Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 08:30
Registered Member

Plan: VLC/ZC
Stats: 147/135.2/120 Female 60 inches
BF:
Progress: 44%

MAGIC- deviled eggs omg, those sound so good to me right now. hmmmm

last night i made some salmon. I have a bag in the freezer that i'm trying to finish up. I had some this morning. OMG, i wanted to gag

I NOW OFFICIALLY HATE FISH. i dont know what i'm going to do with what i have. save it for company i guess. wow, could not stomach it

chicken too. i just want MEAT!! very weird

I took out a sirloin to defrost today. I put it in a deep pan with some beef broth and cook on low for 4 hours. OMG, heaven!! the meat just breaks apart with a fork. my kids love it too. can't wait for it later tonight
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 09:13

Plan: Modified Low-Carb
Stats: 155/148/142 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:28%/23.6%/18%
Progress: 46%

I could eat fish almost every day! Probably not salmon though. I like northern pike, walleye, and whitefish the best. Salmon is good too.

I think I am going to make steaks tonight. I have some real nice t-bones that I've been wanting to try. So, I'm thinking those and a nice salad for supper.

I had venison jerky for breakfast.
  #63   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 15:20

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 214/150.4/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

I am soooo glad I'm Canadian. We've already gotten past Thanksgiving, so my next big hurdle won't be until Christmas. Good luck to you all over the big weekend.
  #64   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 15:36

Plan: HighFat/LC
Stats: 160/158/135 Female 5' 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 8%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebeing
I NOW OFFICIALLY HATE FISH. i dont know what i'm going to do with what i have. save it for company i guess. wow, could not stomach it

chicken too. i just want MEAT!! very weird

Do you know someone with a dog or cat you can give it to ? Too bad we aren't neighbors, I know mine would eat it up! (I have a dog and a cat.)

Last edited by svince6 : Thu, Nov-19-09 at 16:26.
  #65   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 15:58

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 205/152/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

oh man, i hate fish too!! when i was a kid i'd eat fish sticks with tons of ketchup on them to drown out the taste. glad i don't have to eat fish now that i'm an adult!
  #66   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 16:21

Plan: Atkins/Leptin Hybrid
Stats: 150/131/130 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 95%

There are a ton of mild fish. I agree, I hate fish that tastes too strong, but flounder is good, so is tilapia. I actually could eat chicken or fish every night, but my husband is a beef lover, so I find myself getting sick of beef. I guess to each her own, huh?

And, magic, I get sick of eggs, too. But I agree that deviled eggs sound different for some reason. Maybe it's all the mayo?

Didn't Dr. A recommend dropping down to induction levels before you plan to splurge? I don't think I can plan to splurge, lol. I go off the wagon, and it's months before I have the presence of mind to stop eating the junk. I think I've just got an addictive personality. Good thing I never tried drugs!
  #67   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 16:38

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyP
I don't think I can plan to splurge, lol. I go off the wagon, and it's months before I have the presence of mind to stop eating the junk. I think I've just got an addictive personality. Good thing I never tried drugs!

It's not just you. I think ALOT of people are addicted to carbs and when they eat a certain amount of them it sets off cravings and can lead to binges by putting their blood sugar on a roller coaster ride. It's just that these people don't realize it, because they have never lived any other way. (A few of my family members come to mind. )

Last edited by svince6 : Thu, Nov-19-09 at 16:46.
  #68   ^
Old Thu, Nov-19-09, 20:20

I'm not really planning to splurge too bad on Thanksgiving, but I want to drop a few of these pounds quickly in the next week or so, cause I'm having surgery that will put me down for the month of December, so I won't be able to work out.

