Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 08:34

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefmichel
Hi Everyone,
Count me on the eggfest. Am starting today. Will go at least 2 weeks.

BTW you can make your own mayonnaise and add some splenda if you want your may to taste more like miracle whip or just add some liquid splenda to store bought real mayo. Let me know if you want the instructions, you need a blender or food processor.

I can't bring myself to weigh in today, maybe on Thursday or Friday....all that I can tell you is that I had to open a box of clothes that I was planning to give away last summer.

I ended up making the deviled eggs with some mayo, some mustard, some pepper and a bit of sweetener and although they were not as good as my miracle whip ( was is just due to being used to it im sure after all these years) they were not bad at all..hubby said he could not tell the difference...thanks for offering the recipe and welcome tot he group..
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 08:37

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Ahhhhh Stacy sorry your have to leave your DH, But I am sure you had a great date night and will look forward to the next.

I live up the road from you Gf 5 minutes across the river from St Louis.

Egg-Feast Results.............4/5/10..................................
Name...........Start Wt.......Week1....week2....week3....week4
Cheryl.........168.2............164.8
Stacy..........212
Lianne.........187...............183
Pola............127.4
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 11:41

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 446/216/200 Male 73.5 inches
BF:12%
Progress: 93%

Trying this out this week. Hopefully it will end this year long stall and allow me to get under 10% body fat finally.
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 15:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom
Ahhhhh Stacy sorry your have to leave your DH, But I am sure you had a great date night and will look forward to the next.

Stacy..........212
Pola............127.4

You live near St Louis??....I am across the state near kansas city...But I loveeeeeeeeeeee St Louis and me and my husband ( my 2nd marriage) was married just last summer in St Louis under the arch in the park..we love St Louis and he is from Granite City and he has family in Florissant and Edwardsville and we are huge Cards fans and we go to St Louis as much as we can...wow small world....I will have to show you our wedding pics some time, they are amazing right under the arch
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 15:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelocka
Trying this out this week. Hopefully it will end this year long stall and allow me to get under 10% body fat finally.

Welcome to the group, and wow look at your stats..congrats on your loss...tell us about your success story,...your an inspiration, tell us some of your tips, plan, etc....we would love to hear your story.....Stacy
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 15:22

I just got home, and its about 4:20pm....I stepped on the scales and they say 207....I have not been hungry at all today due to the big steak I ate for dinner last night..I have not a thing at all today and probably wont eat at all today...I have my blood work in the morning at 8:00 since last week I had not been fasting and they could not do it..I will not post this weight since it is afternoon but will weigh in at the doc in the morning and count that as my official weight loss...

Last edited by ljsmom : Tue, Apr-06-10 at 12:57.
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 08:25

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Last night I binged and felt terrible afterwards. It wasn't all the Easter chocolate and candies in the house that got me, but the leftover cabbage rolls in the fridge. I had some as well as scrambled eggs for supper. Then I got into the H&H. I mixed with Splenda and ate with a spoon. I ate and ate until the carton was gone. Needless to say I felt sick. However, it was a real wake up call for me to show me how much food can control me if I let it. I cannot stop once I start.

Today I'm off to a great start:

7:00 a.m. - 2 eggs m/w butter and hot sauce; black coffee
  #98   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 08:45

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi all, I've been following this experiment...seems that it is hard to stick too...but then Easter was in there, so eating lc was difficult for a lot of us...me included.

I started yesterday, to see how it would go for me, this is what I ate.

9 am... coffee/2 tbls coffee cream
10:20 am...two large hard boiled eggs, mixed with 2 tbs of butter and 2 oz of cream cheese
2:50 pm...two egg omelet cooked in 2 tbs of butter with 1 oz of grated aged cheddar
6:20 pm...2 soft boiled eggs with 2 tbs of butter...1 oz aged cheddar

I finished eating for the day by 6:30 pm and ate 6 eggs, 6 tbs of butter, 2 oz cream cheese, 2 oz cheddar cheese..and 2 tbs of coffee cream....a little lower in calories than I normally do..but I certainly felt full and had no cravings.

