Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > South Beach Diet
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 20:09

Plan: Dr. Eric Westman's/Atkins
Stats: 150/148/132 Female 5'-4"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default SBD Daily Chat

Sauteed chicken in olive oil. Took chicken out - salt and peppered and set aside. Sauteed onions and garlic with a bit of chicken broth in the pan juices. Added light cream cheese (2 T) white cooking wine (splash) greek yogurt (2 T), FF sour cream (2T) then capers. Melted down into creamy sauce. Poured over half cooked chicken breast and baked 20 more minutes in convection oven!

Had no other cheese today and only one cup of cottage cheese. Hoping this is legal! Man, it was the best thing I have had in a month!!!!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 21:03

Plan: DSP
Stats: 232/197/150 Female 5'2"
BF:lots of it
Progress: 43%

That sounds yummy! It's just a splash of wine and some dairy/cheese over chicken with some veggies.
I don't see why that wouldn't be acceptable...right?
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 21:12

BF:

Most of the sauce is still left over the last remaining chicken breast too. I can't quit thinking about it. It was really too good!!! Didn't know if it would all melt together. Kind of sick of dry chicken though.

Also, marinated chicken breasts overnight in EVOO, vinegar, red pepper flakes, garlic, and jalapeno juice (a little from the sliced ones in the jar) plus some of the peppers also. Grilled it! THE BOMB!!!!
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 21:37
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroangie
Sauteed chicken in olive oil. Took chicken out - salt and peppered and set aside. Sauteed onions and garlic with a bit of chicken broth in the pan juices. Added light cream cheese (2 T) white cooking wine (splash) greek yogurt (2 T), FF sour cream (2T) then capers. Melted down into creamy sauce. Poured over half cooked chicken breast and baked 20 more minutes in convection oven!

Had no other cheese today and only one cup of cottage cheese. Hoping this is legal! Man, it was the best thing I have had in a month!!!!

I'm glad that you finallly enjoyed something!
Yes, it is all legal and even for phase I...what about that dish makes you think that its phase II?

fyi- phase II is about adding in good carbs, fruits and starches.....nothing in your dish was close to phase II. a bit heavy on the dairy but its all good.

I do the same with marinating chicken overnight.....great idea!!
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-25-10, 23:49

BF:

Thought the wine might have messed it up! It was only enough though to thin it all out a little bit.

Been having strawberries on my cottage cheese. The other day, I saw some canned fruit cocktail sweetened with splenda. Didn't have my reading glasses, so didn't buy it. Thought it might be easy in a pinch. Is it OK?

Also, had a sweet potato last night. Hadn't had the fruit in a couple of days when I selected it. It was REALLY good too!!!

Oh yeah...I worry a little about the lack of sat. fat reducing my HDL. It is 118 and my triglycerides have always been under 80. I want to get thinner, but wonder a lot about this. Please tell me your lipid profile is wonderful!

(yes, the type A again!)
  #6   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 08:56
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
Thought the wine might have messed it up! It was only enough though to thin it all out a little bit.
a small amount of wine in cooking, gets the alcohol burned off. IMO, it doesn't really count.

Quote:
Been having strawberries on my cottage cheese. The other day, I saw some canned fruit cocktail sweetened with splenda. Didn't have my reading glasses, so didn't buy it. Thought it might be easy in a pinch. Is it OK?
I do not like canned fruits as they sit in that syrup.....I prefer frresh fruit.
Quote:
Also, had a sweet potato last night. Hadn't had the fruit in a couple of days when I selected it. It was REALLY good too!!!
I'd never eaten any sweet potato in my life until a couple of years ago....now I like them.

Quote:
Oh yeah...I worry a little about the lack of sat. fat reducing my HDL. It is 118 and my triglycerides have always been under 80. I want to get thinner, but wonder a lot about this. Please tell me your lipid profile is wonderful!

(yes, the type A again!)

Not only A type, you obsess...a lot!!
I have not had any bloodwork done recently and do need to do that. my bad....
I can tell you that way before I lose this weight, my total was 233. I began to eat oatmeal with berries for breakfast each day for many months and then went back for more blood work. Total was 178.....very cool!!
The doctors office was so impressed with my results that they all started eating it too.
So, when you are ready, do start to have oatmeal( no instant!)....with berries.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 12:34

BF:

I don't want to change it really as my cardiovascular risk is 1.8. I am not worried about the total because I have almost all type A big fluffy particles even though my total is the same as yours!!! I had to start obsessing about that because I had to argue when I did Atkin's with my doctor!!!!

