Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 22:14

Plan: CAD
Stats: 249.5/217/184
BF:45.2/36.8/25
Progress: 50%

I'm supposed to graduate June 2004, but first year I dropped linear algebra and had to take it second year, then I couldn't take human resources management(which is what I'm taking by correspondence)...then I failed Advanced Economic Theory, and dropped a stats course. Lol can you tell I'm doing business? So I am currently 3 courses behind, after my correspondence course is done, I'll be 2 courses behind. I just want to be done with school(or paying tuition as the case may be)!

I'm going to work out tomorrow NO MATTER WHAT THE WEATHER DOES. I've been slacking on a couple of rules of CAD and thats probably why my scale isn't moving at all. So tomorrow I get my butt in gear!

I want to get a yoga tape and try that, I'm the world's least flexible person, and I think yoga would probably help with that, being thinner might make it easier as well

As far as inspiring your sister, that will come with time. My sister started CAD with me a few weeks ago because she saw how it had worked for me...she's not too incredibly faithful to it, but its working bit by bit for her. Lol she told me that the reason she decided to lose weight was because she didn't want me to be thinner than her! I'm sort of hoping to be thinner than her when I'm done, I'm tired of being the 'big' sister in more ways than just age!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 23:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 148/147/125 Female 5' 8
BF:
Progress: 4%

I have always been the skinny one in my family .. andI would like to keep it that. I will proably always be smaller than my sister even though we are 9 years apart.
I know what you mean about that flexibility .. It was so much easier when I did not have a tummy in my way.. there is one exercise that you pull your leg to your chest .. I was like hello I can't pull any farther my belly is in the way Yep I am gonna go run/ walk tommorrow and then do my pilates tape and try to do a couple weight for my triceps and chest . I have to run/walk b/c I cant run all the time , I am not back in shape Tim ( my bf ) shaved his chest and stuff today and now he looks like he has lost 10 pounds , I was like what the hell ? how come I cant do that ? I just gave my puppy a bath and she got all mad at me. Talk to you tommorow ..
Have a Super Day
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 06:29

Lol Its just not fair that shaving doesn't make girls look like they've lost 10lbs! We don't have a trick like that!

Currently I'm in my PJ's sitting here waiting for my sister to get out of the bathroom, she has to go to school, and I have to go to work. I have 45 min to eat and get ready and she wanted to take a shower(which would mean she was in the bathroom for 44.5min) so she's pretty mad at me right now because I told her she can't have one.

I'm going to walk and then do chest, back, legs stuff today, as well as abs(I have a love-hate thing with cruches). Then I get to work more on my course.

When I get into the bathroom, I have to weigh myself. It was that time-of-month, and I'm hoping now that its gone, so is the water I was retaining and I've lost. I've been stuck for a while and I want it GONE!
  #49   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 08:48
Registered Member

BF:

I know it was my time of the month until yesterday . I didn't lose and more today though.. I had to go order my Aggie Ring yesterday and it was like 100 degrees and humid and it was my TOM .. so I probably ordered a size too big I normaly wear a ring size 7 but it was so hot and stuff I oredered a 8.25 .. These rings are a few hundred dollars so its not like I can just get another one.. I will proably have to got it resized if I lose weight too maybe I should have waited until after summer , But I want it so bad, Its suck a big tradiation and milestone at A & M ...I am pissed, I wanted to sleep in today b/c I know I am gonna be out late tonight and they are painting the apartemnt on top of ours they are loud and now there an fumes in our apt. Anyway I hope that you lost more. I need to b/c starting friday I will not be on it for a week .. Good luck on your course stuff

Gig' Em Aggies

Amy
  #50   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 12:01

Well, I'm down 2lbs this morning! I'm glad, I've been stuck for a while, so its NICE to have my weight drop finally! I'm finding my jewelery is getting looser as well.

What are you studying at school?

During my finals this spring, they were finishing the basement in my apartment building and I was on the first floor, so they were Drilling into the beams under my floor! Its really hard to study when that is going on!

Anyway I'm starving and want to go make something with all the veggies I just went and bought!
  #51   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 13:08
Registered Member

BF:

On losing a few more pounds
My major is Psychology and I am getting a buisness minor.. I want to work in Human Resources .. I am very hungry but I am gonna go try to run here in about 30 minutes .. it is sooo hot though , but I used to do it in high school for soccer practice .. I get to see my sister tommorrow I am pretty excited about that ... ALSO .. i get to cheat .. Dont tell I am gonna still work out and take some thermaslin.. this one girl I knew that was abou tmy size took that and ran and she lost a bunch of weight , but lately ther is talk of some other drug assitance if you know what I mean.. to help her.. Well I am goin out tonight again, some of our friends from houston are coming in to town Fun Well have a good day sweetie
  #52   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 14:44

I considered working in Human Resources, I was half way through my second semester of my second year when I realized that to do the organizational behaviour kind of stuff I wanted to do I would have to go back and take a bunch of physc. courses and I wasn't going to do that, so I declared my major as marketing. I'm excited about next year because I FINALLY get to take some electives, so I'm taking 2 world religions courses.

