Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 16:00

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

An average day...

Breakfast: scrambled eggs, and celery w/ cheez whiz
Lunch: a hamburger(without bun) and grilled brocoli.
Dinner(my reward meal): Meat, salad or veggies(whatever my mom makes) and a potato...or desert

How was your sister's visit? (other than cheating)
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Mon, Jun-17-02, 21:21

Does anyone come here anymore???
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 12:12
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/147/125 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 4%

Hi I am still here .. I just havent got back on it yet so I realy dont have anything to post . How is everything going? I think for a little while I am gonna take xenadrine and work out and cut down on my cals and see how that works for little while since I dont have that much to lose.. but I want to keep talking to you I cut my hair really short an I am freaking out about it since I have always had long hair. I cut TEN inches I dont know what possesed me .. oh well I have been told its cute
Have a terrific day
Amy
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 17:04

Everything is going pretty well, I've lost a few pounds in the last couple weeks, I'm only 29.5lbs from my first major goal(of 25% BF)

Other than that, I have a dilemma. I have leased an apartment w/ 2 of my friends at school, now one girl wants her boyfriend to move in with us...I'm a little nervous about it, since I've met him once. We're all gonna get together and talk about it, I hope it works out.

How's life for you?

I cut that much off my hair once. It was waist length and I shaved my head, so that was a heck of a lot of hair gone(apparently my mind was also gone that day!) Now my hair is about to my chin, I've had it short(in a pixie type cut) for a few years but now I want to have it long for a while.

A couple of weeks ago, my best friend cut off several inches of her nice blond hair, got it cut short and spiky and we died it red! Very Drastic Change! But I think it looks great!
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 17:33
Registered Member

BF:

Well mine sits right around my shoulders now and it was down below my boobs .. Its still blonde though.. its just werid .. i run my fingers through my hair and I am like where did it go
I took a xenadrine today and it made me rather nauseated .. I was doing my pilates and I had to stop b/c I felt sick .. I think thats how the pills work ... they make you sick so you dont feel like eating .. anyways how long has that girl been with her boyfriend ? b/c I would want to establish how well she even know him.. I live with my boyfriend and its wonderful but most people don't have the same experience ... and fight a lot and stuff
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Jun-20-02, 19:09

They've been together for about 3 years now, so she knows him pretty well. I just don't want to have to deal with yelling (or screaming as the case may be). We're gonna talk really frankly to them about what happens with fights, sex or if they break up. With us all being in school, its hard to study with people fighting and slamming doors, and I don't wanna be listening to "Oh Eric...oh yes" either!

I got the Pilates tape out of the library and am gonna give it a try tonight probably. I also got the workout book too. If I like it, I'll buy it...how are you liking it?

Anyway back to the fun world of HR Mgmt for me, I recently remembered how much I hate text books!
  #67   ^
Old Sat, Jun-22-02, 13:40
Registered Member

BF:

Ha Ha .. "oh yes " .. I like the pilates .. It is the first hing I have done in a while that actualy has made me sore I am eating bagel bites right now .. I am kinda hungover so I needed something bad .. dont feel too good .. gonna go watch TV .. have a great weekend
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Jun-27-02, 23:35

Hey girl, how's life? How are ya?
  #69   ^
Old Sun, Jun-30-02, 12:54
Registered Member

BF:

hey I pm ed you and I added you to my AOL buddy list ... mine is Amyantim

#70   ^
Old Wed, Jul-10-02, 14:14

Plan: Atkins/ Protein Power
Stats: 173/140/140 Female 69.5
BF:2ndX w/ Atkins
Progress: 100%
Default Hi guys...

How's the challenge going? Am I too late to going? I need some extra modivation, I think...

I read in the beginning of this thread something about Wendy's and the carbs, etc and throwing away 1/2 the bun and wasting money...well the chicken nuggets at WENDY's only, have 2.2 carbs each. Whenever my friends want fast food, I just get them. If you're only induction or something you obviously couldn't eat them and would have to stay with the breadless burger, but it's just a suggestion

How much weight have you guys lost since you started the challenge and lcing?

Good Luck,
E
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 09:26
Registered Member

Stats: 190/171/150
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default Can a guy join the summer challenge too?

Hey Ladies!

Not sure how many of you are still working on the challenge... I know I'm taking it up a bit late. Plus, I'm on the quarter system so I wasn't even done until mid-June.

Anyway, the best part about Wendy's (in my humble opinion) is the 1/4 pound Deluxe Double Stack! 99¢ and all you have you do is scrape off the sauce and eat it without the bun. Buy two or three, and you have a feast--plus, it's no more money (actually less!) than I used to spend when I would get fries and a drink (now I just get water) and of course the every tasty frosty! Mmmmmm... oh how I miss a good frosty...

Sounds like you're all doing well by cheating here and there. I think you could benefit the most by trying to find a low-carb store (either online or in your area) where you can buy all sorts of goodies. LC chips, caramels, syrups, breads, pastas, breakfast shake mixes, chocolate bars... some even have SOFT-SERVE ICE CREAM! Yum...

Best of luck in continuing through the summer. I've got about 11 weeks and 35 pounds to lose... I'm pretty sure I can get most of that gone by summer's end if I can find the time to exercise (which is difficult with my job and commute...)!

~Aaron
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 10:42

Hello and Welcome!

11 weeks and 35lbs is possible, good luck! I'm trying to lose 10lbs/month, so I have about 18.5lbs left to lose before the end of August. Then about 20lbs after that to my final goal weight.

I like the new Wendy's Chicken BLT salad(without the dressing and croutons)
  #73   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 15:47
Registered Member

BF:

You know what else from Wendy's is good?! The Caesar Side Salad (obviously without the croutons)!! The Caesar dressing is even allowable as long as you make sure to count the carbs... but it's very tasty as well.

My other favorite fast-food find is Jack-in-the-Box's "Ultimate Cheeseburger". Two *huge* patties with nothing but cheese and mayo on them. I swear it's like Jack is catering to the LC-eater! There was even a commercial in the burger's early debut that said, "We like the meat and cheese idea... but what's with the bun?" Hah... I watched too much TV back then... but I digress...

Good luck on your reaching your goal by August. I don't think I'll reach all 35 pounds by the end of summer... but I would like to lose 20 of those at least... I'd like to slow up my loss around August or even September by heading towards pre-maintenance.

~Aaron
  #74   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 16:45

I sometimes do the side ceaser and the Jr. Bacon Cheeseburger without the bun. Other than that, I don't do the whole fast food thing much because its too much of a temptation to get what I want rather than what I should get.

I'm hoping to get those 20lbs gone by the end of the summer. I've been home since the beginning of May and I'd love to go back to school and have jaws drop. If I can lose those 20, I'll have lost 40 since I left school and 60 total.

So tell me a bit about yourself!
  #75   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 18:22
Registered Member

BF:

Well, I'm going to be a first-year senior at the University of Washington in Seattle... (Go Huskies!...and also where the name comes from). I'm pursuing dual engineering degrees, so it'll take me five years--hence the "first-year senior" title.

Other than that, I actually did Atkins in high school and had great success... but I was young and naive and thought I was invincible. SO, now I'm back up in weight again and back on the diet, only this time I intend to be on it for life. I really do feel healthier on this diet... not nearly the mood and energy swings I'm used to having, and I actually received a comment today by a friend about looking a little thinner... maybe I have lost more than I thought I had!

(I haven't checked in about a week ago when I was home because I don't have a scale... yet...) At least it saves me the agony of wanting to weigh everyday!