Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 09:11

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by akph88
Thanks for the advice ljsmom. I will NOT have a cheat day I am doing to well to screw it up. I am amazed that I have not had any BAD carb cravings. I have soy slender cappacinno and vanilla flavor on hand if I want something sweet and by the way almond milk is devine. I love it. I have heard alot of talk about "eating clean" on the induction phase ( which I plan to stay on for most if not all of my weight loss) which is foods only listed on the induction phase. what are your thoughts on it. I am mixed about it. I kinda feel like as long as my carbs are low I am good to go. I don't eat unhealthy.But if in fact this makes a big difference in weight loss I see the point. I am on day five and so far my carb intake has been ,day1..10.5 ,day2..9.5 ,day3..11.5 ,day4..20 and today 17. I am lowering my intake for the next 2 days for my weigh in on Sunday. Maybe I will eat clean for week 2 and see if there is a difference from week 1. If you have any tips or advice I am all ears. I want to get the most out of this and do it the best I can in order to get the best results. Well I hope to hear from you soon until then be a LOSER!!

What do I think of the induction food list??....I think it is perfectly fine and works for alot of people...The reason it doesnt work for me is that I do not like hardly any veggies and therfore it doesnt work...I also have learned recently that if my meals are strict, easy and basic, meat, cheese, eggs I do much better and lose best...When I try a new recipe or add in things, I stall which is what has happened lately...I lost most of my weight between 2/1 and 4/12 and then hit a stall....I still think I am losing inches, but the pounds are at a stand still...

I am glad you have decided to not cheat....A little treat, a bite or 2 is ok..Dont totally deprive yourself...But doing what I did, a cheat day was a mistake for me and really set my body up and it took me 3 days of hell to get back on track,,,I have not yet paid for it on the scales, but like gwen said my mind and cravings played havoc on me...

Yesterday and today its been clean and strict and i am back on track...I am also working on increasing my calories...Last night we did my bmr calculations and i should be getting 1738 calories a day so my body will not go into starvation mode..I am usually not even hitting 1000 calories...I am going to try to increase my calories, but still keep my carbs below 5....this will hopefully get my loss going again

I hope all is well with everyone...HAPPY FRIDAY>>

LOSERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 09:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcgwen
Ha ha! Thanks girl! Unfortunatly hubby and I have to plan time away, all 3 of our kids and our 2 grands live with us and there is little privacy, but we have a mini-vacation planned the first of June so that will be time for me to do my strutting, and who knows, maybe Ill be down more by then......lol

YOU WILL BE DOWN MORE BY THEN...and you will be smokin hot...to bad its not the end of june and your not going to be up closer,,,our anniv is the end of june and we will be in st louis and we caould both be strutting... ..look out Missouri here we are... shaking our bon bons.... ( thats what my hubby calls my butt...)
  #93   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 09:56

Plan: My own version of LC
Stats: 245/224/125 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:Since 4/4/2010
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
YOU WILL BE DOWN MORE BY THEN...and you will be smokin hot...to bad its not the end of june and your not going to be up closer,,,our anniv is the end of june and we will be in st louis and we caould both be strutting... ..look out Missouri here we are... shaking our bon bons.... ( thats what my hubby calls my butt...)

bon bons....lol My anniversary isnt till October. We will be married 23 years then. We have a cruise and Disney Vacation planned for our 25th Anniversary so hopefully by then Ill be at goal and strut around in a Bikini on the beach in the Bahamas....lol That will be the day!!!
  #94   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 10:16

Quote:
bon bons....lol My anniversary isnt till October. We will be married 23 years then. We have a cruise and Disney Vacation planned for our 25th Anniversary so hopefully by then Ill be at goal and strut around in a Bikini on the beach in the Bahamas....lol That will be the day!!!

My bday is 10/20..great month
  #95   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 12:18

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)
Progress: 50%

Quote:

Wait what? I thought you were in your late 20s. Were you a child bride?
  #96   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 13:58

Plan: My own version of LC
Stats: 245/224/125 Female 5 foot 3 inches
BF:Since 4/4/2010
Progress: 18%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carne!
Wait what? I thought you were in your late 20s. Were you a child bride?

Me?? I am 42 years old. lol I married when I was 19.
  #97   ^
Old Fri, May-07-10, 21:58

Stats: 275/265/125 Female 5'4''
BF:started 11-28-2010
Progress: 7%
Smile Fatbegone

Still going strong on day 6. I can't wait to weigh in on Sunday. I finished today at 10 net carbs. I have been so busy today I had a 6:30 nail appointment for my daughters prom tomorrow and did not get home until 9:00 ( we live 5 min. away so it was not the drive) I was livid and there air was not working and it was like a sauna in there. Tomorrow I have hair and make up to do thank God I don't have to pay someone else to do that (former cosmetologist). So hopefully it all goes smoothly ( will be taking my xanax as soon as my eyes open). We're meeting her date at a lakeside park to take some pics and then home to clean up our mess and then the rest of the house. I just hope I can find time to eat. lol. Well hope everyone is being a loser and I will check back in tomorrow that is if I survuve it

Last edited by akph88 : Mon, May-10-10 at 13:34.
  #98   ^
Old Sat, May-08-10, 05:54

Plan: Atkins OWL Rung 4/ IF
Stats: 135/125/115 Female 5'4
BF:19% (approx)
Progress: 50%