I wish I could run, I'm not in shape and I have breathing problems so running requires more air than I can take in...I'm gonna go power walking after dinner. Thats cool that you played soccer, it is my theory that soccer is the best sport to play if you want a nice butt!

I won't tell that you're going to cheat, if you don't tell that I am going out for chinese food next week which means that I'll be cheating too. I love chinese food, and there's a new place here in town that my best friend and I need to try out!

Ya know, I should see about scanning a picture in here...
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 19:29

Plan: IR Diet
Stats: 165/155/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 33%
HI!!!
I am so glad that I have found this forum. I've been going to the low carb forums for a while, but I haven't yet gone to the student one. I'm going to be a senior. I am a materials science and engineering major. I want to lose weight sooooo badly. At school it's not so hard, b/c I just don't buy the food that temps me, but at home it's wicked hard! I can't resist all the crappy food that my family buys, and they won't not buy it just for me. ( I do realize that that is a lot to ask, but it would be nice) I need some serious support b/c I have been cheating wicked badly lately, and I am afraid that the whole summer will be like this!
Thanks!
Tori
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jun-05-02, 19:34

Um...well I'm cheating as we speak, so Amy don't feel too bad about when your sister comes, my friend called and came to town for the night, so we went to the store...on bag of chips and a cheesecake later and we're home...I just thought I would tell you so that if you cheat, you don't have to feel too bad
  #55   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 19:23

Plan: Modified DANDR with BFL
Stats: 215/170/155 Female 5'6"
BF:gonna/bea/hardbody
Progress: 75%
Talking Hola

Hey Chicks!! GOD IT IS SOOOOOOOOO HOT!! I think it hit 105 degrees today!! Anything over 100 is killer!! I am definately not looking forward to 120!!

I wish I had this summer off. I am taking classes every session. 2 classes for each of the last 2 sessions. I will only have 3 classes in the fall which will be cool though. No toughies either! I tried to make it as easy as possible. I am getting burnt out!! I should have graduated in May but I shanged my major 2 times so I lost credits. I hate how UNLV works. I started off as a theatre major. I wanted to be an actress. Right. Then I switched to Education until I realized that I don' really like kids all that much. I finally switched over to communications because I already had a job at the local CBS affiliate news station here. I have a broadcast/ telecommunication production emphasis. I can't wait to graduate so I can move somewhere else and make more money.

I haven't been full on cheating but I have been getting out of hand lately with my nibbles. A little bite of a biscuit was turning onto the entire biscuit. I recently buckled down again after I got a hold of a picture from my friend. It is of me at my fattest at a party about a year ago. I decided I need to get strict again to make my goal by december. I have been working my ass off at the gym also. (I can only afford a gym membership because my boyfriend pays for it ) I am there for like 2 hours now. I never really could get into the pilates. I really like lifting weights though. I feel so strong and I am starting to be able to see my muscles now. YAY!!

Tori (VickiP?)- the best motivation I had at the beginning was looking at myself naked on the mirror (even now). I am too embarrassed to have someone take a picture but I just think of that whenever I want a "little bite" of bread or something. Just make sure you have legal treats around for you to munch on when you get the urge to cheat. There are some great recipes in the recipe section of this forum. I love the LC cheesecake. I don't really even remember what real sugar tastes like anymore.
  #56   ^
Old Thu, Jun-06-02, 19:55

I took an after pic of myself a couple of days ago, and I want to go get the film developed so that I can compare before/after pics of myself and maybe that will inspire me! I actually had a friend not recognize me tonight when I ran into her in the mall...it was nice that I looked that different since I saw her last(a year ago).

Lol Real Sugar tastes good, but it makes for real hips lol I'd rather skip it and look sweet instead!
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Jun-07-02, 07:01

Yay! I lost 3 pounds! yay! <doing a little dance> I'm so excited. I've been stalled at 220 for a couple of weeks, now I'm down to 217 and am happy about it! I'm halfway there to my first goal. Yay! I'm having a good day, its sunny and warm
  #58   ^
Old Sat, Jun-08-02, 16:29

Plan: Modified DANDR with BFL
Stats: 215/170/155 Female 5'6"
BF:gonna/bea/hardbody
Progress: 75%

Hey Ivory!! Wow! Your friend didn't even recognize you? HOW COOL!! Congrats on the 3lbs. You'll be at your first goal in no time.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jun-11-02, 14:52

I was down 1.5lbs this morning..yay! I was pretty happy.

I had chinese food for lunch today so I am not hungry, and when I am, I'll make a salad or something, but in the meantime, I'm going to get some work done for my correspondence course, and maybe go for a walk...I hate exercising...I have to say that I don't enjoy exercise. I like the feeling afterward, the endorphins flowing and all that, but its hard to get going for me because I don't actually like it.
  #60   ^
Old Thu, Jun-13-02, 09:57
Registered Member

BF:

Well my sister is still in town and I am still cheatin like crazy .. I havent been able to write b/c she has been on the computer .. Obviously I have gained some weight back b/c I have been cheating for a week .. I am gonna get back on it on monday . Glad to hear that ya'll are losing weight .. OH ivory I know that I asked you before what you eat and you said 1/2 of every thing , but give me an exact example of the foods that you eat..Thanks
Have great day