Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-10, 03:42

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 170/164/128 Female 5 feet, 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hey Guys - Happy Monday!

So, I'm at 152 today, up slightly from yesterday, but I know that's totally from the alcohol I drank last night. There's no alcohol in the plans for this week, so I should shake that extra weight by tomorrow.

I feel good again, after my few weeks of crazy, out-of-control eating. I've got my giant egg/turkey sausage casserole and I'm ready for my week! I'm actually looking forward to breakfast and lunch, and that NEVER happens! =)

Hope everyone has a great day!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-10, 13:24
<---The Crazy One!

Plan: Atkins
Stats: -/-/145 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 25%

Holly- Yay for feeling better!!!! I love it when I finally feel positive about things.

I haven't weighed in yet...I usually weigh in at 6pm before I eat dinner. (I IF during the week)
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-10, 15:08

Plan: GLC
Stats: 145/139/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 30%

I've been around 137 all week even with working out and eating well. I don't get why I'm not dropping.

I just went grocery shopping and stubbed my pinky toe on the cart, bled all over, and the kicker to this is, 3 yrs ago I stubbed this same toe and the toenail came off. I think it's going to again. YAY.

Making crab stuffed flouder tonight w/ spinach & mushroom salad and red roasted potatoes for the guys.

This toe thing is going to put a kink in my working out plans. damnit.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-10, 18:22
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

Oh my, Jess. I can't imagine being able to workout with that! The sweat alone would sting it.

I've never lost a nail before, but I imagine it's not a pleasant feeling. I'm sorry.

I weighed in at 167.6. I really want to get to 166 so I can chop off this hair!

Have any of you guys set any rewards for when you reach a specific mini goal?
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Aug-02-10, 23:55

Plan: Atkins, adjusted
Stats: 165/150/130 Female 5'8
BF:yes
Progress: 43%

fire_dancr~ The spaghetti by itself was NOT worth a splurge, but for the social aspect, it was allowable.

JessDMB~ Sounds like that cart has it in for you.

JessPeach~ I'm buying myself a new piece of jewelry once I break 145, but it seems to be taking so darn long...

Holly~ That's not too bad at all, if there were special events in the mix.

~~~
Still on plan for today.
Planning on going to that pork soup place for dinner tonight w. co-workers. Excited!
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-10, 03:58

BF:

So, for some reason I gained a pound, so I'm now at 153. I hate when that happens the day after you've been completely on plan... I know it's just a weird blip and will probably even out by tomorrow, but it's still very annoying! Yesterday was a really good day. I had my egg casserole for breakfast, lunch and dinner. With my breakfast I had a few grapes on the side and with lunch and dinner I had a garden salad on the side. I feel really good, so hopefully a whoosh is on the horizon!

JESS: Ouch! Sorry to hear about your toe! It seems like that sort of thing always happens to me right as I hit my stride in exercising... Then it derails me and I get unmotivated and out of my routine. Ugh. Maybe just do some arm exercises or floor ab work while your foot is healing in place of your normal exercise, so you're still doing something and don't knock yourself out of your routine.

Also, it may be the working out that is making your muscle retain some water, or you're just gaining muscle. Regardless, keep up the good work. The weight will come off. Are your clothes fitting better? I always stall with exercise, but I usually can tell the difference in the way my clothes fit.

VPEACH: Wow! You're SO freakin' close. You can do it! Getting my haircut was actually my reward for 155! I LOVE it. You must post before and after pics when you cut your hair! I think I'm in need of a new reward for 149... Hmmmmmm... Maybe a mani-pedi spa day?! Indeed! =)

FOCUSED: Good job on getting right back in the routine! And I also cannot remember the last time I ate spaghetti!! It's probably been years! Are you in the 140s yet? I remember we were really close in weight a few weeks ago.

FIRE_DNCR: Have you gotten over the wedding cake food cravings yet?

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!!! I think my day is going to be a bit hectic at work. I'm ready for 5 p.m. already. =)
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-10, 09:46
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

I called in sick today. My body is feeling very weak, I might be getting the flu or something. Maybe I'll drop a pound???

That's sad when I look forward to weight loss when I get sick.
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-10, 12:27

Stats: 266/222/166 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

Def stopped craving sugar after I ate my Chicken Tikka Saag on Sunday, it is soooo good Not been doing good at the work out thing but been being really good food wise. Did drink a lot last night...kind of hungover today (I'm off work today, obviously )
Actually am down to 208 today but I think it's because I'm dehydrated but I'll take it! Going to clean the house today and play volleyball tonight.
I told my husband he needs to buy me a present when I get a mini goal. The first present was a new scale
I am going to buy myself presents from now on!
Have a great Tuesday ladies!
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-10, 15:51
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

I had udon noodles today. Shame, shame on me! I had a soup from this japanese restaurant that Dave and I always order from when I feel sick.

I'll have to keep a look out for wicked cravings.

Been back on plan right after that meal.
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Aug-03-10, 22:17

Plan: Atkins, adjusted
Stats: 165/150/130 Female 5'8
BF:yes
Progress: 43%

Holly~ That egg casserole sounds delicious. Yummers! I did get into the 140's and am hoping to stay under 150 this month...

Fire_dancr~ Good for you on the food. Sometimes I find that I lose more if I just watch my food intake, than if I'm exercising like a maniac and not being diligent about the food.

Jess~ No fun being sick. Hoping you can shake it soon.

~~~
I clocked in at 146.8 this morning, but that was after IF-ing yesterday. Had dinner at the pork place and it was deelicious, but I feel like I was the only person eating at the table. My companions were not thrilled with the meal, but Oh, well. Felt a bit like a pig, but whatever man. It was gooooood.

Hoping to stay on the losing trend this month. Woot woot!

~Focused
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 03:47

BF:

Good Morning All! I'm down a little more today, 151.4, but I have a sneaky feeling that may be because I indulged in 2 glasses of wine at dinner last night with a friend, and now I'm dehydrated... I'm not sure, but for now, I'm running with my new lower number!!! HA! Eating-wise I did GREAT, so there's hope that 151.4 may be pretty accurate. (Fingers-crossed) I just want to get into the 140s!

FOCUSED: Yay! on the 140s! I'm SO jealous. Here's to your continued loss! I've now got a goal to catch up to you.

JESS: Ugh. Sorry you're sick, but good job getting right back on track.

FIRE_DANCR: Ha! I bought a new scale when I lost my first 5 pounds! But I really, really needed it. My old scale would tell me different weights within seconds of weighing myself.

OK... Gotta get moving and out the door for work. I hope everyone has a GREAT day! Stay on plan! =)
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 16:09

BF:

Holly you are so close! You can do it!
I was 209 this morning so I really did lose a couple lbs! I want to get under 200 so bad!
  #28   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 18:01
<---The Crazy One!

BF:

You can do it Fire!!!!!!!!!!! I did the pee dance on the scale when I kept bouncing between 200 and 199. lol

Onderland is almost here for you girl!!
  #29   ^
Old Wed, Aug-04-10, 18:24

BF:

Thanks girl! I can't wait until I'm your weight that's my goal so far!~
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Aug-05-10, 03:59

BF:

It's Thursday, and I'm so happy I have NO plans for the weekend. I can just relax, relax and relax for once!

Not sure what's up, but I gained overnight for no real reason. I'm at 153 today... Oh well, hopefully that's my body setting me up for a whoosh soon!

Other than that nothing exciting in my neck of the woods...

Fire_dncr: You're SO close to 200! You'll totally be there in no time! Keep up your good work. Your diligence will be rewarded! =)

Have a great day everyone!