I am not sure how long I will like to eat just eggs, butter and cheese, but I really need to get away from the last 5 months of gaining and loosing the same 8 pounds...it has been very frustrating and I hope that by limiting my food choices I will be able to get on track.

So I am going to aim for a week.
  #99   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 08:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 133/123/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hello everyone. Yesterday I started eggfest for another week, hopefully with the same results.
Congrats to all that lost weight and to the ones who are starting the eggfest lol
Leezle unfortunatelly I did a similar thing like u on Easter Sunday. I overate and had fruits I'm not really happy with myself but I'm back on eggfest.
Have a good day everyone!
  #100   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 08:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 446/216/200 Male 73.5 inches
BF:12%
Progress: 93%

Yea its pretty hard to stick too. I could not do it long term myself.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 08:55

Plan: Under 50 grams
Stats: 190.2/181.0/147 Female 5'4.5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaGirl
Day 1....163.0 lbs
Day 2....161.2 lbs

7:10 am
..coffee / 2 tbs of coffee cream
10:40 am 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 tbs of butter, 1 tbs cream cheese, pepper

I have a headache...but I am pushing through it...the eggs are actually good this morning...the 1 tbs of cream cheese is muuuucch better than 2 oz which would be about 3 tbs...it sure makes them cream and the pepper adds the spicy I need to take away the bland and the butter...well there's the salt..

Thought I would bring this over. How does everyone like there eggs? I found that 1 tbs of cream cheese mixed with the butter then adding the hard boiled eggs was just the right mixture for me. I however like doing them different for each meal...I think I miss the crunch though of romaine lettuce.

I normally have 2 regular coffee and 2 decaf coffee a day so going from that to 1 cup a day was hard yesterday. Do any of you drink coffee with cream? I see leezlelee you drink it black.
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 09:30

ok friends...I just got back from doc and she was thrilled..My official loss was exactly 7 pounds...She was amazed at my loss for the week, and I had to tell her how I was doing it...Before I told her I told her I did not want a lecture or I was not going to give her any details...She just ask me if i wa staking vitamins etc...I told her yes...She then did all my blood work and said my results would be back in about 10 days, that my vitamin D level labs take that long...My weigh as of today is 205...I cannot wait to hit 199, that is my mini goal..I am still not hungry since my easter steak and did not eat anything at all yesterday and have not ate today...I did not bring any lunch for today as was running late due to doc appt...I hope you all are having a greatttttttt day...talk to you later...Keep up the greatttttttttt job....luv ya...Stacy
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 09:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom

Stacy..........212...............205
Pola............127.4

There you go, not sure if I did it right, but posted my stats above, just left doc after weighing in there...wooohooo I LOVE eggs
  #104   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 10:15

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaGirl
Thought I would bring this over. How does everyone like there eggs? I found that 1 tbs of cream cheese mixed with the butter then adding the hard boiled eggs was just the right mixture for me. I however like doing them different for each meal...I think I miss the crunch though of romaine lettuce.

I normally have 2 regular coffee and 2 decaf coffee a day so going from that to 1 cup a day was hard yesterday. Do any of you drink coffee with cream? I see leezlelee you drink it black.

Hi and welcome to the boards...I dont drink coffee at all and gave up all caffeine Jan 1st...I usually drink water or flavored water...

I usually like my eggs boiled and mashed with butter and lots of pepper or fried in the butter or scrambled with the cheese on top....I LOVE cream cheese but have not tried it yet in any way with my eggs yet..I am going to have to as I see it alot of ways that you all like them..

I fasted yesterday and think I will fast again today as I am not really hungry...Welcome again to the boards, it is nice to have you here...Good luck, I am sure you will do great,,,,Stacy
  #105   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 11:49
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 133/123/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 56%

My favorite eggs are hb mashed with butter and cream cheese yummeeee
Stacy im soooo happy on your weight loss!!!!
today I did my blood too due to my legs.... Going to have my results next week too