Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#16   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 14:08

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

Armywife: everyone's body is different, so everyone's results will be different. I notice that when I'm on M&E, if I'm exercising, I lose more. If I'm not exercising, then the weight loss comes but it is super, super slow... like maybe .5 lbs per week. But that's just my body.
The only way you'll know how it works for you is to try it out

I have to share that I've been getting sick over the past few weeks. I've had two cold sores (usually only get one about once a year, now twice in a row?), plus the corners of my mouth cracked, which has something to do with the immune system, and last night I started to get a sore throat. I don't know if this is because of not eating many veggies or what... maybe it's completely unrelated. Has anyone else experienced a lowered immune system?
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 15:30

Plan: vlc
Stats: 272/272/152 Female 5 ft 4 in
BF:let me look, yep
Progress: 0%

Marie, sorry friend to hear that your feeling like that....I know we are all different but I have not experienced any of that, but remember alos before this I did not really eat any veggies anyway as I did not like them and before this was on a low cal diet ( like 800 cals a day)...I also take a vitamin and extra d ( doc has me on 50,000 IU a day), extra C, extra calcium everyday,,,,I dont know if that helps, but maybe....I did notice that my lips have been very dry and chapped more but I figured that was our weather got bad this week and we began getting snow again this week..I just started putting carmex on....I used to get cold sores bad and had to get creme from my doc as nothing otc worked, if you get to that point let me know and I will tell you that name and maybe you can ask your doc for it,,,,Hope you feel better soon,...Stacy
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 17:03

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 129/129/112 Female 5'2
BF:

Hey Stacy

I think pan frying the chicken tenders in olive oil and butter give them an extra crispy, crunchy coating on the outside . The fat in the oil and butter adds much more flavor. I think that's what fills me up faster. I used to be able to eat twice as many before I'd get full. Fixing them with the tasty oils satisfies me more. I get mine from Aldi. I like to thaw them and even slice them so they're not as thick. This gives them the crispy, crunchy texture that I like. I just can't believe how little it takes to fill me up when eating M&E. I do take a multi-vitamin from GNC called "Maximum Greens" Ultra Mega Green (without Iron). My energy level tends to get low when I don't take it. Anyway, I think you're doing wonderful yourself. It seems like our body chemisty is very similiar when it comes to food. Usually one taste of anything with sugar or starches will set me off and it takes many days to recover. I'm best to just leave it alone. (Not always easy though). All I know is this WOE is the only thing I've found that works for me. Didn't mean to be so chatty!

Marie, do you take any type of multi-vitamin? Just curious.

JoAnn

Last edited by JoAnn.Fit : Sun, Feb-07-10 at 17:14.
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 17:25

JoAnn, Now if I could get my body chemistry down to 129 pounds like you I would be in heaven, ,,,lol....I just take a multi vitamin from Walmart and then another extra calcium ( since i am getting up there in age and have never liked dairy foods) and then extra C and then like I said the doc has me on quite a bit of extra D as he said my D levels are very low...I will check of your vitamin when i run out of mine..I also take B12 and another energy booster supplement that I buy online from swansons vitamins....I really hope one day to get off all my prescriptions, especially the 5 cholesterol horse pills I gag down daily,....I have not felt hungry at all today but am going to have a fried egg soon or my headache will continue to pay for it....I just finished doing 3 miles on the wii fit and I think that helped a bit...I just do the free run and watch tv and jog at my own pace....It is still snowing here....Hope everyone is well and has a great Monday tomorrow....Stacy
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 17:37

