Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#76   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 11:09
Registered Member

Plan: carnivore/vlc
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 170
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
I just tried again, and it says that you still cannot accept messages...I will post it here and I guess if I am not supposed to, it will get deleted...Stacy

http://forum.zeroinginonhealth.com/...ad.php?tid=2984

thanks dear
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 14:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 220/180/175 Male 59 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefrunner
Thanks suzanneyea, maybe a dump question but what do you mean by leave it open in the fridge? like just put it in the fridge in a tupperware, plastic bag, aluminium foil or what? I read that the slab should be wrapped into kitchen towels and these should be changed every day. I also read that individual steaks shouldn't be dry aged, only whole slabs. But I guess there are several routes to go.
I'd love to hear more details. Hope you don't mind

Yes sub primals (large cuts, above 5 lbs or more) are dry aged and if you want then cut off a steak from the sub primal iand air dry to remove additional moisture if desired. You can just put the individual steaks on a cookie rack w/o any towels, foil, etc. and air dry for 3-4 days. I like to flip mine from day to day.
  #78   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 19:45

Plan: I eat all of the eggs. :)
Stats: 600/400/160 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieB
ljsmom: in regards to bacon, that's another one of those meats you want to be careful with because bacon is made with sugars... it does have some carbs in it and can trigger cravings if you're not careful. In my opinion, bacon is best as a treat... but that's up to you to decide.

FYI you can soak the bacon overnight if you do not want the salt and sugar in it. Put the pound of bacon in a large pot or container (I use a small roasting pan covered with plastic wrap or foil...lost the lid years ago) and add cold water from the tap and put it in the fridge overnight. In the morning (if I am eating bacon that week) I just take out whatever slices I want and put those in the frypan. They cook up nicely. I refresh the water in the pot and place it back into the fridge.
I got this tip from the book Neanderthin.
  #79   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:12

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

thank you perfectfit...i am hoping to find some pork belly from a butcher this weekend, have had a hard time in our city so we are going to look in a city nearby,..The turkey bacon I eat has no carbs and has not gave me cravings, but I know has all that other added junk...lately I have been hooked on spicy sausage patties and they do have 1 carbs each and all other kids of junk, but they are soooooo good
  #80   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:20

Plan: Zero Carb
Stats: 420/275.6/189 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 63%

You can try to search for other sausage brands that don't have carbs in them. There are several out there, even spicy varieties. Look at the ingredients list moreso than the nutrition label though. The good ones will list like 4 ingredients
  #81   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:22

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljsmom
thank you perfectfit...i am hoping to find some pork belly from a butcher this weekend, have had a hard time in our city so we are going to look in a city nearby,..The turkey bacon I eat has no carbs and has not gave me cravings, but I know has all that other added junk...lately I have been hooked on spicy sausage patties and they do have 1 carbs each and all other kids of junk, but they are soooooo good

1 carb isn't bad. I get sausages from Longos that have 1 carb each and they are pretty big sausages but seriously yummy. I love the honey-garlic and the sweet italian versions.
I used to make my own sausage patties but that was years ago and am too lazy now. I still have the recipes iif I ever feel so inclined to whip them up again.
  #82   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:24

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 168/110/115 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

I have never been a fan of pork belly, so many zc'ers love it, not me.
  #83   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:25

oh guess what I did buy at HyVee today,,,,They had some beautiful marbled New York Strips there today and i guess on sale for valentines day, I got 4 and I hope they grill up as nice as they look....Here was my menu for today...Ok, now as I post this, this was a rather boring day:

Lunch: 2 boiled eggs with butter and pepper/ 2 sausage patties
Dinner: 2 fried eggs in butter /2 spicy sausage patties
100 ounces water

Jeesh when I cooked dinner I forgot I had the same for lunch...Today was a stressful day at work and they had a luncheon with pizza, lasagna, breads and cake, as I sat and watched with my eggs,..ugghhh....Hope everyone had a great day....Happy Friday....Stacy
  #84   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:29

Plan: zero carb
Stats: 168/110/115 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

wow, I eat like a pig compared to you!
  #85   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:32

BF:

Lol suzanne. When I first started our way of eating, I didn't eat much either. I've started eating more though..I think I ate like 2.5 pounds of meat today!
  #86   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:33

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzanneyea
wow, I eat like a pig compared to you!

I do too. I just had 3 jumbo double yolk eggs to eat and am waiting on a chicken roasting in the oven.
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:46

suz, you tiny beautiful thing, i dont know where you could even hold an ounce of food...lol...i think after doing low cal/ low fat for the entire month of jan and starving, i get full very fast and i think alot of it is mental also...i am doing my best on that...the hardest part was not putting any of that poison "cake" in my mouth that all the others did today...
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 20:56

BF:

It'll get easier, ljsmom
  #89   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 21:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBenny
It'll get easier, ljsmom

Thank you, your support and encouragement helps more than you know...from you and many others...just wanted to publicly say thanks...Hope your doing well also...Stacy
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Feb-11-10, 22:02

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

I've succumbed to my sicky carb cravings I can barely taste anything cuz of my cold but I still want carbs., grr
Closed Thread