Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-09, 11:21

Plan: HighFat/LC
Stats: 160/158/135 Female 5' 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph317
ok, being a daily weigher, i had to post that i'd lost 2 pounds. i hope you don't mind me posting this now. i don't see how you guys wait a week to weigh-in! but i know everyone does this differently. hope you guys are doing well!

Congratulations on the 2 pounds!
Feel free to post your losses anytime-I know how hard it is to sit on good news!

Some of the girls have decided to weigh-in once a week, but a brand new chart is made to keep it up to date with the members who are still participating. I was in another challenge where the chart got so long after several weeks with many drop-outs that you couldn't tell who was still in it. So we thought it would be easier to start a new chart each week to keep it current and prevent this problem months down the line.

I'm going out tonight with friends. I'm trying to decide if I should have one beer or no beer, but I am leaning toward no beer. Either way I know it's better to make my decision before I get there than in the "moment."

Have a great weekend, Ladies!
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-09, 16:33

Plan: Atkins/Leptin Hybrid
Stats: 150/131/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 95%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph317
ok, being a daily weigher, i had to post that i'd lost 2 pounds. i hope you don't mind me posting this now. i don't see how you guys wait a week to weigh-in!

It's one of those 'to each her own' kind of things, lol. I just go too nuts with my daily fluctuations to weigh myself every day. Not to mention that I've got no time to weigh myself first thing most days. One of the joys of children, lol.

Magic, is it inpatient or outpatient? If you're staying in the hospital, do you have a plan to manage your eating, or are you just going to take a break from worrying about it while you undergo major surgery? (I don't know if I could NOT take a break, lol!)

Stacey, I vote that you either skip the beer or have just a single Corona (5 carbs per serving). You can volunteer to drive, if it's going to be a night of drinking for everyone else!
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-09, 11:41

BF:

My life is so not fair. My SIL and I both are hypothyroid. She gets medicated, and never has to diet again. I get medicated, my levels are normal again, but I'm still freezing cold all the time and it doesn't affect my weight at all. I so wish life were fair, lol.

But, in 20 years when she's dealing with hypertension and clogged arteries from her lifestyle, maybe I'll be laughing. All wrapped up in blankets, lol, but laughing!
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-09, 13:07

BF:

I made it through my night out. I ended up having 2 Miller 64s alternated with 2 large club sodas. 4.6 carbs total.

People are starting to comment on my weight loss. I have only lost 12 pounds, but I heard a dietician say for every pound of fat lost it looks like you lost double that. I had 2 people call me "skinny" this weekend-which is just weird to me.

I ordered the cutest little body fat monitor. The thing was so cheap that I hope it works. I will also have it done at the gym to compare.
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-09, 13:46

BF:

Good for you, drinking moderately and not throwing low carb out the window! And it is so cool that people are actually starting to notice your weight loss. That's got to be one of the funnest parts of this.
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-09, 14:51

Plan: modified atkins
Stats: 184.0/141.5/152.0 Female 66.25 inches
BF:35%/???/???
Progress: 133%

Ok wednesday is the day! remember to check in. I know last couple of days my weight has been on the upward trend. Lets see what Wednesday holds! Think lower numbers!
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-09, 15:18

Plan: Modified Low-Carb
Stats: 155/148/142 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:28%/23.6%/18%
Progress: 46%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyP
Magic, is it inpatient or outpatient? If you're staying in the hospital, do you have a plan to manage your eating, or are you just going to take a break from worrying about it while you undergo major surgery? (I don't know if I could NOT take a break, lol!)

It's inpatient. I just figure I am going to tell the nurses that I don't eat sugar, and everything else I will just deal with. I figure the sugar is the key thing to avoid. It's only a day anyhow, then I'll be home.

I'll probably lose a few pounds just from surgery anyhow, so I'll be ahead a bit!
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-09, 15:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by xturkeyldy
Ok wednesday is the day! remember to check in. I know last couple of days my weight has been on the upward trend. Lets see what Wednesday holds! Think lower numbers!

