. He's white with some black on his back. You can guess what he looks like now.
Hoping the news about Bin Laden being killed doesn't create more problems than his being alive. The country has had more than enough problems with weather and earth quakes for now. Took a flexeril earlier and it is starting to take effect now so will sign off. N2L
  #48   ^
Old Mon, May-02-11, 06:47

Plan: atkins
Stats: 383.8/345.4/180 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 19%

Good morning friends,got weighed today and will try and remember how to post this high,,,,terrible,,,,,discusting new weight grrrrr,well I did it to myself!! Pam you will feel better with a new hair-do,good luck with the smoking,my neighbor has the e-cig and hates it also and it didn't help her!!Still didn't get to grocery store yet but have plenty of eggs,meat and vegs. for now,will be busy today,laundry...etc.
  #49   ^
Old Mon, May-02-11, 07:16

Plan: counting carbs
Stats: 200/188/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Girlfriends.....a dreary drizzly day here AGAIN today!!! Hubby is going to the church to help with some painting in the gym area....I am going to do maybe a bit of laundry...and iron up a few things....and continue to work, hopefully finish my 2011 birthday & anniversary cards---I do a month at a time, put them in a rubber band in order in a container, then can just grap the month's cards....and all is good-to-go. I usually get it done the first part of the year, but we were so busy before we left for FL that I only completed 6 mo. Now, to finish the rest of the year. I don't write in the cards until it's time to send them...but I do address them and put on our address stickers, and stamp "happy birthday" or " happy anniversary" on the envelope!! It's a big job so I will be glad to complete it. Also, this week I am going to be packing up our little paks (get the small zip-bags outside there at the RED BARN, Pam) of vitamins. We take quite a lot so having each day's in a little pak makes it easier to just grab one each morning. I do probably 6-8 weeks at a time, so it is a big job, also...but then we have it easy for the next couple of months. I think my weighing days will be Tuesday, Thursday & Sat.....My wt loss is at 7# so I have a teensy beginning there.....but you can't lose 50# until you lose the first 7 I guess....it will be next year...hopefully when I see Pam again....that I would hope to have the wt off.....just keep plugging away, ladies....do you write down everything that goes into your mouth? I think that helps somewhat. N2L----(your first name??) tell us about this breed of dog, will you? Personally, I have never heard of it. THANKS!! Happy Monday to all!! Vicki
  #50   ^
Old Mon, May-02-11, 07:56

BF:

Good morning. Well, yesterday wasn't perfect, but I still managed to drop 2 lbs. Last night I did a late night raid on some Heath pieces that are covered in choc. I forgot they were in the fridge. I also had a glass of milk with them. During the night I had horrible reflux. I woke about 3 am with the burning cough and horrible taste. I have to get it through my thick head that I cannot eat chocolate and milk-even a little. After I finish this I will get dressed and head to the store. I will also remove anything that is a temptation to me. My goal is 10 lbs this month. I want to be back to 170 by my birthday in July. With your support I can be.

It will help me to write here what I eat each day so that I can 1) be accountable for what goes in my mouth 2) get your input on my eating. I keep my carbs under 30/day. I do eat strawberries and cantelope (when it's good) and count it in my 30 carbs. I do not pay attention to how much protein I eat. When I need recipes I go to "linda's lc recipes". So this is my plan and I'm sticking to it!
  #51   ^
Old Mon, May-02-11, 15:19

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

Hi, I'm Meg. I'll be 66 this month, retired, on my own. I'm glad to find other over-60 women here to share experiences. I'm wondering whether some of the things that are happening to my body are simply because I'm getting older every day, or also benefits/consequences of how I'm eating. Perfect example is wrinkles. I've earned them either way, but where are they coming from? Looking forward to getting to know each other.

Meg
  #52   ^
Old Mon, May-02-11, 17:53

BF:

Welcome Meg! Glad you found us. I can relate to the wrinkles-when I lose weight I am really wrinkled-more than when I'm fat. Obviously, I lose fat in the face, but I don't feel like my face is fat.

I had a hamburger patty/cheese and strawberries for lunch. I'm not feeling very hungry but I had 2 chicken thighs and green beans/almonds for dinner. Thank goodness for SF popsicles!
  #53   ^
Old Tue, May-03-11, 05:48

BF:

Another cool, beautiful morning in Bradenton. Another pound lost. That makes 6 so far.

Have a great day ladies!!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, May-03-11, 05:55

BF:

Welcome Meg,so glad you found us. Ate on plan yesterday,got to the store so made a salad with porkchops for dinner,diet sf kool-aid,64 ozs.water,sf green tea,late breakfast which is normal for me,bacon and eggs,coffee...so did good.Much to do today,starting spring cleaning,ugggg!As far as wrinkles,I really am pretty fortunate for now(face is still filled out) but most people after weight loss usually do have and the face shows,I will be anxious to see how I do because also had many,many years of smoking which also does damage,also our age...but whats a few wrinkles amongst friends,need to get started have a good day all....btw Pam,congrats on the loss you and Vicki are doing great,I'll weigh next monday.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, May-03-11, 09:03

Plan: LCHF, IF
Stats: 265/210/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 42%

It feels good to be among women who know what I mean, and can talk about it. I smoked for many years too, Glo, so the bottom half of my face is showing it now, and I guess my wattle is just where some of my chins went. Some of 'em are still there. I'm noticing that the skin on my forearms seems - thinner? Another thing that may be just age.