So, I figure if I can drop 5 pounds or so real quick here and then REALLY watch what I eat after Thanksgiving, I should be able maintain or lose a bit between now and Christmas. Then, I will probably gain 5 back at Christmas.
  #69   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 14:44

BF:

Okay, here's my Twilight Zone moment for the week. I did my normal weigh-in on Wednesday, dropped a pound more than I was hoping for, so everything was cool in my world. This morning, my 3 yo was in my bathroom with me and wanted to see her 'number' (the scale). So, we weighed her; she's up to a whopping 35 pounds fully clothed. She then insisted that we get my number. I figured it'd be around 146, since it was mid-morning and I hadn't eaten yet. It was 147.6! (I was only wearing a tank top and panties at the time.)

So, I was freaking out a little, as you would when you've been trying to do things right but you gain anyway. Until this afternoon. Yep, I started. I should really keep track of this stuff now that I'm trying to lose, especially. But since I got my tubes tied, I haven't cared about keeping track of that stuff. Oh, well. Lesson learned!
  #70   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 16:01

BF:

MommyP, I hear ya!

Retaining up to several pounds of water every month during "that time" can really bring a girl down when she steps on the scale. I've even looked in the mirror and could tell I'd gotten "fatter," and then the next day- BAM!-you guessed it.
  #71   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 19:23

Maybe that is part of my issue right now. My TOM is pretty much non-stop anymore (hence the surgery in December). Maybe I just have 8 extra pounds of water weight right now.
  #72   ^
Old Fri, Nov-20-09, 22:38

BF:

I went through that after the birth of my 2nd daughter, magic. My OB tried a few medications, then we agreed that, since I think 2 kids is enough for me, I should have an ablation. My TOM was finally normal again, though that was an uncomfortable week of recovery. Best of luck for you, if that's what you're going through! I'll add you to my prayer list. =)
  #73   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-09, 07:58

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 205/152/150 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

ok, being a daily weigher, i had to post that i'd lost 2 pounds. i hope you don't mind me posting this now. i don't see how you guys wait a week to weigh-in! but i know everyone does this differently. hope you guys are doing well!

Name............Start Wt....Goal Wt.....Current Wt......Lbs left
xturkeyldy..........165.5........142..........159...........17 pounds
magic76.............159..........135..........152.........17 pounds
MommyP............150.........130............143.........>13pounds?
svince6..........157.5........135...........146.2..........11.3pounds
lovebeing...........142..........120...........133............13pounds
chermac............214...........156.2........145............11.2 left
nakemarene........169.5........149............162.5.........13lbsl
zeph..................158..........140............156............16lbs.
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-09, 09:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyP
I went through that after the birth of my 2nd daughter, magic. My OB tried a few medications, then we agreed that, since I think 2 kids is enough for me, I should have an ablation. My TOM was finally normal again, though that was an uncomfortable week of recovery. Best of luck for you, if that's what you're going through! I'll add you to my prayer list. =)

Hysterectomy for me. Ablation is not an option.
  #75   ^
Old Sat, Nov-21-09, 10:06

Plan: Atkins Maintenance
Stats: 214/150.4/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeph317
ok, being a daily weigher, i had to post that i'd lost 2 pounds. i hope you don't mind me posting this now. i don't see how you guys wait a week to weigh-in! but i know everyone does this differently. hope you guys are doing well!

Name............Start Wt....Goal Wt.....Current Wt......Lbs left
xturkeyldy..........165.5........142..........159...........17 pounds
magic76.............159..........135..........152.........17 pounds
MommyP............150.........130............143.........>13pounds?
svince6..........157.5........135...........146.2..........11.3pounds
lovebeing...........142..........120...........133............13pounds
chermac............214...........156.2........145............11.2 left
nakemarene........169.5........149............162.5.........13lbsl
zeph..................158..........140............156............16lbs.

congrats on the 2 pounds, Zeph.
There is no way, at this point, that I can weigh each day. Now that I've lost a fair amount of weight, I'm really scared that my mind set hasn't changed yet, and that I'll start to get obsessed about the numbers on the scale and in some way sabotage myself - again. If I gain a pound in one day, I might not be able to see the bigger picture and know that I'll probably have lost it again the next day. Does that make any sense? Anyone else having a bit of trouble coming to grips with the "New Thin Self"?