Yeah, I'm really glad that Wednesday is weigh in. Although I'm going to eat pretty good for Thanksgiving, I am having company and we will be doing some drinking. I figure I might as well indulge in a few, cause I won't be able to having anything until well after Christmas. Low-carb Kahlua and Calorie Countdown milk. 4 carbs per drink. I'm going to allow myself six for a total of 24 carbs.

Haven't weighed since last Wed, hoping for good numbers. Will check in tomorrow.
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Nov-24-09, 23:23

BF:

xturkeyldy - Sending you ketosis vibes for tomorrow!

magic - Yeah, I'd forgotten about how little anyone usually eats after surgery. And you're right, as long as you avoid sugar, you should be cool. And, if you like beer, I hear Corona only has like 5 carbs... Just saying.

This holiday is wearing me out! Trying to get my house in shape for company with a 3 year old and a 5 year old running around. Ugh! But they can mess things up all they want after people show up on Thursday, lol, so only 1-1/2 days to go!
  #85   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-09, 07:27

This has been an odd week on the scale, as in life. My numbers relect a one pound loss which is great! I am happy. Here are how the numbers went this week. 160 159 157 159 160 161 162. Have no clue what's up with that but hey i did show a pound down for the week. I will make this work.

name...............start........goal.............today.............how much to go
xturkeyldy........165.5........142..............159...............17 lbs to go
  #86   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-09, 08:42

BF:

Name...............Start........Goal.............Today............How much to go

xturkeyldy..........165.5........142..............159................17 lbs to go
MommyP............150...........130ish..........144................~14 lbs to go

AF is gone, but she didn't take much weight with her, as I was hoping. But, a 1 pound loss for the week is better than a 1 pound gain!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-09, 09:33

Name...............Start........Goal.............Today............How much to go
xturkeyldy..........165.5........142..............159................17 lbs to go
MommyP............150...........130ish..........144................~14 lbs to go
magic76.............159...........135.............150.................15 lbs to go

Lost two of the six I gained back. Not bad. I can live with that. At least something went good this morning. The rest of the morning has completely sucked. Too much to do and not enough time. Add to that a stupid three hour exam for class, UGH!!!!!!! Feeling pretty overwhelmed right now.

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-09, 10:24

BF:

magic76.............159...........135.............150.................15 lbs to go
svince6..............157.5.........135.............143.6..............8. 6 lbs to go

OMG--I dropped 2.5 pounds this week! I will have to call this a "whoosh" week.

I have two possible explanations or it is the combo of both:
1) I was on my cycle last week and retaining water weight while I had also lost fat, so it wasn't showing up on the scale yet,
2) I have been eating more and more zc meals this week (meat only), and I think this really expedites the fat loss process.

I am inclined to believe it is the combo of both bc I do always tend to retain water during TOM.
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-09, 10:31

Ladies we are doing good. Great whoosh week stacy! Congrats. I am so hoping for a whoosha after all the yo yoing numbers. I can't recall having yoyo'd that much while seriously lowcarbing and i have to say that has helped to keep my attitude in the dump, kinda.

Husband and i have had some major stumbles of our own, so i know that is playing a roll. But I want to get this weight off for me. I love the way it feels to slip on a size 6 or even a size 8. I want that again!
  #90   ^
Old Wed, Nov-25-09, 11:57

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic76
Although I'm going to eat pretty good for Thanksgiving, I am having company and we will be doing some drinking. I figure I might as well indulge in a few, cause I won't be able to having anything until well after Christmas. Low-carb Kahlua and Calorie Countdown milk. 4 carbs per drink. I'm going to allow myself six for a total of 24 carbs.

I think it is good to have a plan like this. Not having a plan for occassions and eating out has been my downfall in the past. Before I thought I would just get there and go with my inclinations since it was a "holiday." Well, "inclinations" can be affected by mood, alcohol, seeing and smelling the food, and other people.

It is always better for me if I think about what I am going to eat and drink beforehand, even if I don't follow my plan exactly.