Yes, I know I do obsess. I must quit. Wine helps with that but I can't have it! See? LOL!
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 14:58
Attitude is a Choice

Quote:
I don't want to change it really as my cardiovascular risk is 1.8. I am not worried about the total because I have almost all type A big fluffy particles even though my total is the same as yours!!! I had to start obsessing about that because I had to argue when I did Atkin's with my doctor!!!!

Yes, I know I do obsess. I must quit. Wine helps with that but I can't have it! See? LOL!

Meditation will help you learn how to quiet your mind.
  #9   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 16:18

BF:

You made me laugh Judy!!! You'd have to know me though! I tried to teach yoga a few times (filling in for missing instructors) and everyone would just howl at me trying to do something calm or meditating. I couldn't help making jokes. I wasn't trying to...things I would try to say came out wrong! I changed the name of the class to "athetic stretching" when I had to teach it cause I didn't want to seem insulting to the folks that were really into it! Plus, I'd always, always start laughing when I saw people getting so serious (and then had to turn my mic off.) Little A.D.H.D. I guess going on!

Might try it again since I am a little a less hyper now. I can remember some of the things they would say...."Relax... like you're a raindrop, falling, floating, melting as you are becoming one with water...one with the universe...." (bwaaahahahaha!)

You have pegged me now. This is my polar opposite.
  #10   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 17:27
Attitude is a Choice

Its really not a joke Angie and it'd help you in ways that you can't even imagine.
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 18:50

BF:

Probably would help but I imagine I'd get bored really, really quickly too! I don't disagree with you! I mostly unwind getting on my boat and going places, walking on the beach, or sitting in my jacuzzi watching DVD's outside. Basically though, I am just like NYC - the city that nevers sleeps!

Might have to come and see you in NYC this year!!! DH has brought boats from there to here many times (for people here that bought them from there) but I have never gone from here up there by boat! Want to though! Our boat would be like someone's dinghy there though! LOL!
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 16:19
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 240/172/160 Female 68 inches
BF:
Progress: 85%

Well.. i have 2 things to say.. that chicken Angie is talkin about is very good..i just happend to try some yesterday ..( Angie)

Second thing I'd like to add is.. Angie is a great friend of mine.. and she She's been teaching me all about fitness that i want to know from her.. she also taught me (she was my fitness instructor) and we did a lot of cardio workotus.. and I have even asked her to join me in Yoga w/ meditation.. and she didn't want to.. I have known Angie for 12-13 years now.. And as long as I've known her.. she has been really hyper.. and she does not sit still long enough.. She likes moving around.. I do not think she would do good sitting still for a long period of time and being quiet.. well with out brusting out laughing b/c its to quiet.. maybe if i wasn't in the room with her.. Sorry.. Angie.. but she's like a grown child.. I am 26.. and i swear she is younger then me.. LOL
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 16:37

BF:

LOL Jade!!! I AM still a kid! I am as drawn to them as a moth to a flame! Lil' Gracie is just precious too. You tell her I said she can have ALL my fudgecicles too....WOO HOO!!!

Look at JudyNYC pics and I don't think you will wonder which plan you want to be on! All low carb plans are good, but this one is a little bit different, and is why I am trying it. Since you have already lost 50 lbs. on your own plan, you might could start at Phase II - but I wonder what Judy would say????

Thanks for helping me with my pics yesterday! So glad you are here!
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 17:03

Plan: DSP
Stats: 232/197/150 Female 5'2"
BF:lots of it
Progress: 43%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeS.
she has been really hyper.. and she does not sit still long enough.. She likes moving around.. I do not think she would do good sitting still for a long period of time and being quiet.... she's like a grown child.. I am 26.. and i swear she is younger then me.. LOL
I WISH I was like that!!!
Oh to be in my twenties again knowing then what I know now.
When I was in my twenties I was an accountant and was leading a very quiet and sedentary life. Now I'm 40 and I don't have the energy that I use to have.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-27-10, 18:30

BF:

Renee - I am 47! LOL! Jade is 26!!!