Gwen, you don't look it!! And congrats!!!
  #99   ^
Old Sat, May-08-10, 17:21

Quote:
Still going strong on day 6. I can't wait to weigh in on Sunday. I finished today at 10 net carbs. I have been so busy today I had a 6:30 nail appointment for my daughters prom tomorrow and did not get home until 9:00 ( we live 5 min. away so it was not the drive) I was livid and there air was not working and it was like a sauna in there. Tomorrow I have hair and make up to do thank God I don't have to pay someone else to do that (former cosmetologist). So hopefully it all goes smoothly ( will be taking my xanax as soon as my eyes open). We're meeting her date at a lakeside park to take some pics and then home to clean up our mess and then the rest of the house. I just hope I can find time to eat. lol. Well hope everyone is being a loser and I will check back in tomorrow that is if I survuve it

I hope things went well and I hope your weigh in was a success and you are a BIG LOSER....you have done greattttttttttttttttttttttttt our new friend
  #100   ^
Old Sat, May-08-10, 18:05

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

OMG Gwen

What is your secret. I would have guessed you at no older than 20. Good luck to you on your WOE. Do you do mostly M&E like Stacy?
  #101   ^
Old Sat, May-08-10, 19:58

Cool Fatbegone

Well it's day 7 and I finished the day at 17 carbs. Tomorrow is the big weigh in I hope to see good results. Regardless I still plan on doing a clean induction for my 2nd week just to see if there is a difference in my weight loss. I will not cry if I don't see big results this is a learning process for me. I will learn and lose as I go along and win in the end. There ain't no stoppin this fat girl. I have never been this determined and I refuse to give up no matter how many bumps are in road or how many mountains I have to climb.I am absolutely exhausted I spent 4 hours doing my daughters hair and make-up for prom.When she put her dress on I cried (she is not a girly girl) so to see her all dressed up with the make-up and hair she looked like a little princess. And yet another one of those milestones that reminds me my baby girl is now a young lady. Now instead of going to bed like I am so ready for I have to wait up for my litttle Cinderella. Well I will check back in tomorrow....for the weigh in wish me luck. I want to thank everyone on here for there help and support I appreciate it more than you know. I love all my loser friends.

Last edited by akph88 : Sat, May-08-10 at 22:03.
  #102   ^
Old Sat, May-08-10, 20:18

Quote:
Well it's day 7 and I finished the day at 12 carbs. Tomorrow is the big weigh in I hope to see good results. Regardless I still plan on doing a clean induction for my 2nd week just to see if there is a difference in my weight loss. I will not cry if I don't see big results this is a learning process for me. I will learn and lose as I go along and win in the end. There ain't no stoppin this fat girl. I have never been this determined and I refuse to give up no matter how many bumps are in road or how many mountains I have to climb.I am absolutely exhausted I spent 4 hours doing my daughters hair and make-up for prom.When she put her dress on I cried (she is not a girly girl) so to see her all dressed up with the make-up and hair she looked like a little princess. And yet another one of those milestones that reminds me my baby girl is now a young lady. Now instead of going to bed like I am so ready for I have to wait up for my litttle Cinderella. Well I will check back in tomorrow....for the weigh in wish me luck. I want to thank everyone on here for there help and support I appreciate it more than you know. I love all my loser friends.

Not to be to personal, but it she your only child??.... i know all about those milestone moments..Our one and only child is 13 and every first milestone I cry...Hard to accept that he is growing up..He sent me at Christmas to buy a gift for a girl, I had tears in my eys the whole time...Last night I finally met her....I am sooooooooo not ready for him to get his heart broke one day....

I hope you see great results tomorrow...Even if the scales dont show what you want, rememeber these things....how your clothes are feeling,,,how you are feeling etc...sometimes the scales ae our worst enemy, i can attest to that,,,,Me and my scales are currently divorced

We are here to support you no matter what and with your determination and our support we can all do this..talk to you tomorrow and have a wonderful mothers day
  #103   ^
Old Sat, May-08-10, 20:50

Smile Fatbegone

Thank you ljsmom. No she is my oldest she will be 16 in October. I also have another girl who will be 13 in July and my little man who will be 11 in November. So I have MANY milestones ahead as well as tears. I think being a Mother is the most amazing beautiful gift that God can give but with that gift comes joy and heartache. I too wish you a wonderful Mothers Day !!! Oh and I hope you and your scales will make-up but remember it's him not you.
  #104   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 18:10

Today was a clean eating day and I can say I am back on track...

Menu for today
B: 3 slices bacon/1 spicy sausage patty
L: nothing
Afternoon snack: Protein Powder mix in a bowl ( I got this recipe from my friend and kinda tweaked it the way I like it.,..I am now going to have this for breakfast instead of skipping this meal...it was 1 scoop protein powder...splash of sf vanilla and almond syrup..2 tblsp cool whip..stir and eat like cake batter,,,,carb count is 5....so if i do all meat the rest of the day I am ok as far as my carb count
D: hamburger patty with mustard only

No cheese for me today as it is bye bye for awhile

I hope all is well and everyone had a great day...back to work tomorrow for the final countdown..only 10 more days to go then summer break.....
  #105   ^
Old Sun, May-09-10, 20:40

Default Fatbegone

Well today is the big day...weigh in...the results...9 pounds lost . I am happy as a clam with that. I finished today at 20 carbs. I am really going to try and lower my carbs this week. I think I am doing a great job so far, like I said this is a learning process. So a 9 pound loss makes me happy.Well I will check back in tomorrow good luck to you all and happy losing.

Last edited by akph88 : Sun, May-09-10 at 23:45.