I am going to get out our non-digital scales and start weighing again tomorrow....when I used the digital ones this morning, they said down 10 pounds,...thats alot in a week,...which i know can happen, espically since when i weighed in on monday it was my tom and now it is not, so alot of that water weight is gone also...but then a bit ago when i went in there to weight again, i moved the scales to just a differnt part of the same room and just by picking them up and moving them I got a 4 pound difference...I moved them again and got a complete different number...how frustrating...there is no battery, so thats not it,...it is on a hard surface floor...I mentioned it on another thread and others have had this problem and they suggested some brands of new scales...I think I would just like to drag out our old non-digital number scales....they seem more accurate, i would think,.....???? My clothes sure dont feel 10 pounds looser, but my husband says he can see the lose in my face and waist and some may be muscle from exercsing so much,,,,

what kind of scales do you all use and how often do u get on them???
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 18:53

ljsmom: I have a tanita digital scale that I picked up at a yard sale. It seems fairly accurate. I sometimes weigh myself every day but then I tend to get a little obsessive and disappointed if I'm up .5 or not down enough or whatever. So I try not to weigh myself too regularly, unless I've gone off plan and I need to see what the damage is.

Good luck with the regular scale. I can imagine how frustrating it would be to keep getting different readings!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 19:15

tanita, thats the brand everyone seems to like.....mine is a health o meter, which i thought was a good set.....I am going to first thing in the morning, right out of the shower start out on the old number ones we have and see how that goes and then do some research on the tanita ones....

I have not felt hungry today either due to my steak last night or my headache, but i knew i needed something, so I just had a most yummy dinner of 2 spicy sausage patties with a fried over medium egg in the same pan.....it was very good....i also had a few bites earlier of a cold grilled chicken strip when i took my migraine pill....that was all for today, as i have had no hunger...

hope your feeling better Marie, and feel free to call me Stacy...
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 20:21

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

I have a digital scale with increases of 0.1 lbs I think. I haven't been weighing for a while. When I join a 5 lb challenge I weigh every day, otherwise I usually weigh once a week. I think I may go back to weighing every day to help keep things "real" for me.

I'm glad tomorrow is Monday so I can get back to my routine. I have had almost no water all weekend. I always find myself reaching for coffee or diet pop when I'm at home.

I made a roast today, so I'm looking forward to having it cold tomorrow at work.

Stacy, I used to suffer from migraines too. At one point I had the Imitrex injector where I would have to give myself a needle in the leg whenever I had a migraine. Also, more than once I had to visit the ER Dept. to receive morphine by I.V. I still get headaches, but not as often and not as severe. The only thing I'm doing differently is following a low carb way of living. Other benefits that I have received from LCing is no more heartburn and no more gas. :-)

Last night I had some delicious garlic and herb shrimp for supper. I bought a box of 15-19 shrimp from Wal-Mart for $6. They were delicious and had no carbs.

Marie, hope you're feeling better soon. I hope your cold sores are unrelated, but I'm not sure. I have also been battling a sore throat. I have that "feeling" that a cold is coming, but then it goes away. It's been like this for some time now, but I haven't gotten sick yet, fingers crossed. One thing I do notice is that I'm cold quite often. I think I read some where that some people find they are hotter and others are colder when following this WOL. I find my nose is especially cold. Anyone else?
  #24   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 20:47

Leezlelee, I am the same with water, I do better with a bottle right there ay my desk....

Your shrimp sounds yummyyyyyy......I told my husband for our valentines meal I would like for him to go to the butcher and pick me us out some nice fatty steaks and some nice steaks to grill,,,,seems like steaks at the store just dont have much flavor and I usually buy cheaper cuts, which doesnt help...

I love roast, that is actually one of my very favorite cuts of meat,,,,,of course i also USED to love the noodles and potatoes i would cook around it ( as i look down at my big hips...lol)

I have had migraines forever...I have also had the DHE shots and many trips to the ER...Mine are heredity and I also have a few spots on my brain that were found through MRI's recently....Right now they are not cancerous, and my neuro is just watching them and does not want to remove them as the surgery is more risky than they are. I am going through menopause so the hormones affect my headaches also....I take daily preventatives for them and I usually do pretty good...I really think the weather and a little stress triggered mine today....They are much better than they used to be....I have a great team of doctors and a great physician up above taking care of me..

yes, I have read that people seem to be hot with this woe...I am always hot due to hot flashes, so I have not seen any changes.....