I had back yard hens for a while, Glo, and your name brings back happy times. I'm in Phoenix, where the weather is its own kind of strange these days, so windy that it's tiring, but the last of the under 100* days for the next five or six months.

My low-carbing is pretty strict, and I'm not losing weight. Probably just eating too much food. It's very helpful for feeling better, though, ongoing illnesses notwithstanding.

Meg
  #56   ^
Old Tue, May-03-11, 15:41

Plan: My plan, my way
Stats: 233.8/170.0/179 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 116%

Welcome Meg, love having another voice to the woes of life and weight loss for those of us over 60s. I was fortunate to have inherited my mothers skin and care for it night and day as she told us girls when pre-teenagers. That said I do think that being a bit overweight does fill in the wrinkles and helps. I'm having problems with a hanging belly. Ugh. It hangs lower as I loose. Thinking about getting one of the belly bands for maternity wear, lol, well maybe not lol.
Pam and Vicki, I'm happy to see your losses and the sharing of what you are eating is so helpful. Sugar free popsicles, do they have aspartame in them? They sound yummy.
I thought I'd do better but gave into a craving and that made today harder. Had the best scrambled egg with mushrooms, onions, and cheese at IHOP with bacon. Haven't eaten again. It is raining and maybe that will take some of the pollen out of the air. Played some FarmVille on SL and now think I'll read. It's a great curl up day and I have a new paperback book, "Indulgence in Death". DH and puppy are napping so don't want to make any noise. Waiting on DD's biopsy results, dermatologist said it would take 2 weeks but that if she was a betting woman she'd take the bet it was cancer. Prayed a lot and ate doughnuts with a coke last night. Feeling peace now and know all will be o.k. in the end. DS & his girlfriend broke up this weekend. Worried about him only because he seemed to really care for this one. I'm doing better with aches and pains, not going to take another Flexeril until really really necessary as they take forever to wear off. I'd taken one Friday night and was still feeling it yesterday. Maybe some of our other 60s group will return soon. Have a great day & evening, N2L
  #57   ^
Old Tue, May-03-11, 18:11

BF:

N2L, the popsicles have aspartame. Hanging belly? Oh, boy! The problem with hanging belly, I was told by my doc and 2 trainers, is that it never goes away unless you remove it surgically. It may get smaller, but it still "hangs" around.

I had a hamburger patty when I came home. For dunner, I had a pork chop, asparagus and strawberries.

DR appointment tomorrow, then to the store. Rich has to pack for his "trip"...He leaves Thurs. He's desperately trying to contain himself. He knows better than to say anything to me.

Have a good night!
  #58   ^
Old Wed, May-04-11, 05:58

Plan: counting carbs
Stats: 200/188/135 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 18%

Pam, what's this trip for Rich? See one of his kids, or what? Hope you all continue to have a great day.....yesterday I went shopping all day with my two best school (elemen--middle--HS) friends....we've been friends so long we have kinda grown together!! Ate at a Mex. restaurant.....had a taco salad.....but I did indulge on some of the 'chips'---had 1/2 apple last night with some cheese. Today it's another cloudy morning---I hope it stops raining for a while---the farmers are usually working the fields by now....and even plating corn. That isn't going to happen, now, until everything dries---and it's so soaked, I wonder. They say the magic date for planting the corn is May 10 and we are to have more tain this week.....so that pushes it back even more!!! It's difficult being a farmer!!! We are NOT farmers, but my dad did farm in his younger years, and even until I was about 5---DH grew up on a farm and helped even some after we were married. Meg...I live in NE Indiana. DH and I are retired almost 10 yrs from our Propane Business. We live in the country on over an acre---close to 2 I think--of his parents' farm......his brother lives on the "home place" and still owns some of the land. Keep trying ladies...some days go better than others!! Vicki
  #59   ^
Old Wed, May-04-11, 06:19

BF:

Rich and my brother are going to Biloxi to gamble and fish. Mostly gamble. I'm not a happy camper.

Off to the doctor. Didn't sleep last night. I was still awake at 3:30. Good news is I'm down another 2 lbs.

have a great day!
  #60   ^
Old Wed, May-04-11, 07:17

BF:

OMG,I was up every hour on the hour peeeeeeeing,I know it's a good sign but a pain. Meg,I collect roosters and have for years,(not real) hence the name.But I am about collected out....no more room lol.Congrats Pam on your loss,ate on plan yesterday,my grocery store had filet mignons wraped in bacon real cheap and was delicious!!!! As far as the hanging belly it will never go away with out surgery,I am loosing this weight for health reasons and at this stage of my life don't know that I would go under the knife for it,too big a chance for infection and being a diabetic scarey.My blood sugar has dropped 100 points since yesterday,woot woot.Dreary rainey today and humid I think I will take today off from my spring cleaning,sore from last couple of days anyway,I really don't care if I don't get it finished til June,not going to push myself a little at a time,years ago cleaning constantly was my life,,,no more!!! No wonder I'm tired from how hard I worked over the years.Ladies have a great day...Gloria
Closed Thread