Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Protein Power
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 10:42

Plan: No more
Stats: 168/177/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: -39%
Default I'm hoping!

Hey Banana,

Thanks for the encouragement. I'm hoping it will come back off easily. My body seems to be an exception to every rule, though, and when I think it's water weight, it ends up sticking no matter how correctly I'm eating! It is awful.... I really wish there was some dr somewhere that knew what was wrong with me cause I sure feel like my body doesn't work right!

I'm glad you enjoyed the apple(or 1/4 of one!). I'm still enjoying strawberries and have a fresh gallon of huge strawberries here at work that a coworker got for me over the weekend. They smell and taste so great!

cindi
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 14:20

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 154/126/126
BF:
Progress: 100%
Talking Strawberries

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmm strawberries,

I've just had 4!! with some whipped cream. I freeze them then mash them with cream to make speedy strawberry icecream! A tip I got off here somewhere!

Good luck with the weight loss, it'll get going again! don't worry, you just have to experiement with things, maybe there's something that's causing you to stall. Take a look through this forum, there is bound to be some advise, I think there's even a forum about 'stalls and plateaus' that you could look up.

Byeee
Banana
  #18   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 03:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 280/260/180
BF:
Progress: 20%
Question exercise

Are any of you exercising? I have found that no matter WHAT eating plan I am using ever, I never really lose/maintain weight loss untill I start exercising.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 05:05

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 134/116/115
BF:
Progress: 95%

i exercise 3-5 days a week. I walk at least 2 miles at work everyday as the girls in my office walk one mile on each of our breaks. I do weight training 2-3 times a week.
sallyd
  #20   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 06:46

BF:
Thumbs up exercise

wow. i am up to 1.5 miles a day 5 days a week. have to figure out time to squeeze in weights. am touring curves for women this week. maybe can figure out how to do them.
  #21   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 06:51

BF:

At work they have it marked that if you walk around the tunnel(basement) 4 times it is a mile, so we walk around 4 times on each break and then everytime I go to the bathroom I walk one time around. I work in a big facility so somedays I walk 6 miles just at work, also everywhere I walk I normally have to go up steps.
sallyd
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 18:43

BF:
Smile exercise

i used to walk at work. but it's outside and it's gotten too hot. i don't want to offend people. so i do all my walking after i drop off the boys at the school bus. i started at a half mile. am working my way up to 2 miles. don't know if i can go higher than that due to time. i have to be home in bed by 8AM so i can get my allotted 6 hours of sleep before the boys get home from school..
  #23   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 19:26

BF:

It is great that you walk and any amount you do will is exercising.
I have a treadmill and I walk or run on that some days but it gets boring. When I walk with the girls at work it goes so quick because we talk the whole time. The one girl walks so fast that I really get a good workout just keeping up with her.
You must work nights, I am a nurse and I work day shift. My 2 daughters are both married so I don't have any children at home.
My husband and I work out together at night.
sallyd
  #24   ^
Old Wed, May-15-02, 22:53

BF:
Smile exercise

I work from 9PM to 6AM Sunday through Thursday but it will be changing soon to 10PM to 7AM Tuesday through Saturday. I have no one to exercise with so that sucks. But I just count it as me time. Besides, in the heat I can't see me wanting to talk much anyway. My husband doesn't do much with me so no exercise partner there. And I still have 2 children at home, a 7 year old son and a 10 year old son.
  #25   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 07:01

BF:

Had a bad day yesterday. I had a funeral (my grandmothers) ate at the dinner afterwards and kept eating all day, mostly low carb but I don't know what my total calorie or carb counts was.
Today will be better. I got that book and read it all, I learned a few things and I am going to keep it for a good reference. Do you take any vitamins?
sallyd
  #26   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 07:13

BF:
Question exercise

what book did you get to read? i use http://www.fitday.com to keep track of my carb percentages. it helps me so much.

yes, i take vitamins. a B complex, DHEA, a multi, CoQ10, ginko, and a vitamin for hair support. do you take vitamins?

sorry about the funeral. those can be very stressful.

brianna
  #27   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 09:33

BF:

I use fitday to but yesterday i had so many things that I lost track of trying to count. I got a book called the secret to low carb sucess by Laura Richard( i bought it online at amazon.com) It compares a lot of the low carb diets and gives other helpful hints, someone on this site recommended it but I can't remember who.
It has a lot of web sites for low carb.
Sallyday
  #28   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 09:35

BF:

no I don't take a vitamin, i am on Premarin, Synthroid and calcium. I tried a vitamin but it made me so lethargic. I am very sensitive to medications. I may taking a multivitamin again, not sure
  #29   ^
Old Fri, May-17-02, 23:13

BF:
Cool diet/exercise

i have these books: atkins (too stringent), protien power and the zone (which didn't resonate with me). so i am trying to work through protien power.

i work nights and i find that if i don't take my vitamins i have less than no energy. i usually have no energy to begin with...i am ALWAYS tired. but the vitamins help, especially the B complex.

debra
  #30   ^
Old Sat, May-18-02, 17:58

BF:

I may try vitamins again. I liked the protein power but I usually eat to much protein according to their daily recommendation.
sallyd