Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 07:04

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Welcome Jean, You sound like me. eating wrong makes me sleep too. After a few days on the eggs that will go away. I feel off the eggs for 2 days and that came right back at me. This is day 2 back on, and cant wait for the yucky feeling to go away.

Stacy your pic really shows the changes. Keep it up girl.

Still in the spring cleaning mood. Today its the back yard, Yuck But will be nice for the summer. Need to explain to my big 4 legged girls that we need to stay on one side of the yard for easy cleaning.

Want to put a garden in too... Maybe tomatoes

Have a happy Easter
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 07:21

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 0%

Glad you made it back Surfnmom. Amazing how the simplicity of M&E can make us "feel" amazingly better. Best wishes to you on your journey.

Happy Easter!
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 07:59
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 133/123/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hello ladies, well today for me is one week on eggfest. With exception of last night at 1 am I had steak and chicken with my hubby and then I woke up at 7:30am and did the weight. I'm very happy with my results because my insulin resistance is very high. So I lost 3lb! Today I have my traditional Easter and tomorrow I am going on eggfest for one more week.
Well, enjoy your Easter and have a wonderfull day.

Welcome Jeane and good luck on your journey.

Hey Gang! Can't wait for your official results!!!
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 08:12

BF:

Thank you JoAnn . Yes it is amazing how great it feels. Now if my brain would get out of the way. I still have issues with food and trying to work my way through it. But getting there and that is a happy feeling.

Pola way to go on your loss.

Thats right tomorrow is Monday. I am going for a clean week.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 09:28

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanM
Can I join you guys in the challenge? I have veered so far off track in the last couple of weeks and feel horrible. The loss of energy and bloating is really dragging me down. Such a shame to because the weather here is beautiful and all I feel like doing is sleeping!

Jean, welcome, we love new people, so jump right in......If you would like more info from the man ( JImmy Moore who started this eggfest) you can go to page 1 of this thread and his link and his info on on there....There is info on how he did it and his blog..He is really nice and will answer any questions you have etc...He ate alot more eggs than most of us on here, but when I asked him he said just to eat as many as you need to keep full but keep your cheese and butter ratios the same as your eggs,,,,He is very inspiring and very helpful with questions....I read his blog daily and Leezelee is the one who hooked us all up with him, thanks again friend....I started my eggfest on Monday but today ( Easter ) i am having a steak for dinner then will go back to my eggs tomorrow and will do my weigh in,...then after a week will add in only meat..on a typical day I only eat meat and eggs usually so this has been pretty easy but I have missed my bacon and sausage....

I hope your doing well, and welcome to the group.....good luck with your success...Stacy
  #81   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 09:33

Happy Easter friends.....Today is my cheat day and I CANNOT wait for steak..lol....The easter bunny was good to me and did not bring me any chocolate bunnies like usual but brought jewelery instead, my hubby is a good bunny,,,lol.....I am frying some eggs for breakfast right now, then am going to watch some movies and be lazy until hubby gets home from work....I have to go back to my house tomorrow since I have to go back to work on Tuesday, will do my weigh in when I get home,,,,I hate it, will have to leave hubby here at this place to work, its sucks..

I hope you all have a great day, talk to you all later....Stacy
  #82   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 11:47

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:

Happy Easter to all my online friends!!

Supper last night was good. I had steak, shrimp and devilled eggs (which I made and brought with me). Had lots of compliments on how good I was looking and my brother-in-law was asking a few questions about the eggfest.

We just came home from church and I just had some leftover devilled egg filling. Am going to hold out now until supper out at my parents. Trying to decide whether I should indulge in a glass of wine or not. Guess I'll know for sure when the moment arises. I am looking forward to turkey and cabbage rolls and then back to eggs tomorrow. I am also looking forward to the Easter Egg Hunt that we have for all the kids. We hide the eggs all over my parents' acreage. The kids have so much fun and the adults enjoy hiding the eggs.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!

Be back tomorrow.
  #83   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 14:11

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Happy Easter everyone,

Hope you're having a wonderful day. Our dinner was full of meat & egg options. I fixed mashed potatoes, gravy, relish tray and bananna bread for the family.

I stayed with the roast and baked haddock and 1 boiled egg and water. I was very full, even the Hershy chocolate eggs and bunnies held no temptation for me. YEA!

Have a terrific Easter Sunday all Hope everyone has much success on their weigh in tomorrow. May weight today was 121.8. VERY Slow but sure... PMS the past few days so I feel kind of blah. Nice afternoon nap sounds heavenly!
  #84   ^
Old Sun, Apr-04-10, 14:44

Girls, you would be proud of me, I HATE mayo and love miracle whip, ( remember that Leezelee) so I cant eat deviled eggs because I only make them with miracle whip and I know it has sugar and carbs and bad stuff ,,,so today I am going to try to make some with mayo and try them, without miracle whip...wish me luck..lol...i love deviled eggs and thought they would be nice with later our easter steak,,,
  #85   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 06:50

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191/179.4/128 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 18%

Hi Everyone,
Count me on the eggfest. Am starting today. Will go at least 2 weeks.

BTW you can make your own mayonnaise and add some splenda if you want your may to taste more like miracle whip or just add some liquid splenda to store bought real mayo. Let me know if you want the instructions, you need a blender or food processor.

I can't bring myself to weigh in today, maybe on Thursday or Friday....all that I can tell you is that I had to open a box of clothes that I was planning to give away last summer.
  #86   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 07:10

BF:

Egg-Feast Results.............4/5/10..................................
Name...........Start Wt.......Week1....week2....week3....week4
Cheryl.........168.2............164.8
Stacy..........212
Lianne.........187
Pola............127.4

Here is the list for last week
  #87   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 07:56

BF:

Stacy..........212
Lianne.........187...............183
Pola............127.4

Good morning . I hope you all had a wonderful Easter weekend. Yesterday I had some cabbage rolls, turkey and white wine.

This morning I had 3 eggs m/w butter and lc ketchup. I brought egg salad filling for lunch (m/w 3 HB eggs).
  #88   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 08:00

BF:

Welcome to our group Chefmichel! I remember you for a long time ago. We must've been in a challenge together or something. I remember you always sharing your awesome recipes with us.
  #89   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 08:03

BF:

welcome chefmichel and good morning all.

Well I was surprised to have lost almost 4 lbs this week, considering I was the most lax on this. today I am going to start Ifing with this with a 5 hour eating window. My first meal will be a 3:00pm and will end eating at 8:00pm.

I use to never eat in the morning and somewhere along the line (Breakfast was the most important) got in-bedded in the brain.

Well anyway yesterday ended up at another place to eat instead of the steak place, went with it had an Rm and ended up suffering around one am this morning with acid tummy and got sick and ate tums yuck. Great now, but need to get portion size under control, knew I ate way to much to get full.

Cant wait to see how everyone did
  #90   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 08:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom
Stacy..........212
Lianne.........187
Pola............127.4

Here is the list for last week

I am hitting the road in just a bit to go back home from my spring break and as soon as I get there will weigh in...crossing my fingers...I am sad, have to leave hubby here to work...