Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 09:52

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 283.0/233.0/175.0 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 46%
Default Victoria Sept. get-together

Hi

I am really hoping to be able to get together with you guys in September as I am on holidays starting Sept 4. I am away Sept 10 - 18 on an Alaskan cruise & also not available Sept 8,22,29 & 30. Any other dates work for me - what about you?

Janet
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-01-10, 13:37

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

September's a ridiculous month for me - most weekends tied up with trade shows, so everyone, just go ahead and plan what works for the rest of you and I'll come if I can. You probably have to contact Jude through Facebook. In fact, sometimes it seems as if I'm the only one who lives here anymore!
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Sep-02-10, 10:58
Registered Member

Plan: Caveman
Stats: 175/160/120 Female 5'66"
BF:
Progress: 27%

hi ladies

are we still having a barbecue at Jess' in Cordova Bay?

Dates that I am not available in September are: 9 and 21 in the evening, 25 and 26 all day, and 28 in the evening only.

Look forwards to seeing you all again soon.

Erika
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Sep-13-10, 15:02

Plan: LC w/o "counting" carbs.
Stats: 320/259/185 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Jess had a change of plans and is now moving back to England on Wednesday! GAH!

Any other ideas?
  #5   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 13:25
Registered Member

BF:

on Wednesday? tomorrow?

wow

good for her, that's so exciting, Bryan too has been wanting to move to england or germany for ages, I think she must have good work and other prospects overthere, how exciting, I wish her luck, and will might catch up with her on facebook sometime.

so ok, any other ideas on what to do for a get together?

Another bbq at my place? but I doubt Bryan can cook this time, he is away a lot this month, he can if he is here, but otherwise we would do the barbecuing.

we can eat inside, the kitchen is big and I already expanded the table, there is room there for a lot of people.

Erika
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Sep-14-10, 13:28

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatzKatz
, I think she must have good work and other prospects overthere,

NOPE! I will fill you guys in when I see you next.

I wish I had a place large enough to entertain. I don't even have a door on my bathroom...it's that bad. Can't wait to move!

I will go with whatever you guys decide.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 13:22
Registered Member

BF:

we are lucky that the kitchen is so big, it doesn't have a lot of counter space, but the room is very big. We don't entertain here, I don't know many people in victoria yet, and bryan thinks the house is too modest to have his work acquaintances over, but it is good to have the option.

we can meet up here any time!

we can barbecue outside and bring the food in, or cook inside.

lately I have been cooking ribs in the oven, uruguayian style (with chimichurri, a mix of parsley, oregano, salt, vinegar and oil), so delicious.

Another recipe I like is the chilli con carne from the paleo site.

But I would like to learn new recipes.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 13:25
Registered Member

BF:

i look forward to hearing about the details.

are you moving soon?

let us know if you need help with that, moving is stressful and so much work, we can help a little if we / i are / am around.
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-10, 15:26

BF:

Quote:
i look forward to hearing about the details.

are you moving soon?

let us know if you need help with that, moving is stressful and so much work, we can help a little if we / i are / am around.
You are so great!

Not moving soon...just hoping that Bruno and I can move in together within the next year.... I've completely lost interest in my apartment. I don't even bother to make my bed most days...which is rare for me.
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-10, 16:00
Registered Member

BF:

oh ok, well that sounds like a good idea

sounds like he is totally housebroken and he is a fabulous cook which makes it even better! :-)
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 12:51

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

First off, apologies for my absence ... it's been a really rough month at work and stuff going on at home too. I'm working crazy hours and trying to keep everything together at home while I'm at it. It's a long story but no excuses...I just found this thread.

By way of catching up for those of you who aren't power FB users.... I went on a camping trip for Labour Day and had a great time despite dislocating my shoulder the first night. It's back in place but separated again....sigh, I need to be more careful apparently. Note to self - carry your flashlight at twilight!!!

I miss you gals and want to meet the new people who have joined into our little group. So, I slowly crawl back to the group and promise to do better keeping in touch.

The rest of this month is still a disaster but October should be better. I might be away the week of Thanksgiving.

Julie
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 15:03
Registered Member

BF:

hi Julie and everyone

Julie nice to see you back on the forum. "no excuses"? that's too hard, we women take on so much and rarely get the support we truly need and deserve, I don't think there are excuses, just life as it happens to all of us.

I hope your shoulder is better. Interesting how you mention having all these responsibilities and then dislocating your shoulder. A book I read a long time ago, "heal your life" by Louise L. Hay says that if we injure our shoulders or we have pain on your shoulders is because we are taking on too much and we feel it mentally and emotionally, then physically too. Sorry to hear about it, I hope you recover soon.

I too would prefer to meet up in October.

Any more ideas anyone?

Erika
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Sep-18-10, 15:15

Plan: Atkins maintenance
Stats: 170/120/130 Female 65 inches & shrinking
BF:
Progress: 125%

Well, most of Sept. is crazy for me too -- between meetings, appointments and stamp/collectibles shows there's not a lot of open time available. October should be MUCH freer!

Is anyone keeping up with Jude on Facebook? As you know, she's not on here anymore.
  #14   ^
Old Sun, Sep-19-10, 12:29
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Glenda

I haven't talked to Jude on facebook, but if we decide on some date options for October we sure will check with her for her availibility.
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-10, 12:06

Stats: 156/146.8/139 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 54%

Quote:
hi Julie and everyone

Julie nice to see you back on the forum. "no excuses"? that's too hard, we women take on so much and rarely get the support we truly need and deserve, I don't think there are excuses, just life as it happens to all of us.

I hope your shoulder is better. Interesting how you mention having all these responsibilities and then dislocating your shoulder. A book I read a long time ago, "heal your life" by Louise L. Hay says that if we injure our shoulders or we have pain on your shoulders is because we are taking on too much and we feel it mentally and emotionally, then physically too. Sorry to hear about it, I hope you recover soon.

Erika

My shoulder is healing slowly as I expected. Thanks for asking....

I have read Louise Hay, although not recently. I probably have taken on more than I could manage at the moment which is why I had to let a few things go during all the insanity.

Work at least will get back to a more normal pace next week when my supervisor is back from vacation.

Let's work on October......

Julie