If any of you were rooting for the saints tonight, congrats...

Happy Monday everyone.....
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 21:05

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

LJsMOM, with bacon it doesn't really matter. Pork bacon if cooked crisp is pretty lean if you set it on paper after cooking. So eat whatever you love!
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 21:52

LaJauana, thanks.....I have been eating only turkey bacon and I love that actually...I have my hubby asking the butcher about the pork belly this week, but if I cant find it I will stick with my turkey bacon...Congrats on your stats, they are AWESOME....I hope to do as great as you......pass along any tips you would like anytime....I hope you have a journal, I am going to take a peek right now...i love getting info from others, others are so inspiring....
  #27   ^
Old Sun, Feb-07-10, 22:25

Plan: Atkins Induction
Stats: 282/266.2/174 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Thanks, LJ'sMOM,
I am determined to get to my goal of healthy, slim and fit. I would like to get there by Christmas 2010, but if it takes me another two years, so be it! It is a journey and a life style now, not a diet. I probably am closer to a meat and egg eating plan then a true Atkins. I don't eat very many veggies and I HATE salads. I do eat cheese regularly and I have coffee with cream throughout the day. I also try to drink 2 liters of water every day.
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 00:00

Thanks Stacy and Leezlelee

Leez: I'm a hot-blooded person no matter what woe I'm on but I did notice I caught a chill much easier when I was thinner (after having lose a lot of weight quite quickly). Have you lost weight quickly? It's possible that could cause you to be cold, I think.

Welcome, kaz!

Hi, Joann. I do take a multi vitamin plus B complex daily. And I take cal mag when I can remember... I was taking a daily C as well but I ran out and all they had were the chewables made with dextrose. I borrowed 4 of my room mate's today so we'll see if it knocked me out of ketosis or not... I thought it was better to risk it to get that extra vitamin C with this cold I'm fighting....

Here's to us for staying on plan! Hugs
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 05:57

Plan: IF+Keto+Carb Nite
Stats: 239.2/231.6/170 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good morning!

Marie, I lost almost 60 lbs in 2007, and gained close to 20, now trying to lose around another 50 lbs. So I still have lots of padding to keep me warm, unfortunately.

Stacey, I was cheering for the Saints yesterday. First, and only NFL game I watch all year, is the Super Bowl. I was glad to see it wasn't a blow out, and that they came out on top, against the odds.

Wt today: 185.4 lbs

Right now I'm drinking some hot water with lemon juice. It's supposed to detoxify the system in the morning. I'm trying to drink it quickly so I can my my coffee with HWC and Splenda, which is ready and waiting.

Plan to have scrambled eggs t/w hot sauce for breakfast. Will take leftover roast beef to have for lunch, dipped in mayo.

Eating out for supper and I plan to have a steak with Caesar salad.

Happy Monday! Let's have an awesome day!
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Feb-08-10, 06:53
Sugar is poison.

Plan: VLC/HF
Stats: 211/128/135 Female 66 inches
BF:More than I'd like
Progress: 109%

Hi, I just found this thread, so glad I did - the timing couldn't be more perfect

I've decided to go back to meat & eggs, although for me I'd call it meat & fat & eggs - I have to keep my fat intake up there - but I'm cutting all veggies out for awhile, as well as other things (Dreamfields, etc.) I really want to drop this last 15 or so lbs. that's been hanging on for a couple of years. I just started on bioidentical hormones a little over a week ago, and I feel confident that that will help too.

Can somebody point me to the hamburger in a bowl idea? I love ground beef.

I'm also debating about whether or not to cut out my nightly one-minute muffin. I use 1/4 c. flax, 1 T. EVOO, one egg, 1 t. sucralose, 1/2 t. baking powder, a splash of HWC, and then butter on top.

I'm going to roast some bone-in chicken breasts with EVOO and herbs today, and have some ground beef waiting in the fridge as well. I think I might make some deviled eggs - although those go so fast around here it's not funny - my teens are always ready to pounce on them!
Closed Thread