Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 15:52
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 133/123/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hello ladies! It is nice to see that you are doing ok. My #4 day of eggfest is going great so far I had 1hb egg at 8am the at 11:45 2hb eggs with butter then at 4pm 3 hb eggs with Leeze 's mixture which I enjoy very much

Surfn true I still get hungry at the same time eventhough I added that 1 egg in the morning. It doesn't make me sick so I will stick with it I fuguered it's better for you anyway.

Stacy I hope you feel better today!
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 18:57

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I updated my menu above. Feeling good tonight and looking forward to weigh in tomorrow. I'm belong to the "First of the Month" challenge where we just post our weight the first of every month. I'm hoping for a good number tomorrow.
  #48   ^
Old Wed, Mar-31-10, 20:56

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:

Leezle Good luck on your weigh in. May you loose lots of pounds

Well ladies I am not cut out to eat only eggs, altho I have been staying on an lc plan. I am going to keep eating the eggs during the day as they are working for me at keeping the hungry and the insulin attacks at bay. I did another 1 hour cad reward meal tonight, with out pigging out and I am sure that starting this egg feast is making the difference.

I will pop in and cheer you all on, eggs are the #1 food group.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 06:38

BF:
Default Thursday, April 1, 2010

Good morning!

Yay, the eggfest is working for me! I had to weigh for the First Challenge this morning and in the last 4 days I've lost over 4 lbs. Not bad!

I will be really excited once I break in to the 170s again. My lowest weight when I was LCing was around 170. I'm going to meet that and beat it!

Vitamins:
Multi
Magnesium Citrate

Menu:
6:25 am - 2 eggs scrambled with cheddar cheese and butter; black coffee
  #50   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 08:03

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Hi gang still doing strong on my eggfest...Nothing of much excitement to post for yesterday...My new allergies, which I have never had until this year has gotten the best of me, and I went home from work early yesterday and slept most of the day and night...I nibbled off and on all day and evening on some cheese and that was my meals...No eggs at all...We start spring break today in a few hours( wooohoooo), so I am back at work today, but still have no real taste so probably wont eat much again today....Hope everyone is having a great day....Keep up the great work...Talk to you all later...Stacy
  #51   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 08:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezlelee
Good morning!

Yay, the eggfest is working for me! I had to weigh for the First Challenge this morning and in the last 4 days I've lost over 4 lbs. Not bad!

I will be really excited once I break in to the 170s again. My lowest weight when I was LCing was around 170. I'm going to meet that and beat it!

Vitamins:
Multi
Magnesium Citrate

Menu:
6:25 am - 2 eggs scrambled with cheddar cheese and butter; black coffee

CONGRATS sis.. ..I knew you could do it.. . .I took a peek at the scales and I think I am losing, but I dont want to post in case it is water weight and then also this morning I started TOM, so we will see what scales say on Sunday for a true reading...Good job, I am so happy for you.....I am going to have my steak for Easter and then will go back to eggs on Monday for another week...I have been missing my bacon...

Have a great day....
  #52   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 11:17

I did start to fee a bit better and have some taste, and spring break starts for me in 15 mins..I am driving out of town to where my hubby is working and staying there until Monday for the holiday with him, so I thought I would go ahead and eat my lunch...I had a yummy 2 scrambled eggs with 2 tablespoons butter and 2 ounces colby cheese melted on top...It was great....Talk to everyone later when I get to my destination....Hope all is well...Stacy
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 14:46
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 133/123/115 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 56%

Hello everyone, just popping in for a min, unfortunatelly still at work. Congrats Leeze on weight loss!!!!!! Way to Go!!!!!!
Today is #4 eggfest for me and I'm hungry today. Don't know why but I'm not giving in!
Got to go. Check in later
  #54   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-10, 18:24

Hi pretty ladies..I just finished up dinner and am ready for an early bed again...I made it to where hubby is staying ( he stays at an apartment when he works out of town)....I am still dealing with these allergies and have been sleeping on the couch off and on since I got here....Ugghhhhh...I have this big special day planned for us tomorrow, so I have to get better,,,he even took the day off work, since he has to work all weekend...

I just finished supper, he made me 2 scrambled eggs with 1 tablespoon butter and 2 ounces of a chunk of cheddar cheese..they were pretty good although my taste are still just ok..

pola, I know how you feel either yesterday or the day before I was really hungry and was missing my meat,,I know Jimmy said when he was hungry he would just eat a cold boiled egg, I cant do that, I dont like them just cold....

I hope you all had a great day and are staying on track the best you can...I am going to stick with it until Sunday for my steak, then will be back at it again on Monday...Will do a true "official" weigh in on Monday morning....Have a nice evening and will talk to you later...I am praying feel better tomorrow so we can spend a quality day together....Night friends..
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-10, 08:40

Good morning girls, just a quick check in before we left for the city for our special date day...Just finished breakfast and I had 2 fried eggs with 2 tablespoons butter and 1 ounce chunk cheddar cheese...am hoping that will hold me over til dinner since we will be out most of the day...Have a great day and talk to you laters...luvs ya...Stacy
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-10, 14:18

BF:

Hi everyone. Doing good here. Today I had 3 eggs m/w butter and hot sauce and 1 oz cream cheese on the side. Off to Good Friday Mass shortly and will be back tonight to update. Today it's been 1 week since I started my eggfest.
  #57   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-10, 16:42

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Way to go Leezlee! Don't you feel great after just one week? Keep going and you'll feel even better! I never imagined I could have freedom from all the cravings and eating off plan every 3 or 4 days like I used to. I'm hooked on this WOE. FINALLY! Thank you Lord!

I am happy for you and your success!
  #58   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-10, 18:28

BF:

Thanks Joann. I'm so excited for all of us.

I just popped over to Jimmy's menu blog and he has a link to OUR thread in his April 1st post. How cool is that???

http://lowcarbmenu.blogspot.com/
  #59   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-10, 04:21
Registered Member

Plan: IF/VLC
Stats: 325/238/190 Male 5''9
BF:
Progress: 64%

I would love to give this a try!!!

It's the amount of eggs that have to be eaten and how frequent that puts me off though! still debating it over in my mind.

I wish you all success and will be keeping a keen eye on the thread, good luck everyone!
  #60   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-10, 07:53

BF:

Good morning!

I hopped on the scale this morning for a peek and I'm down again. I won't do my official weigh in until Monday though. I expect after today and tomorrow I will be up a bit. Off to the inlaws for supper tonight for BBQ'd steak dinner. If they do some steak without sauce (and I'll request same if we're there in time), then I'll be fine. Tomorrow we are going to my parents. I will have turkey and cabbage rolls. I made the cabbage rolls with sour cabbage, LOTS of ground beef and basmati rice (which has a lower glycemic index than other rice). I want to have the cabbage rolls and I will enjoy myself. Then back to eggs on Monday. At some point I will add in some meat, but not sure when at this point.

Hi Valiant, welcome! You have to find what works for you. If eating that many eggs (even for a week or two) is not doable for you, then use another protein, like meat. Good luck and and come back soon!