Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-10, 06:46

Plan: Low Carb High Nutrition
Stats: 160/148.8/145 Female 5' 6"
BF:33/29.4/25
Progress: 75%
Default Cheezburger in a Bowl

I know this is not a new concept, and whoever had the original idea is a genius in my book. If it was you, please take credit, and know you are my hero!

Here's my version of a very satisfying 4.6 net carb "cheezburger":

Ingredients

4 1/2 ounces Browned Ground Beef with a few shakes of Chipolte hot sauce
1 cup shredded Romaine Lettuce
1 ounce Swiss Cheese
1 small Tomato
6 Hamburger Pickle slices
1 Tablespoon Mayo
1 teaspoon Mustard

Place lettuce, some of the cheese, and a few of the pickles in a bowl. Top with the ground beef. Add the mustard and mayo and gently mix. Then top with remaining ingredients.
Totals: 4.6 Net Carbs
6.6 grams Carbs, 2 grams Fiber, 44.5 grams Protein, 39 grams Fat
557 Calories

Here's the finished dish:
Cheezburger in a Bowl

Maybe not the prettiest dish ever, but it sure was good!

Last edited by FMN : Wed, Apr-14-10 at 11:01.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-10, 12:04

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

Sounds yummy! What I did last round and it worked for me was a breakfast version!!
hamburger, cheddar cheese, scrambled eggs, and mayo...it really filled me up and tonight I am going to the store to get just those items! That and egg salad on top of my salad greens!
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-10, 13:32

Whoa...that sounds like a breakfast I would really enjoy! Actually, I think this is so versatile I could eat it for at least one meal every day. With all the versions of hamburgers/cheeseburgers out there. I'm still amazed that this isn't cheating!
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Apr-14-10, 13:36

Plan: 1
Stats: 110/110/110 Female 111
BF:
Progress: 74%

What got crazy for me when I did this before was that I got to where it would take me pretty much the entire morning to finish it off! My missing book has all the measurements in it and it kills me that I cannot find it!
  #5   ^
Old Sat, May-29-10, 16:40
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF, Keto, Fung
Stats: 460/316/199 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 55%
Talking

Hi Patty,

I'm finally getting around to telling how it turned out! I tried your Cheeseburger in a Bowl recipe, and just loved it! As you know, I bragged about it on my blog. Thank you for my new "favorite" recipe.

Also, I looked at all the photos on your blog, and they are gorgeous! They make me want to try them... just the kind of stuff I like, and not too hard to make.

Loretta
=^..^=
  #6   ^
Old Sun, May-30-10, 11:47

Loretta, you are such a Sweetheart!! Yeah, I am not much of a recipe follower so I have learned to just look at what's in the fridge/pantry and find a way to put it all together. What's amazing, is that when you are using whole foods instead of a bunch of processed stuffed, it is almost hard to find things that don't go well together. Although, I have succeeded at that on several occasions.

Your blog is so entertaining, I will be back for more. (I see we have a a mutual love for funny cat photos!! LOL) I am inspired by your success and fantastic attitude...it comes though with your writing and your smile and your feet!

Take care,
Patty
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Jun-05-10, 21:46
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I will have to make this. I hate breakfast and am always looking for something good and quick. Thanks!
  #8   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-10, 07:55

Plan: Dr. Atkins
Stats: 232/212/185 Female 5 -- 4   inches
BF:
Progress:

Patty,

That sounds good! Will definitely make it.

While reading your blog I noticed that you make your own home-made mustard. That sounds very interesting. Would love to try and make some, but I think my Food Processor is too small.

Thanks for the recipe.

Katy
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Sep-26-10, 09:59
Independent Thinker

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 198/186/140 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Sounds great!

I do some one skillet ground beef bowls, too. Sort of my version of hamburger helper, lol.

You can add additional veggies or not. I sometimes add cabbage or broccoli. (I'm doing a Paleo-type diet, so I eat veggies.)

Brown ground beef in a skillet, using your favorite fat. Add your favorite seasonings and condiments. Here's a few:

Mexican: add green chilis, salsa, garlic, onions, chili powder, and top with cheese and avocado

Thai/Asian: add tamari, coconut milk, lime, ginger, garlic, and scallions. Drizzle sesame oil on top when cooked.

Italian: add fresh tomatoes, or low carb canned tomatoes, garlic, onion and oregano. Top with parmesan or romano cheese.

Easy, filling, and great as leftovers. Sometimes I get lazy and eat right out of the skillet.
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Sep-27-10, 06:17

Hi Katy, I have another recipe for mustard I need to post one of these days. I have seen other blogs where people use blenders for the mustard, and even the hand mixers.

Those are some great easy meals Water Lily! We are following the Primal Blueprint too!! And I pack a lunch for hubby everyday so those are some great easy to reheat dishes. Thanks for sharing.
  #11   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-11, 16:33

Plan: Keto
Stats: 176/160/130 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 35%

this is such a great recipe. of course i like the patty whole because i can sink my teeth into a big bite.

this inspired me today and got me hungry for one where i ordered a bacon cheese at a local Smashburger place with fried pickles!

and yes they cook everything in BEEF TALLOW!

super yum factor!
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 15:11
Registered Member

Stats: 160/143.6/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 47%

I just made the cheeseburger in the bowl. It is out of this world! i think the mustard and mayo are what makes it. Thumbs up! Thanks you helped get me through Induction day 4.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jul-22-11, 15:15

Plan: THM
Stats: 272/216/137 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 41%

My favorite way to have this dish is as a big salad. And rather than crumbled ground beef, I make patties and cook them on the grill (because I love that smoky grill flavor), then rough chop the burger (I make several, so I can warm them for the next few days) and sprinkle it over the greens. Top with chopped tomato, chopped dill pickle, mustard, mayo, lowcarb ketchup and shredded cheddar. Super filling super yum, makes me oh-so-very-happy.
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Nov-14-11, 20:45

Stats: 147.5/147.5/140 Female 67
BF:
Progress:
Default Yummers!

This is SO getting made this week!!!